they are skyping again
          the return of anita hill
          a lie detector test?
          can you trust the fbi?
          a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

Comment

• Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
            dianne feinstein is trying to smear Kavanaugh
            It isn't a smear if it's true and neither of us know if the allegations are true, false, or a distortion that lies somewhere in between.

a last ditch effort
            to protect your right to kill your baby
            So you think Kavanaugh was actually put in play to undo Roe? Interesting. I don't. In fact, I strongly suspect it will take a legislative effort and amendment to manage that, which means changing many more American minds on the topic, democrat and republican alike.

dems are scumbags
            Even the pro-life dems?

Now if Kavanaugh did as the woman who has made the claim alleges, a woman willing to attach her name and reputation to the charge, and who stands ready to bear witness on the point before a panel of congressmen, many of whom would without question do anything they could to destroy her testimony and credibility, it's problematic for the nomination. Judges recuse themselves for the appearance of impropriety. This is a potential death knell for Kavanaugh. He needs to meet the charge head on and she has to be heard.
            You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Comment

• This is about abortion

In 1991 Anita Hill came forward with sexual accusations to keep Clarence Thomas off the Supreme Court

In 2018 Christine Ford is coming forward with sexual accusations to keep Brett Kavanaugh off the Supreme Court

These accusations made to keep good men off the court cannot be proven and will most likely not keep Kavanaugh off the court
              -but-
              they will tarnish forever everyone involved in this process
              -and-
              it shows to what extent democrats will go to protect baby killers

Comment

These accusations made to keep good men off the court
                I'm speaking to Kavanaugh. A nominee you may recall me note as an able jurist and someone who should be on the Court, our differences notwithstanding. I'm not out to get him, but you can't do what you just did and simply assume he's a good man wronged.

It needs to be examined. Let both of them speak to it and men charged with a solemn duty actually do theirs.

Pro-Life

Comment

• town is protecting the democrats who are protecting the baby killers

Comment

• morning sickness
                    they are skyping again
                    it's a no win situation for republican men
                    it's the seriousness of the charges
                    that can't be proven
                    you don't have to prove them
                    you just have to make them
                    -and-
                    get a former fbi agent to do the polygraph test
                    who wouldn't trust a former fbi agent

Comment

town is protecting the democrats who are protecting the baby killers
                      What chrys is doing here is what invariably happens when reason meets a position that cannot be answered reasonably. Kill the messenger.

The problem is he's picked an issue where I have an established position that doesn't begin to support the effort. It's one I've held as both an atheist and as a member of the Body, opposing abortion for the entirety of my life. I think it is our slavery, our moral fault and failing, and the strongest stain on our national character in existence.

So here's what's actually happening. Serious allegations have been made about the nominee to the Court. As able a jurist as I believe Kavanaugh's record demonstrates him to be, he should not be confirmed without an examination of those charges, charges involving moral turpitude, proffered by a woman who has publicly set them and put her own character and reputation in jeopardy for the effort. It is the duty of the confirming body to do their due diligence on the point. It is their responsibility to both the people they serve and the institutions they protect.

I don't know if she's telling the truth. I don't know if she's lying. I don't know if it's some distortion in between the two. And if you're reading this neither do you. But I do know the effort must be made.This is about the Court and who is permitted to serve it. This is about the duty of those entrusted to protect vital institutions of government. Anything less than a sober deliberation will only work to further undermine those institutions and the faith of the public in them.

Pro-Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
                        opposing abortion for the entirety of my life.
                        you voted for a man who supported partial birth abortion

Comment

you voted for a man who supported partial birth abortion
                          Any vote for either candidate was a vote for someone who supported abortion. Fortunately for us that issue wasn't being decided by either candidate. It was decided by the Court that gave us Roe.

The issue before us isn't abortion either, or politics. I'm sure there are people who would like for it to be about either or both, but it's not. It's about serious charges that have to be examined by the body given the task of sober deliberation.

Pro-Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
                            Any vote for either candidate was a vote for someone who supported abortion.
                            the man you voted for put two young liberal women on the supreme court who will support abortion til the day they die

Comment

the man you voted for put two young liberal women on the supreme court who will support abortion til the day they die
                              I suspect you're right. But they don't really need to, given Roe has already set the precedent.

Now Kavanaugh has had charges set against him by a woman staking her credibility and good name against his. Given the importance of his position as a lifetime appointee to the highest court in the land, those charged with the responsibility of deliberating the merits of his appointment should do so and publicly, so as to support the integrity of the institutions they are sworn to uphold.

Pro-Life

Comment

• morning sickness
                                they are skyping again

making fun of Trump and sports before getting to ford refusing to testify

if ford won't testify
                                they should ask Jerry Hanafin
                                the former fbi agent
                                who did the polygraph test

Comment

Working...
                                X