Quotations of the day

FineLinen

“We must allow the Word of God to confront us, to disturb our security, to undermine our complacency and to overthrow our patterns of thought and behavior.” - John Stott-

"The Bible is red letters & black letters with white spaces between the lines. The word of the Lord is alive and active with the qualities of a sharp two edged sword and a surgeons scalpel."

FineLinen

“There have been prophets and students who handle the Bible like a child’s box of bricks; they explain to us the design and structure and purpose; but as time goes on things do not work out in their way at all. They have mistaken the scaffolding for the structure, while all the time God is working out His purpose with a great and undeterred patience.” - Oswald Chambers-

FineLinen

" It is not your hold on Christ that saves you....

It is Christ.

It is not your joy in Christ that saves you....

It is Christ.

It is not even your faith in Christ, though that be the instrument....

It is Christ's blood and merit." - Charles Spurgeon-

"Is it not wonderful news to believe that salvation lies outside ourselves?" - Martin Luther-

iu

Last edited:

FineLinen

“The nature of Christ’s salvation is woefully misrepresented by the present-day evangelist. He announces a Savior from hell rather than a Savior from sin. And that is why so many are fatally deceived, for there are multitudes who wish to escape the Lake of Fire who have no desire to be delivered from their carnality and worldliness.” - A. W. Pink -

“The center of salvation is the Cross of Jesus, and the reason it is so easy to obtain salvation is because it cost God so much.” -Oswald Chambers-

“Although my memory’s fading, I remember two things very clearly: I am a great sinner and Christ is a great Savior.” ~John Newton

6ab8385b174be83364f2175aaee90c64.jpg

FineLinen

"The truth is something that burns. It burns off dead wood. And people don't like having the dead wood burnt off, often because they're 95 percent dead wood." -Jordan Peterson-

"If ever I want to amuse myself with an idiot, I have not far to look for one. I laugh at myself." -Frederic Farrar-

FineLinen

"Democracy demands that little men should not take big ones too seriously; it dies when it is full of little men who think they are big themselves." -C.S. Lewis-

"Prostitutes are in no danger of finding their present life so satisfactory that they cannot turn to God: the proud, the avaricious, the self-righteous, are in that danger." -C.S. Lewis-

"The natural life in each of us is something self-centred, something that wants to be petted and admired, to take advantage of other lives, to exploit the whole universe." -C.S. Lewis-

FineLinen

“The recurring theme of all religions is a sympathy, empathy, connection, capacity between the human and the divine - that we were made for union with one another. They might express this through different rituals, doctrines, dogmas, or beliefs, but at the higher levels they're talking about the same goal. And the goal is always union with the divine.” - Richard Rohr-

“The people who know God well—mystics, hermits, prayerful people, those who risk everything to find God—always meet a lover, not a dictator.” - Richard Rohr-

iu

FineLinen

"No one can be saved - in virtue of what he can do. Everyone can be saved - in virtue of what God can do." - Karl Barth-

iu

FineLinen

"Religion is the possibility of the removal of every ground of confidence except confidence in God alone." -Karl Barth-

"Man can certainly flee from God... but he cannot escape Him. He can certainly hate God and be hateful to God, but he cannot change into its opposite the eternal love of God which triumphs even in his hate." -Karl Barth-

FineLinen

“The lotus is the most beautiful flower, whose petals open one by one. But it will only grow in the mud. In order to grow and gain wisdom, first you must have the mud — the obstacles of life and its suffering… ― Goldie Hawn-

“Mental pain is less dramatic than physical pain, but it is more common and also more hard to bear. The frequent attempt to conceal mental pain increases the burden: it is easier to say “My tooth is aching” than to say 'My heart is broken'” ― C.S. Lewis

“Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad.” ― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow-

FineLinen

"During an earthquake it sometimes happens that fresh springs break out in dry places which water and quicken the land so that plants can grow. In the same way the shattering experiences of suffering can cause the living water to well up in a human heart." - Sadhu Sundar Singh-

"There are many who are uncertain about the future life and the existence of God, because they cannot see beyond this shell-like body of flesh, and their thoughts, like delicate wings, cannot carry them beyond the narrow confines of the brain. Their weak eyes cannot discover those eternal and unfading treasures which God has prepared for those who love Him." - Sadhu Sundar Singh-

"One day after a long journey, I rested in front of a house. Suddenly a sparrow came towards me blown helplessly by a strong wind. From another direction, an eagle dived to catch the panicky sparrow. Threatened from different directions, the sparrow flew into my lap. By choice, it would not normally do that. However, the little bird was seeking for a refuge from a great danger. Likewise, the violent winds of suffering and trouble blow us into the Lord's protective hands." - Sadhu Sundar Singh-

6ab8385b174be83364f2175aaee90c64.jpg

FineLinen

"Let not your heart be troubled, God loves you, He will never let you go. Ever."

"I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor principalities, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord"

FineLinen

“The Steadfast Love of the Lord is not seasonal; His mercies do not have winter or summer days... They are new every now and then.” - Israelmore Ayivor-

"Your true friend is the one who will never walk away in your time of need. Regardless of the situation, time or location, your true friend will stand by you” - Ellen J. Barrier- (How to Trust God When All Other Resources Have Failed)

iu

FineLinen

“Our righteousness is in Him, and our hope depends, not upon the exercise of grace in us, but upon the fullness of grace and love in Him, and upon His obedience unto death.” -John Newton-

“Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words — And never stops at all.” -Emily Dickinson-

“The best we can hope for in this life is a knothole peek at the shining realities ahead. Yet a glimpse is enough. It’s enough to convince our hearts that whatever sufferings and sorrows currently assail us aren’t worthy of comparison to that which waits over the horizon.” -Joni Eareckson Tada-

hope-quotes-long-4.png

FineLinen

"Hell must surely be the terrible experience of being allowed to reap the full harvest of sin and its awful fruits of misery, ruin and torment. Holy Love would so thankfully spare every single soul such an experience, but if there is no other way by which men can be brought to hate and abominate sin and to turn from it willingly and for ever, then they will be permitted to reap that awful harvest. Surely all whom Holy Love permits to pass through that appalling experience will learn at last to turn from evil with utmost horror and loathing, safe for ever after from any future temptation to plunge into it again!" –Hannah Hurnard-

iu

FineLinen

"Don't ask God to make life easier, ask Him to make you stronger."

"Sometimes we pass through many ups and downs but they are there to make us stronger than we imagine. Don't hate someone because of the challenges they pose on us. Just thank them for they are making you stronger." -Patric Bensen-

"Be thankful for all the struggles you go through. They make you stronger, wiser and humble. Don't let it break you let it make you, mould and shape you." -Malika E Nura-

iu

FineLinen

"Don’t let negative and toxic people rent space in your head. Raise the rent and kick them out." -Zig Ziglar-

iu

FineLinen

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." -T. S. Eliot-

"If you do not push the boundaries, you will never know where they are." -T. S. Eliot-

"If we really want to pray we must first learn to listen, for in the silence of the heart God speaks." -T. S. Eliot-

iu

FineLinen

"There are some individuals who have a difficult time separating the Scriptures and the One who is the Wind breathing out of them..The living Wind words reaches to the deep recesses of the human heart." -David E. Johnson-