What did you get at the grocery store?
      a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

Comment

• Originally posted by ok doser View Post

everybody's a jerk at one time or another
        Just the men.

Comment

• My thread has been seriously derailed. How do I report this?

Comment

• Originally posted by chrysostom View Post

What did you get at the grocery store?
            haven't gone yet - in the middle of switching a lock tumbler on my shop door - been searching all over for an inch and a quarter spade bit, gonna hafta settle on a 1" or a 1.5" - came up to google lock installation

back to it

Comment

Just the men.
              even the sweetest kindest women i've known can be jerks occasionally

i think it's the default setting for humans

God thinks so too

Gen 6:5

thank God for our Savior, eh?

Comment

haven't gone yet - in the middle of switching a lock tumbler on my shop door - been searching all over for an inch and a quarter spade bit, gonna hafta settle on a 1" or a 1.5" - came up to google lock installation

back to it
                Good luck with that.

Comment

even the sweetest kindest women i've known can be jerks occasionally
                  Must have been a transgender.

Comment

We should work on being objective and not so much subjective.
                    Part of that's the difference between men and women, though. We think differently, and we perceive differently. It's good for each of us to go with our instincts for what each idea requires. Are you talking about something in a scientific way or a philosophical way? Are you talking about behavior, or personality? A BIG IDEA or the minutiae of daily life? What's big can be made little and what's little can be made big. I've learned a lot from watching the interactions here. A real education in human nature.

Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

Comment

Just the men.
                      Oh, women can be jerks too. I've encountered a few.

But I did try to remember that they were a real person with real joys and real sorrows. Depending on the person though, that exercise usually ended in failure. I can only do so much with myself. I know what I'm capable of and how many times I've had to hold myself back and sometimes I didn't. We're all human.

Comment

My thread has been seriously derailed. How do I report this?
                        The way this place works now, I'm not sure the report button even works.

Comment

• I miss how you used to talk about what you had for lunch. It showed the human everyday side of you, it was relatable, and endearing.

Comment

• Originally posted by annabenedetti View Post

Part of that's the difference between men and women, though. We think differently, and we perceive differently. It's good for each of us to go with our instincts for what each idea requires. Are you talking about something in a scientific way or a philosophical way? Are you talking about behavior, or personality? A BIG IDEA or the minutiae of daily life? What's big can be made little and what's little can be made big. I've learned a lot from watching the interactions here. A real education in human nature.
                            I am talking big, absolute, objective, like the killing of babies.

Comment

• Originally posted by annabenedetti View Post
                              I miss how you used to talk about what you had for lunch. It showed the human everyday side of you, it was relatable, and endearing.

I also miss all that but there are those who encouraged me to look elsewhere and for that I am grateful. The blog has been a real challenge but I have reached 50 countries. People who are connected and searching for answers. Kenya is one of my latest. Why would anyone in Kenya pay attention to me? Somehow they found me thanks to WordPress. Think about it.

Comment

I am talking big, absolute, objective, like the killing of babies.
                                You can talk about that of course - but you don't have to exclude talking about anything else. It doesn't make that particular big subject any less important, chrys. If you believe in a hell, you're going to believe people get there for a lot of different reasons, not just that one.

Comment

Working...
                                X