Ice cream, n' popsicles, n' flip flops, OH MY!!!!

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
^ i hope all goes well and that the ice cream is not only a treat, but a blessing as well....

The restaurant in town closed an hour and a half early. So, I had to drive ten more miles to McDonald's for an ice cream cone. It felt good though. I think, tomorrow, I'm going to drive to the Dairy Bar (about ten miles east of my house) and get a slush. Those are good year round.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Nearest Sonic is about thirty miles from me. DQ is about ten. And, there's a Steak 'N' Shake in the same town. They also have 1/2 price drinks and shakes from 2 to 4 (AM and PM). I just don't go there often because Steak N Shake doesn't have slushes.

Do you have a murphy gas station (they are near wal marts) they have slushes for only 99 cents for a 32 ounce.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If I wanted to drive all the way to Greensburg (about 25 miles one way), I can get a 32 oz slurpee at Speedway for $ .90 (after tax). I have a Speedway card so I get a free slurpee for every seven I buy. Plus, I build up points for gas savings. The nearest place for me to get a slush is about ten miles away.

brinny

Happy Suimmer!!!!
4chsmu1.gif

BassettInFrontOfFanAnimatedGraphic.gif

rougueone

This time of year, I survive mostly on popsicles and slushes. It gets too hot for my stomach to be able to handle milk products, including cheese and ice cream.

This time of year I survive on AIR CONDITIONING. Ala Carte.
We are enjoying a really nice summer. 80 in the day, 45-50 in the evening. In a few day's the weather monster is coming to town, bring 100 *. But in the evening we have to suffer with 60*. :)

How are you Ebenz?

rougueone

As much as I love yogurt, I have to give it up from about the end of May to the end of September or beginning of October. Can't handle milk, butter, cheese, ice cream, yogurt, cream cheese (cheesecake), or sour cream.

Lactose issue ?
Ebenz, I have half a gut, about 75 % of intestine left, no gall bladder, emphysema, and I can still eat Cheddar cheese---Tillamook brand only, sour creme-Tillamook---butter any kind, a little---and yogurt--a little. But no more ice cream. :doh:

And a recent diagnosis of cranky-itis. And "under inflated humbleness." These two conditions are only treatable by the " great physician."

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
outta' popsicles
If you buy canned fruit, be sure and pour the juice into popsicle containers and freeze them.

Or, do as I do at times and put the whole contents of the can into a blender (add a little water to accommodate the extra pulp), and freeze them as popsicles.
Peaches is my favorite!

Kool-Aid makes good popsicles if you reduce the amount of water specified.
But nothing beats real fruit!

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
If you buy canned fruit, be sure and pour the juice into popsicle containers and freeze them.

Or, do as I do at times and put the whole contents of the can into a blender (add a little water to accommodate the extra pulp), and freeze them as popsicles.
Peaches is my favorite!

Kool-Aid makes good popsicles if you reduce the amount of water specified.
But nothing beats real fruit!

Ive made koolaid and Hawaiian punch popsicles before :)