2/3 Cancer Caused by "Random Chance?" Really?

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Given that at this moment in time we have really no idea what causes most cancers, who is to say if this is sound or junk. We know what that extended exposure to the sun causes melanoma. In some people not all. We don't know why some get it and some don't. We do know exposure to radiation can cause cancer and cure it. We have no idea how breast cancer starts. Or colon cancer but it seems if males live ling enough, they will get colon cancer.

1PeaceMaker

Given that at this moment in time we have really no idea what causes most cancers, who is to say if this is sound or junk. We know what that extended exposure to the sun causes melanoma. In some people not all. We don't know why some get it and some don't. We do know exposure to radiation can cause cancer and cure it. We have no idea how breast cancer starts. Or colon cancer but it seems if males live ling enough, they will get colon cancer.

It's not a theologically sound idea. Proverbs 26:2

Everyone has cancer already. For a reason. And so for a reason not everyone gets a diagnosis of cancer followed by a health crisis.

It's the immune system's job to kill cancer. The immune system fails when the health fails. If the health is not restored it becomes a matter of time to diagnosis.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
It's not a theologically sound idea. Proverbs 26:2

Everyone has cancer already. For a reason. And so for a reason not everyone gets a diagnosis of cancer followed by a health crisis.

It's the immune system's job to kill cancer. The immune system fails when the health fails. If the health is not restored it becomes a matter of time to diagnosis.
Most cancers are not recognized by the immune system as cancer. Cancer cells still carry all the markers for normal cells. Look up Hercepton for breast cancer treatment. It is revolutionary in that it tags HER-2 positive so that the immune system will attack them. Not without some real risks, but it's what finally cured my wife.

1PeaceMaker

Most cancers are not recognized by the immune system as cancer.

Citation, please.

Cancer cells still carry all the markers for normal cells.
Again, citation, please.
Look up Hercepton for breast cancer treatment. It is revolutionary in that it tags HER-2 positive so that the immune system will attack them. Not without some real risks, but it's what finally cured my wife.

I give God the glory for the recovery, personally. It's His will she's here. Plus, the body is astonishingly complex. An undiagnosed viral infection could have played a role in her healing, as well, don't you think?

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Citation, please.

Again, citation, please.

I give God the glory for the recovery, personally. It's His will she's here. Plus, the body is astonishingly complex. An undiagnosed viral infection could have played a role in her healing, as well, don't you think?
No, I don't think that at all. Why? Because of all the testing on blood counts every treatment. There is no way an infection would have gone un-diagnosed.

Five years of cancer treatment. Countless conversations with surgeons, oncologists, radiologists, plastic surgeons and other medical staff. May you never be forced to learn as we were.

And yes, we are extremely great flu to God for all the people and treatments He made available to us.

1PeaceMaker

No, I don't think that at all. Why? Because of all the testing on blood counts every treatment. There is no way an infection would have gone un-diagnosed.

Sure, I can see why you might doubt that.

You do understand how confirmation bias could make you expect a cure from the treatment and then, seeing remission, be confused about the origin of her recovery?

It's totally possible that her recovery was unrelated to her treatment, no?

for the past 100 years almost all cancer patients have been treated in one way or the other, such that the influence of treatment cannot always be excluded.

At least for small tumors the frequency of spontaneous regression most likely was drastically underrated. In a carefully designed study on mammography it was found that 22% of all breast cancer cases underwent spontaneous regression.[3]

Five years of cancer treatment. Countless conversations with surgeons, oncologists, radiologists, plastic surgeons and other medical staff. May you never be forced to learn as we were.

My relatives and friends have often taken a different path. I studied those alternative paths. My aunt had metastic colon cancer and she lived, despite not choosing any allopathic cures. Her colon was 100% blocked with a tumor (meaning she would take a high enema and couldn't run water past it at first) when she started her carrot juice fast, and she had a liver tumor started, too. After a month on carrot juice she had it on the run. (That was decades ago. She is in total remission and has been ever since.)

Another friend tried to go basically the same route as her and died. But before that I saw her go into remission temporarily. I was at her bedside just before she died. Her oncologist asked to see her body post-mortem because she was his first patient to actually die of the cancer she had.

And yes, we are extremely great flu to God for all the people and treatments He made available to us.

And I'm grateful adults don't have to be forced to take treatments they don't want.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Sure, I can see why you might doubt that.

You do understand how confirmation bias could make you expect a cure from the treatment and then, seeing remission, be confused about the origin of her recovery?

It's totally possible that her recovery was unrelated to her treatment, no?
Possible. Not highly probable.

My relatives and friends have often taken a different path. I studied those alternative paths. My aunt had metastic colon cancer and she lived, despite not choosing any allopathic cures. Her colon was 100% blocked with a tumor (meaning she would take a high enema and couldn't run water past it at first) when she started her carrot juice fast, and she had a liver tumor started, too. After a month on carrot juice she had it on the run. (That was decades ago. She is in total remission and has been ever since.)

Another friend tried to go basically the same route as her and died. But before that I saw her go into remission temporarily. I was at her bedside just before she died. Her oncologist asked to see her body post-mortem because she was his first patient to actually die of the cancer she had.

And I'm grateful adults don't have to be forced to take treatments they don't want.
People make their choices and live and die by them.