Town Quixote FARCE

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Town Heretic seems to enjoy isolating, "copying" and RE-POSTING conversations to "get the last word" - in a sense. He can think about it, make a good rebuttal and make others look foolish. maybe i'm the only one that notices. TOWN NEVER says anything controversial on the board, (visitor msg's totally different), he is always "politically" correct and at various times "correct" as a Christian. Just MY opinion - :patrol:

Last edited:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Town Heretic enjoys isolating, "copying" and RE-POSTING conversations to "get the last word" - in a sense. He can think about it, make a good rebuttal and make others look foolish. maybe i'm the only one that notices. TOWN NEVER says anything controversial (on the board, visitor msg's totally different), he is always "politically" correct and at various times "correct" as a Christian. Just MY opinion - :patrol:

Question: How can someone knowingly go against the teachings of Jesus Christ and still call themselves a "Christian" (i.e. a follower of Christ)?

Arthur Brain

Question: How can someone knowingly go against the teachings of Jesus Christ and still call themselves a "Christian" (i.e. a follower of Christ)?

Well, you have no problem with lying and inventing the sleaziest of innuendo up about folk so how about you get the ball rolling and justify all that?

:think:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Town Heretic seems to enjoy isolating, "copying" and RE-POSTING conversations to "get the last word" - in a sense. He can think about it, make a good rebuttal and make others look foolish.
Well, no, that's not it at all. :think: I went through this with Eeset once and when I started to actually go through what mostly comprises the thing she lost interest.

When people look foolish (and it does happen) it's entirely their own doing.

I also, when possible, leave links to the larger conversations so people who find anything interesting either in the post or topic can find their way to it and chime it. It has nothing to do with a last word fetish and I compile the thread, along with adding other bits, because a lot of people enjoy it.

And I don't think up rebuttal in Quixote, for the most part I do a quick lead in to posts I always make extemporaneously elsewhere. If you want to speak to a particular bit where you think I was unfair I'm all ears.

maybe i'm the only one that notices. TOWN NEVER says anything controversial on the board, (visitor msg's totally different), he is always "politically" correct and at various times "correct" as a Christian. Just MY opinion - :patrol:
Like my position on gay marriage or Muslims building near ground zero, etc. Yeah, I always play it safe. :plain: So either this is a satire or you haven't read me widely. :idunno:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Town Heretic seems to enjoy isolating, "copying" and RE-POSTING conversations to "get the last word" - in a sense. He can think about it, make a good rebuttal and make others look foolish. maybe i'm the only one that notices. TOWN [SIZE="7"]NEVER[/SIZE] says anything controversial on the board, (visitor msg's totally different), he is always "politically" correct and at various times "correct" as a Christian. Just MY opinion - :Patrol:

So you think Town is boring and you decided it was worth starting a whole thread over? :plain:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You and Sod both when you are not being pests can make beautiful posts that speak the truth. But you like to pester people of the forum which leaves me wondering.:think:

Why not point out where the post is wrong? Attack the message rather than the messenger? It is a lesson I have to work on myself.

The bible has a lot to say about speaking evil of people without proper foundation--Namecalling without cause.
Ephesians 4:29 “Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, that it may give grace to those who hear. 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. 32 And be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.”

“Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good report, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things.” Philippians 4:8
The Town Quixote thread is a TOL fixture that has been around for a long time. The owner himself enjoys the thread. If you do not like it you are welcome to post someplace else.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Take the latest Gazette by way of. There are eight bits in it.

The first is a goofy bit.

The second is a civil and I hope interesting look at a civil and I hope interesting conversation I was having with Pure on priorities within the faith.

The next was a difference with GF that was amiably executed and GF got into the spirit of the thing himself, as per his answer in the fourth bit.

Five is more with pure in the same spirit.

Six is a clarification with Angel aimed at what struck me as a misread in sum. Still friendly enough.

Seven is a difference with my friend of long standing, kmo, aimed humorously and not at anyone's expense.

Eight Is Lighthouse. The only really contentious bit in it and as with the broader conversation the ill will is originated and sustained by LH.

The post before the Gazette was quote by Aristotle and a joke on the problematic difference between the ideal and the actual.

And if you go back and break the posts I make down in it you're going to be disappointed if you're looking for the hostile and sneering, at least from me. Oh, I'll give people who routinely try to make others miserable and who use denigration as a go to, first response and posit a hard time, but who doesn't?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The prosecution rests it's case.
My position on gay marriage is that morally it's a sin and legally there's no justification under the law to prohibit it, any more than there's justification for denying an atheist a license to wed.

Or, give Caesar what is Caesar's (a legal, secular contract with the state) and reserve what is God's (a religious joining before Him) for God.

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You and Sod both when you are not being pests can make beautiful posts that speak the truth. But you like to pester people of the forum which leaves me wondering.:think:

Why not point out where the post is wrong? Attack the message rather than the messenger? It is a lesson I have to work on myself.

The bible has a lot to say about speaking evil of people without proper foundation--Namecalling without cause.
Ephesians 4:29 “Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, that it may give grace to those who hear. 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. 32 And be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.”

“Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good report, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things.” Philippians 4:8
The Town Quixote thread is a TOL fixture that has been around for a long time. The owner himself enjoys the thread. If you do not like it you are welcome to post someplace else.

i attacked a vague VM in the midst of being attacked by YOU in a PM. as well as accusations from others in the last few days. i do not speak "EVIL" of others or accuse others of being EVIL, again - accusations. i would leave this alone, but i'm not you - :patrol:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Town Heretic seems to enjoy isolating, "copying" and RE-POSTING conversations to "get the last word" - in a sense. He can think about it, make a good rebuttal and make others look foolish. maybe i'm the only one that notices. TOWN NEVER says anything controversial on the board, (visitor msg's totally different), he is always "politically" correct and at various times "correct" as a Christian. Just MY opinion - :patrol:

Nope. Town is one of the first people I got to know when I first joined. The first thing I learned in our private conversations is that he never plays the "I am the real Christian" or "I am nicer than the others".

IMO what bothers a few select people on this board is that TH has the composure to intelligently explain his positions point by point. The fact that he doesn't have to resort to name calling and misrepresentations really tends to bother those who do.

Also, you have not been in the same position as TH. TQ is the ONLY thread on TOL that he is able to express himself without harassment OR having his words twisted.

TH is no more politically correct than I am ... he just tends to look at things from a legal perspective. For some reason, it isn't enough to agree that something is a sin and explain why it is a secular issue.

For those who don't like the TQ thread, easy to remedy. Don't read it. For those who dislike or hate TH, easy to remedy. Put him on ignore.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Nope. Town is one of the first people I got to know when I first joined. The first thing I learned in our private conversations is that he never plays the "I am the real Christian" or "I am nicer than the others".

IMO what bothers a few select people on this board is that TH has the composure to intelligently explain his position point by point. The fact that he doesn't have to resort to name calling and misrepresentations really tends to bother those who do.

Also, you have not been in the same position as TH. TQ is the ONLY thread on TOL that he is able to express himself without harassment OR having his words twisted.

TH is no more politically correct than I am ... he just tends to look at things from a legal perspective. For some reason, it isn't enough to agree that something is a sin and explain why it is a secular issue.

For those who don't like the TQ thread, easy to remedy. Don't read it. For those who dislike or hate TH, easy to remedy. Put him on ignore.

i know. i am wrong.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
and now i'm lumped together with SOD. by Sherman

Just for attacking the messenger rather than the message. That is something that can be easily remedied though.

My own opinion ... you would have to work extremely hard and even take lessons in "Trolling 101" to be anything like SOD.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
i know. i am wrong.
That's good enough for me. I don't really have a vested interest in an enemies list and I'm always willing to work and walk through a misunderstanding.

With the less public moments, but not all that private, profile conversations I do relax a bit, as I imagine anyone would, being with friends who've had a long enough back and forth to understand what's serious and what isn't, to get my sometimes peculiarly layered approach to jokes, such as they are and who understand that I never intentionally aim a harm at anyone I consider a friend.

Speaking of, I appreciate the kind words of correction from a few of you...and, of course, whatever it was AB gamely went after, randomly hammering on the keys again, likely inebriated...poor devil. ;)

Arthur Brain

That's good enough for me. I don't really have a vested interest in an enemies list and I'm always willing to work and walk through a misunderstanding.

With the less public moments, but not all that private, profile conversations I do relax a bit, as I imagine anyone would, being with friends who've had a long enough back and forth to understand what's serious and what isn't, to get my sometimes peculiarly layered approach to jokes, such as they are and who understand that I never intentionally aim a harm at anyone I consider a friend.

Speaking of, I appreciate the kind words of correction from a few of you...and, of course, whatever it was AB gamely went after, randomly hammering on the keys again, likely inebriated...poor devil. ;)

What?!

If I was randomly "hammering on the keys again" then I was aiming for F# major in the form of a sonata with some blues and dissonance thrown in for good/bad measure with a cello for backup...

:mmph:

Status
Not open for further replies.