Ghost sighting

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
:D

"Rats" nominated for 'Best Rock Song' Grammy, and Prequelle for 'Best Rock Album.'

;)

Idolater

To pagans (Paul's Gentiles), the Real Presence makes sense. In fact if you're a Christian but you don't believe in the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist---why not? The Real Presence in the Eucharist is the easy part!

Idolater

Papa III on the kazoo!
Start around 4:50 to just watch him on the home stretch.

Idolater

Mephistopheles is a fictional demon.

This is like Ghost being into duck worship, and then suddenly 'dropping' a song about Daffy Duck with a straight face.

It's theater. Confirmed.

Idolater

Mr. Tobias Forge doesn't have an original thought in his head. On this latest record he's got a song strongly reminiscent of Metallica and another song that's almost exactly Tool's "Jambi". But neither did Aristotle or Aquinas have original thoughts in their heads, and those men shaped an age and elevated entire societies. Karl Marx stole everything from Hegel, and he changed the world too. That Mr. Forge steals ideas and chord progressions and melodies and makes songs out of them are his own creative 'variations on a theme'. And him combining his unique form of metal with his own vocals and the whole theater of the thing, does make him remarkable. In fact Metallica themselves stole chord progressions from Mr. David Bowie and Fleetwood Mac, they made their own 'variations on a theme'. (Not to mention Megadeth's (former Metallica member Mr. Dave Mustaine's) "Mechanix", which is just a 'straight up' 'rip off'.)

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Nowadays, I just don't listen to rock music anywhere near as much as I used to, years ago. I have only heard a few songs by Ghost, and know virtually nothing about them. The first one I heard/saw the video of was Square Hammer, a few years back. The imagery kind of creeped me out and I had little clue as to what their message is, but to my taste their sound is actually pretty top-notch in terms of modern rock music. Far far far superior to the sound of (to me) perhaps the most obnoxious modern rock group I have ever heard (and forgive me if you happen to like them): Volbeat. I mean, I really, really, really can't stand Volbeat. I absolutely hate every song I've heard by them; their melodies are silly, awkward, and not catchy; and that guy's vocal antics are just horrid.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Far far far superior to the sound of (to me) perhaps the most obnoxious modern rock group I have ever heard (and forgive me if you happen to like them): Volbeat.
My most hated band: It's a tie between Quiet Riot and Marilyn Manson.

Quiet Riot: a group of guys who hit their stride when they were in their late 30s playing music that appealed primarily to Jr high-school boys. Total cringefest.

Marilyn Manson: AKA Marilyn (will someone please be offended at me? Please?) Manson. Hey Marilyn, the world has already seen Alice Cooper. Get an original act.

7djengo7

Quiet Riot: a group of guys who hit their stride when they were in their late 30s playing music that appealed primarily to Jr high-school boys. Total cringefest.

Marilyn Manson: AKA Marilyn (will someone please be offended at me? Please?) Manson. Hey Marilyn, the world has already seen Alice Cooper. Get an original act.
I can't stand those groups, either! Fortunately, I've probably never even heard more than ten seconds of Marilyn Manson, so none of their music ever pops into my head. But unfortunately I can easily "hear" Quiet Riot's hit song in my mind (without it being played on an audio device) if I think of it, so I usually try to avoid thinking about it. Thanks a lot, Jefferson...now I've got "feel the noise" stuck in my head. 😝

I don't mind Alice Cooper, though. Actually seems like he'd be a somewhat nice, normal, down-to-earth guy, in person. Plus, allegedly at least, he's become a Christian. He got his start, I think, with some support from Frank Zappa. I used to listen to Zappa quite a bit, though unfortunately, from time to time, his lyrics were pretty crass.

7djengo7

Oh, another thing about Quiet Riot: I think that's the group that had Randy Rhoads on guitar, who also played with Ozzy Osbourne. Now, sure there's something to be said for Rhoads's guitar playing. But I've seen some people trying to equate him with Eddie Van Halen, or even try to make him out as superior to Eddie! To me, that just seems utterly ridiculous! Eddie's not my absolute favorite guitarist, but I've been around guitar for quite a while...long enough to be able to discern that Eddie was really a born natural at music, something of a genius; whereas Rhoads, by comparison, sounded to me like someone trying really hard.

Idolater

Oh, another thing about Quiet Riot: I think that's the group that had Randy Rhoads on guitar, who also played with Ozzy Osbourne. Now, sure there's something to be said for Rhoads's guitar playing. But I've seen some people trying to equate him with Eddie Van Halen, or even try to make him out as superior to Eddie! To me, that just seems utterly ridiculous! Eddie's not my absolute favorite guitarist, but I've been around guitar for quite a while...long enough to be able to discern that Eddie was really a born natural at music, something of a genius; whereas Rhoads, by comparison, sounded to me like someone trying really hard.
Huh. I guess I would just say that the video footage I've seen of them both playing guitar, Mr. Rhoads impressed me as knowing his way around that instrument more than Mr. Van Halen. That was just my impression based on what I heard plus what I saw. If I were to just base it on how it sounds, then I think I agree with you. Mr. Rhoads just owned that guitar, it was obvious when you saw him play, and I'm not saying Mr. Van Halen didn't play really well, but there is just a categorical difference between someone who you can tell, is just that instrument's boss. I compare Rhoads with Mr. Mustaine and the late Mr. Burton from Metallica (the latter on bass guitar). Mr. Mustaine owns the guitar, just like how Mr. Burton owned the bass guitar. I've never seen anybody so good, and the late Rhoads is in that same company imo. Metallica's current lead guitarist Mr. Kirk Hammett isn't bad either, he certainly can make it look easy at times, but I've never seen anybody like Rhoads and Mustaine on guitar. Mind you neither of them I don't think compare with Burton on bass guitar. He was like Hercules, a demigod when it came to bass guitar.

Idolater

Nowadays, I just don't listen to rock music anywhere near as much as I used to, years ago. I have only heard a few songs by Ghost, and know virtually nothing about them.
Well it's not a them, it's a he: Mr. Tobias Forge (perhaps pronounced for-hey, but idk, he's Swedish). He hires the other musicians and they all wear masks always so there's anonymity. Who knows what kind of deal he has them on, but he's the only owner of Ghost, so he unilaterally gets to decide who gets what, when it comes to revenue.

There are rumors sometimes about famous musicians who at times play with Mr. Forge and Ghost. I want to say Mr. David Grohl was rumored to play with him and or them once, but I could be thinking of somebody else.

Mr. Forge is the only vocalist for Ghost, so you wouldn't know the other musicians from their singing.
The first one I heard/saw the video of was Square Hammer, a few years back. The imagery kind of creeped me out and I had little clue as to what their message is, but to my taste their sound is actually pretty top-notch in terms of modern rock music.
That melody is so good it even sounds good in the old Nintendo Entertainment System 8-bit audio:

idk how many other songs survive conversion to 8-bit audio but a lot of Ghost's songs do, fwiw.
Far far far superior to the sound of (to me) perhaps the most obnoxious modern rock group I have ever heard (and forgive me if you happen to like them): Volbeat. I mean, I really, really, really can't stand Volbeat. I absolutely hate every song I've heard by them; their melodies are silly, awkward, and not catchy; and that guy's vocal antics are just horrid.
He tries to emulate the king, Elvis Presley. He loves Elvis Presley. But his register is higher than Presley's and of course almost nobody has that exact same buttery timbre than Presley had, but if you ever wanted to know what it would sound like for Elvis to sing metal, Volbeat's the best thing going, imo. Some of the tracks are catchy. Volbeat is like Danish, I think? From Denmark. I think.