"I Haven't Done A Single Thing Wrong"

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
When I was in third grade, I forgot to lock my bike at school and it was stolen

I Didn't Do A Single Thing Wrong!

ok doser

went to the beach once and changed into my bathing suit in the parking lot - left my wallet on the trunk lid and it was stolen

I Didn't Do A Single Thing Wrong!

ok doser

My son was plugged into his smartphone walking home from the bus stop in the city and was mugged and had it stolen

He Didn't Do A Single Thing Wrong!

ok doser

from: http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4518075&postcount=124

Mary, a college sophomore, decides to smoke some dope in her dorm room
Spoiler
HOT-GIRLS-SMOKING-BONGS-10.jpg

Mary then goes out alone to a club, starts drinking and meets up with some nice fellows who offer her some drugs
Spoiler
girl-takes-ecstasy-pill-i-007.jpg

Mary drinks a lot!
Spoiler
alcohol-drunk-girl-glasses-make-up-party-favim_com-77248_large.jpg

Mary dances in her underwear!
Spoiler
drunk-girls-dancing-wild-party-lap-dance-hotties-young-lovers.jpg

Mary doesn't remember a lot of the night.

Spoiler
ovfMbEb0.jpeg

Mary wakes up the next morning.

Spoiler
cure_hangover_alcohol.jpg

Mary realizes that her purse and all her money are missing and that she's been raped.

Mary Didn't Do Anything Wrong!

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorydaz
"All I did was set my wallet down... and walk away for a minute."
"I'm not guilty of anything."
"I haven't done a single thing wrong."

There certainly are some that "don't see their own folly"....I can't argue with that one.

I see once again that you are taking total responsibility away from the criminal and implying that the act of setting one's wallet down is somehow immoral.

How about this one res? :

"I should have known better than to put my purse on the table by the window in my house. Someone saw it and broke the window and stole it. I deserved to have my purse stolen".

ok doser

I see once again that you are taking total responsibility away from the criminal

nope - the criminal is fully responsible for his actions

and implying that the act of setting one's wallet down is somehow immoral.

nope

dint say "immoral"

"I should have known better than to put my purse on the table by the window in my house. Someone saw it and broke the window and stole it. I deserved to have my purse stolen".

if you are aware that leaving your purse visible inside your house increases the risk of having it stolen, then yes

it doesn't increase the risk where i live now - in a rural area

it would increase the risk if if lived in a ground floor apartment in the city with a lot of pedestrian traffic right outside my window - it would be careless behavior that i knew to be risky

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
I see once again that you are taking total responsibility away from the criminal and implying that the act of setting one's wallet down is somehow immoral.

nope

dint say "immoral"

Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior

if you are aware that leaving your purse visible inside your house increases the risk of having it stolen, then yes

it doesn't increase the risk where i live now - in a rural area

So the criminal takes total responsibility in the theft but only if it's in an area where the victim wouldn't expect something like that to happen?

It would increase the risk if if lived in a ground floor apartment in the city with a lot of pedestrian traffic right outside my window - it would be careless behavior that i knew to be risky

As I've said many times before: There's a huge difference between "deserving" to be a victim of a crime for lack of awareness and not being surprised when it happens.

Which side are you on?

glorydaz

I'm not sure why so many people refuse to accept responsibility for their own actions. If there is another person around anywhere near that can be blamed, the finger pops right out of it's own accord and off you go.

Mom, you didn't remind me to take my lunch, it's your fault I went hungry.

It's your fault, God, you gave this woman to me and she made me eat it.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm not sure why so many people refuse to accept responsibility for their own actions. If there is another person around anywhere near that can be blamed, the finger pops right out of it's own accord and off you go.

Horrible analogy. Comparing a little girl forgetting to take her lunch to school with someone who has been a victim of a purse theft or even worse, raped.

theophilus

Because we're sinners.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
no, the criminal always takes total responsibility for the theft

Then why lead people to believe that the victim is partially responsible?

Again: Don't be surprised if you use poor judgment and you're the victim of a criminal, but don't ever believe that you "deserved it".