"I Haven't Done A Single Thing Wrong"

glorydaz

Horrible analogy. Comparing a little girl forgetting to take her lunch to school with someone who has been a victim of a purse theft or even worse, raped.

It was a little boy. Girls would never do such a thing.

We're talking about personal responsibility.

Is the victim a person?
Does being a victim take away all personal responsibility?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think I have it figured out, Doser. :think:

Only criminals have personhood, so only criminals have any personal responsibility. Stupid people aren't persons so they have no personal responsibility. :chuckle:

The prosecution rests it's case: glorydaz once again is taking total responsibility away from the criminal and implying that the victim played a role in the crime hence "deserving it".

Liberals...

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
The prosecution rests it's case: glorydaz once again is taking total responsibility away from the criminal

nope

the criminal bears total responsibility for his actions

and implying that the victim played a role in the crime hence "deserving it".

Liberals...

you're seeing implications where there aren't any

can't help you out with that :idunno:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
nope

the criminal bears total responsibility for his actions

you're seeing implications where there aren't any

can't help you out with that :idunno:

I'm seeing some "circumstantial morality" going on here, i.e. depending on the circumstances, the victim is to blame as well.

glorydaz

Then why lead people to believe that the victim is partially responsible?

Again: Don't be surprised if you use poor judgment and you're the victim of a criminal, but don't ever believe that you "deserved it".

My goodness. :shocked:

So the kid that forgot to take his lunch to school, doesn't deserve to spend the day being hungry? I say he does, and it's the absolute best way for that boy to learn a lesson.

A guy who leaves his wallet sitting on the table unattended doesn't deserve to lose it? I say he does, and it's the absolute best way for that guy to learn a lesson.

Life is not a bowl of pitted cherries....there are pits, and being too dumb to know that isn't an excuse.

ok doser

...depending on the circumstances, the victim is to blame as well.

right

but you are misunderstanding what they are to blame for

if i leave my wallet on my trunk lid at the beach and it gets stolen, the thief bears the full responsibility for the theft - if he's seen taking it, the cop's gonna chase him

and when the cop tracks me down, having seen me leave it on the trunk lid, when he gives me back my wallet, I'm sure that what he's gonna say is:

Spoiler
You Haven't Done A Single Thing Wrong!

ok doser

So the kid that forgot to take his lunch to school, doesn't deserve to spend the day being hungry? I say he does, and it's the absolute best way for that boy to learn a lesson.

A guy who leaves his wallet sitting on the table unattended doesn't deserve to lose it? I say he does, and it's the absolute best way for that guy to learn a lesson.

i've said this before, but....

nobody would be contesting this if we weren't discussing rape

glorydaz

The prosecution rests it's case: glorydaz once again is taking total responsibility away from the criminal and implying that the victim played a role in the crime hence "deserving it".

Liberals...

Funny how you're the one siding with the liberals on this one ACW. I never thought I'd live to see the day. ;)

It's the liberals who refuse to accept any responsibility for their own behavior. They blame the rich for their own lack. You're blaming the bad guy for your own lack. Life just isn't fair, is it? You should be able to do whatever you want and get away with it...as long as you can somehow work it that you did nothing wrong. Leaving your bike unattended, waving a wad of cash around while walking down the street, dressing and acting like a slut, engaging in gay sex, etc. You deserve to have NOTHING bad happen to you as a result of your own behavior.

You're saying you're entitled to freedom from responsibility for any crime that is ever committed against you....because there is someone else there you can put all the blame on. :think:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

I'm seeing some "circumstantial morality" going on here, i.e (according to res and glorydaz) depending on the circumstances, the victim is to blame as well.

right

but you are misunderstanding what they are to blame for

if i leave my wallet on my trunk lid at the beach and it gets stolen, the thief bears the full responsibility for the theft - if he's seen taking it, the cop's gonna chase him

and when the cop tracks me down, having seen me leave it on the trunk lid, when he gives me back my wallet, I'm sure that what he's gonna say is:

Spoiler

The last time I checked, lack of awareness isn't a crime, hence that person does not "deserve" to be a victim (the mother that was putting her infant in a baby stroller while making sure her toddler didn't run out into traffic and absent mindedly leaves her wallet on the trunk of her car).

ok doser

and is the cop, having seen you leave your wallet on the trunk lid and walk away, and having had to chase down the thief and process him, going to say to you:

ok doser

aCW - does the homo who engages in unprotected homo sex with multiple partners, disregarding known risk, deserve to get aids?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Looking back on all of the times that I've brought it to a sales clerks attention that they gave me too much change back from the cash register, or brought it to someone's attention that they dropped some money on the ground, they've always thanked me for my honesty and never have said "Well, I deserved to have that money taken from me."

Granted, due to my honesty in a society that isn't known for such, they've looked at me like "What planet are you from?", to which my look replies "The planet of Christendom" (do unto others...).

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
aCW - does the homo who engages in unprotected homo sex with multiple partners, disregarding known risk, deserve to get aids?

Actually you could have left out the unprotected/multiple partners part, as HIV/AIDS is frequent amongst those that are allegedly monogamous and supposedly us objects that allow them to have "safe sex".

Diseases run rampant amongst those that live an immoral lifestyle (recreational drugs, alcoholism, homosexuality, etc.), do they deserve it?

You will reap what you sow...

glorydaz

Looking back on all of the times that I've brought it to a sales clerks attention that they gave me too much change back from the cash register, or brought it to someone's attention that they dropped some money on the ground, they've always thanked me for my honesty and never have said "Well, I deserved to have that money taken from me."

Granted, due to my honesty in a society that isn't known for such, they've looked at me like "What planet are you from?", to which my look replies "The planet of Christendom" (do unto others...).

They would have said it had you not given it back. The clerk's boss sure wouldn't fall for the claim of, "It wasn't my fault I gave the guy too much money back."

What you didn't hear was, "I deserved to get that money back."

Which is the point here, of course. We live in a world of sin, and we aren't supposed to walk through it thinking we are entitled to be treated as we would treat others. Liberals would have us believe we shouldn't have to accept any responsibility for those bad things that come upon us. They would have us believe that we live in some kind of La La Land where there should not be any consequences for our own ignorance or immoral behavior. That's La La Land.

ok doser

Actually you could have left out the unprotected/multiple partners part,

no, that's being disseminated as advice for avoiding stds, as early as 8th grade in my old district

as HIV/AIDS is frequent amongst those that are allegedly monogamous and supposedly us objects that allow them to have "safe sex".

Diseases run rampant amongst those that live an immoral lifestyle (recreational drugs, alcoholism, homosexuality, etc.), do they deserve it? You will reap what you sow...

you didn't answer

do they deserve aids?

yes or no?