The UFO phenomenon

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I've been looking into the evidence for UFOs lately and I have to say that the quality and quantity of evidence for their existence is very compelling. For example, the military has had extensive interaction with UFOs for decades. Recently, classified information has been made available. Consider the following:

Inside the Navy's 2015 encounter with a UFO

Back in 2004, fighter jets from the USS Nimitz had interactions with a UFO. The following video is a recreation of that event:

The Nimitz Encounters

This doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of the mountain of available evidence to show that we are being "visited" by unknown craft. UFOs have even hovered over military bases and in some cases they have tampered with the nuclear missiles--apparently to send a message to our political and military leaders that we are playing with fire.

What are we to think of the UFO topic?

Jerry Shugart

"Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience" (Eph.2:2).

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Thanks Jer, but angels have been seen in the air as well. For all we know these UFOs could be angelic in nature. The whole point of "UFOs" is that they are as yet "unidentified."

Mass UFO sightings have occurred throughout the world on numerous occasions. Here are just a few of them. The first is the Westall, Austrailia, sighting in 1966:

The Westall UFO Incident

Next is the Ariel School UFO encounter, which took place in Ruwa, Zimbabwe, in 1994. This mass sighting was observed by 62 children at their local school:

Ariel UFO Enounter

Thirdly, there is the mass UFO sighting known as "the Phoenix Lights," which occurred in Arizona back in 1997. This event was observed by thousands of people in Phoenix and other parts of the state:

The Phoenix Lights

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned

what a load of rubbish

Enough evidence has already been posted in this thread to prove that the UFO phenomenon is real. I would have thought that the fact that UFOs have flown over nuclear missile bases in both the USA and the former USSR, with subsequent disabling of those missiles, would be proof enough! Have either of you actually considered that evidence? And there is much, much more, for example:

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned

Gobbledygook.

For us to be visited by aliens would require faster than light travel. I am not buying it. Furthermore it would require that in an infinite universe somebody accidentally found us.

Those two things are so unlikely that I believe they are a statistical impossibility.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
For us to be visited by aliens would require faster than light travel. I am not buying it. Furthermore it would require that in an infinite universe somebody accidentally found us.

Those two things are so unlikely that I believe they are a statistical impossibility.

Monsignor Corrado Balducci, a Vatican theologian, said: "Extraterrestrial contact is a real phenomenon. The Vatican is receiving much information about extraterrestrials and their contacts with humans from its embassies in various countries, such as Mexico, Chile and Venezuela."

There are an estimated 40 billion earth-like planets in the Milky Way Galaxy. Given these numbers, I consider it not only statistically possible but statistically likely that extraterrestrial civilizations thousands of years in advance of our own have developed the technologies necessary to find and visit our planet.

How they traveled here is a matter of pure speculation for us with our current level of understanding, but that they are here is not a matter of speculation. It is a fact that they are here. A UFO flew over Malmstrom Air Force Base in Montana on March 16, 1967, hovered over the missile silos for some time, and shut down 10 Minuteman nuclear missiles. That is a fact, not speculation.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Monsignor Corrado Balducci, a Vatican theologian, said: "Extraterrestrial contact is a real phenomenon.......

I get it: He's Catholic, I'm Catholic, so that should carry weight with me. If I were to be generous with the good monsignor I would say that he is being quite cryptic, and that the way his statement is phrased can be interpreted in a number of ways. Or, I could be lees than generous and say he's a nut.

......The Vatican is receiving much information about extraterrestrials and their contacts with humans from its embassies in various countries, such as Mexico, Chile and Venezuela......

Ahh, I see. If a report comes in from those nations about Mary appearing or an angel appearing, you would likely dismiss them as Catholic nonsense. But reports to the Vatican about aliens, ahh now then, there might be something to that! :mad:

......There are an estimated 40 billion earth-like planets in the Milky Way Galaxy.........

....any one of which would require faster than light travel to get to, and I am not buying that is possible.

.....that they are here is not a matter of speculation.......

Until you produce a body or physical evidence, it is in fact nothing BUT speculation!!

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
....any one of which would require faster than light travel to get to, and I am not buying that is possible.

Of course it's not possible...for us! But give it 10,000 years, and we might find a way. NASA is already researching at least one possibility:

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I get it: He's Catholic, I'm Catholic, so that should carry weight with me. If I were to be generous with the good monsignor I would say that he is being quite cryptic, and that the way his statement is phrased can be interpreted in a number of ways.

Vatican Astronomer Says Its OK to Believe in ET

The director of the Vatican observatory said it’s possible that intelligent life exists on other planets. And since aliens would be part of God’s creation, their existence would not contradict the Catholic faith.

Read more at the source: https://www.universetoday.com/14262/vatican-astronomer-says-its-ok-to-believe-in-et/

See also:

Father Gabriel Funes, the chief astronomer of the Vatican, said in an interview to the Vatican paper, Osservatore Romano last year:

“Just like there is an abundance of creatures on earth, there could also be other beings, even intelligent ones, that were created by God. That doesn’t contradict our faith, because we cannot put boundaries to God’s creative freedom. As saint Francis would say, when we consider the earthly creatures to be our “brothers and sisters”, why couldn’t we also talk about a “extraterrestrial brother”? He would still be part of creation.”

Source: https://www.universetoday.com/44713/vatican-holds-conference-on-extraterrestrial-life/