Freedom of Expression?

bybee

If we continually proscribe freedom of speech under the guise of "political correctness" we run the risk of having no freedom of speech at all.
We cannot undo history, nor should we.
We can and must learn from history.
The bland inanity and conformity which is being demanded of Americans in order to not offend anyone reduces us to the proverbial "Mugwumps" sitting on a fence with their mugs facing one way and their wumps facing the other doing nothing but sitting on the fence.
America was founded by people willing to take a chance.

We have become, instead, a nation of hot house flowers needing constant attention and constant approval!

Quite nauseating.

brinny

Freedom of Expression?

If we continually proscribe freedom of speech under the guise of "political correctness" we run the risk of having no freedom of speech at all.
We cannot undo history, nor should we.
We can and must learn from history.
The bland inanity and conformity which is being demanded of Americans in order to not offend anyone reduces us to the proverbial "Mugwumps" sitting on a fence with their mugs facing one way and their wumps facing the other doing nothing but sitting on the fence.
America was founded by people willing to take a chance.

We have become, instead, a nation of hot house flowers needing constant attention and constant approval!

Quite nauseating.

I so agree...reminds me of this quote:

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" ~George Santayana

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
It is possibly a symptom of the lack of learning history in our schools, etc. (how tragic is that?)

I hated history in school
but
now I love it

I often wondered if they could teach the history of whatever area is in the news at the time
today it would be iraq or iran
it would include the history of religion in the area
historians know
you can't ignore religion

brinny

I hated history in school
but
now I love it

I often wondered if they could teach the history of whatever area is in the news at the time
today it would be iraq or iran
it would include the history of religion in the area
historians know
you can't ignore religion

i used to hate history too...i found it soooooo boring....

but i love it now, and i realize how crucial it is to learn it.....

we are bereft without it...

reminds me of this:

"My people are destroyed (perish) for lack of knowledge:" ~Hosea 4:6

Truster

Freedom of speech is only allowed as far as the people allowing it decide. When that decision is based of stinking self righteousness then beware.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Freedom of speech means you have a right to defend or offend.
Liberals don't want you to have that right.
They want a cookie-cutter society that they have esteemed to be proper.

And the sheeple say 'baaaaa' and follow blindly.