Quotations of the day

FineLinen

"I will have nothing to do with a God who cares only occasionally. I need a God who is with us always, everywhere, in the deepest depths as well as the highest heights. It is when things go wrong, when good things do not happen, when our prayers seem to have been lost, that God is most present. We do not need the sheltering wings when things go smoothly. We are closest to God in the darkness, stumbling along blindly." -Madeleine L'Engle-

FineLinen

"Who is eventually going to plug the incessant flow of the super abounding grace, mercy and love of God ? This flow like the sound of many waters is continually speaking grace, mercy, love and peace. It never dries up, it’s continually there. If you are still, you can hear it, it does no harm other than erode all your false beliefs, conceptions and assumptions about your Heavenly Father away when you hear it.

How possibly can there be a place of eternal torment, never mind one created by our Heavenly Father?

And his voice was like the sound of many waters: and the earth shined with his glory." -Paul Camps-

FineLinen

"In God you come up against something which is in every respect immeasurably superior to yourself. Unless you know God as that - and, therefore, know yourself as nothing in comparison - you do not know God at all." -C.S. Lewis-

"The real test of being in the presence of God is, that you either forget about yourself all together or see yourself as a small, dirty object. It is better to forget about yourself altogether." -C.S. Lewis

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
"In God you come up against something which is in every respect immeasurably superior to yourself. Unless you know God as that - and, therefore, know yourself as nothing in comparison - you do not know God at all." -C.S. Lewis-

"The real test of being in the presence of God is, that you either forget about yourself all together or see yourself as a small, dirty object. It is better to forget about yourself altogether." -C.S. Lewis

I'm impressed by the quality of the quotes you've presented here.

FineLinen

"We do not draw people to Christ by loudly discrediting what they believe, by telling them how wrong they are and how right we are, but by showing them a light that is so lovely that they want with all their hearts to know the source of it." -Madeleine L'Engle-

FineLinen

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." -Mark Twain-

"It is better to be an atheist who does the will of God than a so-called Christian who does not." -George MacDonald-

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." -Mark Twain-

"It is better to be an atheist who does the will of God than a so-called Christian who does not." -George MacDonald-
Twain was no more a Christian than a blade of grass is made of stone.

He didn't accept the Bible as the word of God.

FineLinen

"The change we have been striving after is not to be produced by any more striving after. It is to be wrought upon us by the molding of hands beyond our own. As the branch ascends, and the bud bursts, and the fruit reddens under the cooperation of influences from the outside air, so man rises to the higher stature under invisible pressures from without." - Henry Drummond-

“Vibrate at the highest frequency possible.” -Anonymous-

FineLinen

"It is easy to be a slave to the letter, and difficult to enter into the spirit; easy to obey a number of outward rules, difficult to enter intelligently and self-sacrificingly into the will of God." -Frederic Farrar-

FineLinen

“We are all trophies of God’s grace, some more dramatically than others; Jesus came for the sick and not the well, for the sinner and not the righteous. He came to redeem and transform, to make all things new. May you go forth more committed than ever to nourish the souls who you touch, those tender lives who have sustained the enormous assaults of the universe." -Philip Yancey-

FineLinen

“We live in a world in which we need to share responsibility. It’s easy to say, ‘It’s not my child, not my community, not my world, not my problem.’ Then there are those who see the need and respond. I consider those people my heroes.” -Fred Rogers-

“God wants our trust in Him more than our certainty in His book.” -W. Dresden-

FineLinen

“It is not the cares of today, but the cares of tomorrow, that weigh a man down. For the needs of today we have corresponding strength given. For the morrow we are told to trust. It is not ours yet. It is when tomorrow’s burden is added to the burden of today that the weight is more than a man can bear.” -George MacDonald

FineLinen

“God never hurries. There are no deadlines against which he must work. Only to know this is to quiet our spirits and relax our nerves.”

A.W. Tozer

“I want the presence of God Himself, or I don’t want anything at all to do with religion… I want all that God has or I don’t want any.”

FineLinen

“We are all trophies of God’s grace, some more dramatically than others; Jesus came for the sick and not the well, for the sinner and not the righteous. He came to redeem and transform, to make all things new. May you go forth more committed than ever to nourish the souls who you touch, those tender lives who have sustained the enormous assaults of the universe." -Philip Yancey-

“It is easy to be a slave to the letter, and difficult to enter into the spirit; easy to obey a number of outward rules, difficult to enter intelligently and self-sacrificingly into the will of God.” -Frederic Farrar-