Getting to know you

JosephR

Just a thread for nosy people on TOL. (No theology or politics to see here...move along.)

1. What was the last movie you saw? Was it good?
maze runner,,, was ok
2. What was the last thing you bought at the store?
silver...
3. What is your favorite Christmas song?
twisted sister come all ye faithful
4. Do you have a holiday family tradition?
no longer,,, tradition is idolitry
5. What is your favorite vegetable?
pepper
6. What was the last sale item you bought?
10 oz silver bar
7. Why did the chicken cross the road? ( "To get to the other side" replies not accepted.)
the chicken is a zen master,we could learn alot from him
8. What is your favorite television show of all time?
night court
9. If you could bring any former style back in to fashion, what would it be?
80's metal :)
10. Who is your hero and why? (Somebody besides Jesus.)Titus Flavious for enslaving the world

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
1. What was the last movie you saw? Was it good? A Christmas Carol in 3D. Uh yeah! (Duh!)

2. What was the last thing you bought at the store? Potatoes.

3. What is your favorite Christmas song? Today it's "We need a little Christmas." It'll probably change tomorrow.

4. Do you have a holiday family tradition? Food, Dirty Santa, and we watch "A Christmas Story."

5. What is your favorite vegetable? Yes.

6. What was the last sale item you bought? A pair of gloves.

7. Why did the chicken cross the road? ( "To get to the other side" replies not accepted.) He was in a park so he wanted to get to the other slide.

8. What is your favorite television show of all time? Sherlock.

9. If you could bring any former style back in to fashion, what would it be? Anything but the '70s.

10. Who is your hero and why? (Somebody besides Jesus.) Polycarp.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Just a thread for nosy people on TOL. (No theology or politics to see here...move along.)

1. What was the last movie you saw? Was it good?
The last of the Mockingjay movies. It was entertaining. I wanted to see the recent Bond movie but it wasn't playing by the time I could work out the scheduling. Such is life.

2. What was the last thing you bought at the store?
Powerade.

3. What is your favorite Christmas song?
Good King Whatshisface, but only the Bing Crosby version. Angels We Have Heard on High is another good ong.

4. Do you have a holiday family tradition?
A number of them, from eve gatherings to a series of movies we watch during the Advent run.

5. What is your favorite vegetable?
:think: Speckled butter beans...though in the South cornbread is sometimes considered integral to any serving.

6. What was the last sale item you bought?
I gave up boating...what?

7. Why did the chicken cross the road? ( "To get to the other side" replies not accepted.)
To run for Congress?

8. What is your favorite television show of all time?
It's a toss up between West Wing's first three seasons and any episode of Barnaby Jones where he had to run. :plain:

9. If you could bring any former style back in to fashion, what would it be?
Jheri curl. Then I'd open a sofa cleaning business and never look back

10. Who is your hero and why? (Somebody besides Jesus.)
:think: Gerald Ford. Because as far as I know he was a rarity among politicians, with humility and decency among his defining traits. We could use more of that in government.