No announcement yet.

Christian Quotation Of The Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “The wisdom of the chess player is displayed more in winning over a capable opponent than a novice. The wisdom of the general is displayed more in defeating a superior army than in subduing an inferior one. Even more so, the wisdom of God is displayed when He brings good to us and glory to Himself out of confusion and calamity rather than out of pleasant times.” - Jerry Bridges-

“The wisdom of God becomes active when a person out of the fear for the Lord throws himself completely into God.” - Sunday Adelaja-

Comment

• "To clasp the hands in prayer is the beginning of an uprising against the disorder of the world." -Karl Barth-

Comment

• "We have to be braver than we think we can be, because God is constantly calling us to be more than we are." -Madeleine L'Engle-

Comment

• “Made for spirituality, we wallow in introspection. Made for joy, we settle for pleasure. Made for justice, we clamor for vengeance. Made for relationship, we insist on our own way. Made for beauty, we are satisfied with sentiment. But new creation has already begun. The sun has begun to rise. Christians are called to leave behind, in the tomb of Jesus Christ, all that belongs to the brokenness and incompleteness of the present world … That, quite simply, is what it means to be Christian: to follow Jesus Christ into the new world, God’s new world, which he has thrown open before us.” - N.T. Wright-

Comment

• “You can throw the whole weight of your anxieties upon him, for you are his personal concern.” - J.B. Phillips-

Comment

• "No one can be saved - in virtue of what he can do. Everyone can be saved - in virtue of what God can do." - Karl Barth-

Comment

• "What I believe is so magnificent, so glorious, that it is beyond finite comprehension. To believe that the universe was created by a purposeful, benign Creator is one thing. To believe that this Creator took on human vesture, accepted death and mortality, was tempted, betrayed, broken, and all for love of us, defies reason. It is so wild that it terrifies some Christians who try to dogmatize their fear by lashing out at other Christians, because tidy Christianity with all answers given is easier than one which reaches out to the wild wonder of God's love, a love we don't even have to earn." -Madeleine L'Engle-

Comment

• "But all the while, there was one thing we most needed even from the start, and certainly will need from here on out into the New Jerusalem: the ability to take our freedom seriously and act on it, to live not in fear of mistakes but in the knowledge that no mistake can hold a candle to the love that draws us home. My repentance, accordingly, is not so much for my failings but for the two-bit attitude toward them by which I made them more sovereign than grace. Grace - the imperative to hear the music, not just listen for errors - makes all infirmities occasions of glory." -Robert Farrar Capon-

Comment

• "Jesus came to raise the dead. He did not come to teach the teachable; He did not come to improve the improvable; He did not come to reform the reformable. None of those things works. -Robert F. Capon-

Comment

• "Why, what is to live? Not to eat and drink and breathe,—but to feel the life in you down all the fibres of being, passionately and joyfully." -Elizabeth Barrett Browning

"What frightens me is that men are content with what is not life at all." -Eliz. B. Browning

Comment

• “The truth taught by Jesus Christ is the right way to live. It is not primarily a religion, not even the best religion, but God Himself explaining in terms that men can readily grasp how life is meant to be lived.” - J.B. Phillips-

Comment

• “Those in whom the Spirit comes to live are God's new Temple. They are, individually and corporately, places where heaven and earth meet.” - N.T. Wright-

Comment

• "Jesus does not give recipes that show the way to God as other teachers of religion do. He is himself the way." - Karl Barth-

Comment

• “For three things I thank God every day of my life: thanks that he has vouchsafed me knowledge of his works; deep thanks that he has set in my darkness the lamp of faith; deep, deepest thanks that I have another life to look forward to--a life joyous with light and flowers and heavenly song.” - Helen Keller-

Comment

• “My deepest awareness of myself is that I am deeply loved by Jesus Christ and I have done nothing to earn it or deserve it.” - Brennan Manning-

“In a futile attempt to erase our past, we deprive the community of our healing gift. If we conceal our wounds out of fear and shame, our inner darkness can neither be illuminated nor become a light for others.” -Brennan Manning- ( Abba's Child: The Cry of the Heart for Intimate Belonging)

“Define yourself radically as one beloved by God. This is the true self. Every other identity is illusion.” - Brennan Manning-

Comment

Working...
                                X