Snowballs Can Chip Teeth....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rusha View Post
    I have no reason to believe that is the *whole* story and will wait for the facts to come out.

This is a news report regarding the incident.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...238794721.html
    This isn't even about what happened with the sister filming and the snow attack.

But let's just imagine the worst that the woman could be guilty of. Here we have a minor nuisance woman who is not interfering with police duties who just emerged with her camera phone running.

What justifies breaking her teeth over what she did?

How is it okay to do that to a harmless non-suspect?
    Got Eternal Life?

Comment

Originally posted by 1PeaceMaker View Post
      This isn't even about what happened with the sister filming and the snow attack.

But let's just imagine the worst that the woman could be guilty of. Here we have a minor nuisance woman who is not interfering with police duties who just emerged with her camera phone running.

What justifies breaking her teeth over what she did?

How is it okay to do that to a harmless non-suspect?
      Let's see ... we have injured police officers who are in the middle of arresting a dangerous suspect who attempted to kill them. A woman runs out for the purpose of taping the arrest. Why do you suppose she did that? What was her motive? How do you think the police wold react if firefighters were trying to rescue people from a burning building and a busybody put herself inside the action in order to tape the incident.

There is a whole lot more going on here than assault by snowball and a lousy broken tooth.
      A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man
      we can trust with nuclear weapons.

Bill Clinton

Comment

....If they are crammed in your face hard enough!

I can't believe adults would go this far overboard... I guess the officer had a lot of rage to turn a snow-ball attack into a near suffocating, teeth-chipping event. My mind never conceived of such an event from anyone - let alone from a grown adult at work.
        You didnt add your link to this in your op: http://www.infowars.com/nypd-got-vio...g-family-says/
        sigpic

Comment

As much as the mainstream media hates cops, if it were as this woman claims, it would be all over the news, not just at " infowars " and "courthouse news" where infowars got it from.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Angel4Truth View Post
            As much as the mainstream media hates cops, if it were as this woman claims, it would be all over the news, not just at " infowars " and "courthouse news" where infowars got it from.
            Exactly ... there is more to this story.
            A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man
            we can trust with nuclear weapons.

Bill Clinton

Comment

Quote:
              BROOKLYN (CN) - Officers made a pile of snow and shoved it into a New Yorker's face after she tried to film the arrest of her brother whom they had just shot, a family says in Federal Court.
              Hina Rizvi and her adult daughter, Nimra Khawaja, say they ran out of their Jamaica Estates apartment on Jan. 5, 2014, after getting a call saying that a plain-clothed Nassau County police officer had shot Muhammad Ali, Rizvi's son and Khwaja's brother, in the chest.
              It was about 4 p.m., and Ali was out celebrating his 21st birthday, according to the complaint.
              Even though shot Ali was shot "near his heart and other vital organs," officers handcuffed and pushed him against the hood of a police car, the complaint states.
              Khawaja says she tried to film the incident on her cellphone, but cops grabbed her and threw her phone away, sending her face-first "onto the snowy ground."
              She says officers then began to shovel snow into a mound and "shoved snow directly into her mouth."
              Khawaja allegedly told officers that she couldn't breathe, and in that moment, "felt like she was going to die."
              "None of the other police officers intervened," according to the 20-page complaint.
              The ambulance that Khawaja summoned allegedly did not come for more than 15 minutes.
              As police kept Khawaja sitting in the snow, her mouth bruised and with her front teeth chipped because of the excessive force, they forbade the woman's sister from getting boots for her.
              They put the sisters and their mother in handcuffs, and placed them in three different police cars.
              Because Rizvi's 11-year-old daughter was now home alone, officers allegedly got the girl and put her in a fourth police car.
              The family seeks damages for civil rights violations, false imprisonment, intentional infliction of mental and emotional distress and negligence.
              Charges of disorderly conduct against all three women were dismissed, they say.
              A spokeswoman with the Suffolk County Police Department declined to comment Tuesday. The NYPD did not respond to a request for comment.

I can't believe adults would go this far overboard... I guess the officer had a lot of rage to turn a snow-ball attack into a near suffocating, teeth-chipping event. My mind never conceived of such an event from anyone - let alone from a grown adult at work.
              i don't even want to know the details. it's possible that Ali was trying to "sting like a bee" on his birthday. you narrated the story as if 4 cop cars showed up and shot the birthday boy and slapped the women around. i'll tell that at the campfire -

Comment

Originally posted by Rusha View Post
                Exactly ... there is more to this story.
                always -

Comment

Originally posted by patrick jane View Post
                  i don't even want to know the details. it's possible that Ali was trying to "sting like a bee" on his birthday. you narrated the story as if 4 cop cars showed up and shot the birthday boy and slapped the women around. i'll tell that at the campfire -
                  I didn't narrate anything. That was a story from around the web here and there.

I was just surprised that snow could be used to chip teeth, as I'd never heard of an incident like that before and also that cops would use snow in such a fashion on the job. I thought they had tazers?
                  Got Eternal Life?

Comment

Working...
                  X