"I Haven't Done A Single Thing Wrong"

glorydaz

Actually you could have left out the unprotected/multiple partners part, as HIV/AIDS is frequent amongst those that are allegedly monogamous and supposedly us objects that allow them to have "safe sex".

Diseases run rampant amongst those that live an immoral lifestyle (recreational drugs, alcoholism, homosexuality, etc.), do they deserve it?

You will reap what you sow...

The law of reaping what you sow is not invalidated by the fact that some suffer because of other people's sin....having done nothing to deserve it themselves. We see that with children being molested and with most crimes where the victim has done nothing wrong.

No one has ever denied that truly innocent people suffer. It's the suffering we bring on ourselves because of our own behavior that so many insist on denying. That is what all these threads have been about. The absolute refusal to admit our own fault when we have some.

glorydaz

Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

I'm seeing some "circumstantial morality" going on here, i.e (according to res and glorydaz) depending on the circumstances, the victim is to blame as well.

The last time I checked, lack of awareness isn't a crime, hence that person does not "deserve" to be a victim (the mother that was putting her infant in a baby stroller while making sure her toddler didn't run out into traffic and absent mindedly leaves her wallet on the trunk of her car).

Who is responsible for her own kids and her own wallet?

"Not my fault some guy came and stole my kid because I left him in the car while I ran into the store."

"Not my fault some guy came along and stole my wallet because I left it laying on the trunk of my car."

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Looking back on all of the times that I've brought it to a sales clerks attention that they gave me too much change back from the cash register, or brought it to someone's attention that they dropped some money on the ground, they've always thanked me for my honesty and never have said "Well, I deserved to have that money taken from me."

Granted, due to my honesty in a society that isn't known for such, they've looked at me like "What planet are you from?", to which my look replies "The planet of Christendom" (do unto others...).

They would have said it had you not given it back. The clerk's boss sure wouldn't fall for the claim of, "It wasn't my fault I gave the guy too much money back."

What you didn't hear was, "I deserved to get that money back."

It was a clerical error, therefore the recipient of said funds not only had a moral obligation to return the money, but a legal obligation as well.

Case in point: Your friendly UPS/FDX driver due to a clerical error delivers a nice television to your door. Even though you didn't order it you keep it, denying the moral and legal obligation to return it to UPS/FDX so that it's rightful owner receives it.

Misappropriation of Lost or Misdelivered Property

http://www.shouselaw.com/appropriation-lost-property.html

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
you didn't answer

do they deserve aids?

yes or no?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/deserve

If I don't repent and accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, I "merit, be qualified for, or have a claim to (reward, assistance, punishment, etc.) because of actions, qualities, or situation" eternal damnation.

But again, you comparing two different scenarios. We were talking about a victim of a crime who did nothing inherently immoral, not someone that is involved in an inherently immoral behavior.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

If I don't repent and accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, I "merit, be qualified for, or have a claim to (reward, assistance, punishment, etc.) because of actions, qualities, or situation."

But again, you comparing two different scenarios. We were talking about a victim of a crime who did nothing inherently immoral not someone that is involved in an inherently immoral behavior.

it's a simple question

yes or no: does the homo who engages in unprotected homo sex with multiple partners, disregarding known risk, deserve to get aids?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
So far we have Town, Rusha, and Bybee claiming they have not done a single thing wrong. ACW is still on the fence. :chuckle:

There is no fence sitting on my part. You're making excuses for criminal behavior, I'm saying that no matter what the victim might have done, he or she didn't "deserve it".

Liberals....

glorydaz

Quote:
Looking back on all of the times that I've brought it to a sales clerks attention that they gave me too much change back from the cash register, or brought it to someone's attention that they dropped some money on the ground, they've always thanked me for my honesty and never have said "Well, I deserved to have that money taken from me."

Granted, due to my honesty in a society that isn't known for such, they've looked at me like "What planet are you from?", to which my look replies "The planet of Christendom" (do unto others...).

It was a clerical error, therefore the recipient of said funds not only had a moral obligation to return the money, but a legal obligation as well.

Case in point: Your friendly UPS/FDX driver due to a clerical error delivers a nice television to your door. Even though you didn't order it you keep it, denying the moral and legal obligation to return it to UPS/FDX so that it's rightful owner receives it.

Misappropriation of Lost or Misdelivered Property

http://www.shouselaw.com/appropriation-lost-property.html

Is it legal to lie to a friend? Of course it is. Is it right? No.
Is it legal to leave your wallet laying on a table in a restaurant? Of course it is. Is it the right thing to do if you want to keep it? I say NO.

Personal responsibility goes far beyond the law. It's a matter of common sense. Using the law here is a "cop out". :chuckle:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
it's a simple question

yes or no: does the homo who engages in unprotected homo sex with multiple partners, disregarding known risk, deserve to get aids?

I showed the definition of the word "deserve". If you reap what you sow, doesn't that mean that you "deserve" what you receive because of your immoral lifestyle?

ok doser

... I'm saying that no matter what the victim might have done, he or she didn't "deserve it".

a pedophile molests boys for years scarring them, ruining their lives

he's finally caught and sent to prison

where he encounters some of his former victims, now grown men incarcerated, who proceed to make his life a living hell, raping him daily

does the pedophile deserve the rapings he's getting?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Is it legal to lie to a friend? Of course it is. Is it right? No.

It depends whether or not you're under sworn testimony to tell the truth.

Is it legal to leave your wallet laying on a table in a restaurant? Of course it is. Is it the right thing to do if you want to keep it? I say NO.

Personal responsibility goes far beyond the law. It's a matter of common sense. Using the law here is a "cop out". :chuckle:

Again, you're making excuses for criminal activity: "I hid my wallet underneath the bed in the hotel room, instead of using the room safe. I deserved to have it stolen."

Liberals...

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
i know what my answer is

i wanted to know what yours is

So if the homosexual isn't deserving of the disease that goes hand in hand with the behavior, you're implying that they are somehow a victim?

Explain your attempt at reasoning here res.

ok doser

again, it was a simple question that you appear to be unable to answer

my answer is "yes, of course"

play stupid games, win stupid prizes

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
a pedophile molests boys for years scarring them, ruining their lives

he's finally caught and sent to prison

where he encounters some of his former victims, now grown men incarcerated, who proceed to make his life a living hell, raping him daily

does the pedophile deserve the rapings he's getting?

No, he was sent into a penal institution for his crimes and does not deserve punishment by murderers, rapists and other moral misfits because of his previous actions.

The death penalty yes, prison justice, no.

glorydaz

There is no fence sitting on my part. You're making excuses for criminal behavior, I'm saying that no matter what the victim might have done, he or she didn't "deserve it".

Liberals....

You're making excuses for stupid behavior and even immoral behavior. I'm not the one absolving anyone of their own responsibility for their own bad behavior. You are.

And you're wrong. There are "innocent" victims with no fault of their own and there are "victims" with a great deal of fault who certainly do deserve to reap the consequences of their actions.

A person who contracts AIDS from a blood transfusion does not deserve to get AIDS.

A person who engages in homosexual sex or uses dirty needles in their drug habit DO deserve to get AIDS or anything else that comes with that bad or stupid behavior. They aren't "innocent" victims.

Guilt does not have to be shared. There is enough guilt to go around. Just because I get robbed doesn't mean I'm without fault in the matter. The robber can be sent to jail for what he did, and I can suffer loss for what I did. Just deserts for both.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

To be clear, your position has been the same as most of ours. A criminal is SOLELY responsible for the crime he/she commits. The only reason to blame the victim is to take accountability away from the criminal.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
again, it was a simple question that you appear to be unable to answer

Why do you have to put the unprotected sex with multiple partners in there res? Do you have homosexual friends that are supposedly monogamous and supposedly use safe sex?

Again: When it comes to immoral behavior, I agree with Holy Scripture stating that you will reap what you sow.

Evidently God thinks that morally confused people who partake in a deadly lifestyle are "deserving" of punishment here on earth (HIV/AIDS), who am I to question Him?

Our goal as Christians to is help those people find a better way through Jesus Christ.