Fast Personality Test

quip

BANNED
Banned
Hmm. Well, first of all there’s a difference between mirroring and meeting them where they are, which latter seems to me more of a reaction “to” than an empathic “with.”

I’m going on my walk, I’ll think about it and come back with a better answer. Hopefully.

Simply different forms of empathy. INFJ's directly absorb (for lack of better term) emotions from others; it's very tough on them in discerning their emotions from other's.

INFP's on the other hand draw upon their innate knowledge of human behavior to draw accurate conclusions from others' demonstrated emotions/actions while foreseeing future actions and consequence.

INFJ's project intuition inward ---> to make outward conclusions. (Ni - introverted intuition.)
INFP's project intuition outward ----> to make inward conclusions. (Ne - extroverted intuition.)

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Simply different forms of empathy. INFJ's directly absorb (for lack of better term) emotions from others; it's very tough on them in discerning their emotions from other's.

What about those times there's no empathy for the other person or no desire to absorb their emotions because they're toxic?

INFJ's project intuition inward ---> to make outward conclusions. (Ni - introverted intuition.)
INFP's project intuition outward ----> to make inward conclusions. (Ne - extroverted intuition.)

Can you give a scenario for each of these?

quip

BANNED
Banned
What about those times there's no empathy for the other person or no desire to absorb their emotions because they're toxic?

That's something they must learn. Being empathic is automatic to them, they must learn to actively discern motives lest they may be taken advantage of...and often are.

Can you give a scenario for each of these?

Since I'm most familiar with the FP process I'd say that when you encounter someone you naturally take in all of their verbal and non verbal cues then process those into a empathic conclusion based upon the FP's intuitive store of human behavior. In other words, you mix external data with internal intuition to form an emotion assessment.

Conversly, FJs first feel the emotion then externally attribute that to the other's behavior.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Since I'm most familiar with the FP process I'd say that when you encounter someone you naturally take in all of their verbal and non verbal cues then process those into a empathic conclusion based upon the FP's intuitive store of human behavior. In other words, you mix external data with internal intuition to form an emotion assessment.

Conversly, FJs first feel the emotion then externally attribute that to the other's behavior.

Coming full circle back to your coworker: Can you give a non-detailed (not trying to be intrusive here) example of how your INFP has interacted with her INFJ? Change details, whatever necessary to make it generic?

quip

BANNED
Banned
Coming full circle back to your coworker: Can you give a non-detailed (not trying to be intrusive here) example of how your INFP has interacted with her INFJ? Change details, whatever necessary to make it generic?

It's most uncomfortable... but in a good way. I'm usually the one being the quiet, assertive observer in this exchange, though it seems I'm being observed as I'm observing.
It can be disconcerting though facinating at the same time.... like peering through a peep hole securely behind a locked door only to see another eye peering back.:noway:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
It's most uncomfortable... but in a good way. I'm usually the one being the quiet, assertive observer in this exchange, though it seems I'm being observed as I'm observing.
It can be disconcerting though facinating at the same time.... like peering through a peep hole securely behind a locked door only to see another eye peering back.:noway:

Yeah, I could see how that could be disconcerting. A twist on the "Stop martyring while I'm martyring!" :chuckle:

Not that you're wanting her (or anyone) to stop, just that idea that you're aware of being scrutinized by the inscrutable while you're in the process of inscrutably scrutinizing.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
For 'NT' types, INFJ type is the most pain! ISFJ is also a big pain, sometimes ENFJs make for good helpers

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Why's that?

INFJ types talk, or present possibilities; however, their dominant personality is based on their feelings and values. NT types are usually more rational and not well prepared for dramatic changes in attitude towards one. This is especially true with "P" types, who are "NT".

ISFJ, they are more obvious about their perceptions, and easier to predict how one is perceived, However, they are also apt to change their assessment of one, based on changes in feeling and value.

If one is ENTP, then one usually takes what is said or thought with a grain of salt, yet may have trouble when someone who seemed to like them, turns out to strongly dislike him, or her. It is also a real problem for ENTJ types, since they tend to not understand the attitude change and are more likely to dislike the person in return, more so than "P" types.

Generally, "I " types tend to hold back and often surprise "E" types. "J" types find "P" types to be uncommitted and somewhat disorganized.

Lon

Most people can tell you their personality traits without the 'test' part. When taking a test, and uncomfortable question, not meaning personally threatening, but hard to answer because of the way it is written, more often than not, in my experience, means you are somewhere between the two. I tend to hit the center mark on those. I could have guessed, for instance, most of the personality traits of those I interact with on TOL. Many who interact with me would likely be able to pin me down pretty easily.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Most people can tell you their personality traits without the 'test' part. When taking a test, and uncomfortable question, not meaning personally threatening, but hard to answer because of the way it is written, more often than not, in my experience, means you are somewhere between the two. I tend to hit the center mark on those. I could have guessed, for instance, most of the personality traits of those I interact with on TOL. Many who interact with me would likely be able to pin me down pretty easily.

My guess is that you're an ISTJ or ISFJ.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The first thing you must understand is this is about perception and cognition. The NS are two of making use of perception and the TF are two ways of making use of cognition.

First we perceive, the make decisions. The main idea you need to know here is do you perceive knowing though your senses and perception of facts, or do you perceive by thinking in terms of possibilities and imagination? We all do both, but some favor sensing, while other prefer intuition.

Now secondly, we make decisions, using our cognitive ability and here some prefer making decisions based on thinking and rational, while others prefer making decisions based on feelings and values.

Now you think about this and when you understand it well, I will introduce to you to how the JP, judging, perception influences how we perceive and cognate.

Lon

1) You find it difficult to introduce yourself to other people.
:nono:
2) You often get so lost in thoughts that you ignore or forget your surroundings.
Agree

3) You try to respond to your e-mails as soon as possible and cannot stand a messy inbox.
Somewhat Agree
4) You find it easy to stay relaxed and focused even when there is some pressure.
Disagree
5) You do not usually initiate conversations.
Disagree

6) You rarely do something just out of sheer curiosity.
Disagree, but it has to be morally viable

7) You feel superior to other people.
Disagree
8) Being organized is more important to you than being adaptable.
Disagree
9) You are usually highly motivated and energetic.
Agree
10) Winning a debate matters less to you than making sure no one gets upset.
Somewhat to mostly Disagree
11)You often feel as if you have to justify yourself to other people.
Disagree, sometimes, when questioned/accused

12) Your home and work environments are quite tidy.
Disagree not filthy, but not organized
13) In a discussion, truth should be more important than people’s sensitivities.
Agree

14) Your work style is closer to random energy spikes than to a methodical and organized approach.
Disagree
15) In a discussion, truth should be more important than people’s sensitivities.
Agree
16) You rarely worry about how your actions affect other people.
Probably agree, but the awkwardness of the question leaves me in the middle. I don't usually worry because I don't usually do anything that would adversely affect others.
17) You are often envious of others.
Disagree
18) An interesting book or a video game is often better than a social event.
Disagree
19) Being able to develop a plan and stick to it is the most important part of every project.
Disagree
20) You are often envious of others.
Disagree

21) You rarely get carried away by fantasies and ideas.
Disagree

22) You often find yourself lost in thought when you are walking in nature.
Agree

23) If someone does not respond to your e-mail quickly, you start worrying if you said something wrong.
Disagree, mostly not
24) As a parent, you would rather see your child grow up kind than smart.
Agree
25) You do not let other people influence your actions.
Agree
26) Your dreams tend to focus on the real world and its events.
Uhhhggg!!!
Agree (if aspirations)
Disagree (if actual dreams) :(
27) It does not take you much time to start getting involved in social activities at your new workplace.

Agree, somewhat

28) You are more of a natural improviser than a careful planner.
Not sure. I plan things out but as I put the door in, I had to improvise a bit to make things fit, thus about the middle. I don't mind having to improvise, and I'm not meticulous, but I do try to make sure things turn out well and will over-work to ensure something is or looks great.
29) Your emotions control you more than you control them.
Agree, though they have to be pretty extreme so only during extreme times.

30) You enjoy going to social events that involve dress-up or role-play activities.
Agree, but not something I actively seek nor set up myself.
31) You often spend time exploring unrealistic and impractical yet intriguing ideas.
Agree, though I wonder what the test people mean by 'often.' Too much time is impractical.
32) You would rather improvise than spend time coming up with a detailed plan.
Disagree I am flexible, but prefer some planning.
33) You are a relatively reserved and quiet person.
NO
34) If you had a business, you would find it very difficult to fire loyal but underperforming employees.

Agree. Tough one, I'd do it,but would 'feel' it a difficult thing.
35) You often contemplate the reasons for human existence.
Agree
36) Logic is usually more important than heart when it comes to making important decisions.
Didn't like this question. It is BOTH else it is neither. If they mean 'irrational' that's a different story, and I'd agree, but this question wasn't a good one imho.
37) Keeping your options open is more important than having a to-do list.
Disagree
38) If your friend is sad about something, you are more likely to offer emotional support than suggest ways to deal with the problem.
Disagree, but I try to be sensitive to which is more needed.

39) You rarely feel insecure.
Personally difficult to answer, which would suggest disagreement
40) You have no difficulties coming up with a personal timetable and sticking to it.
Agree, but I rarely have myself this booked.
41) Being right is more important than being cooperative when it comes to teamwork.
Another one I don't like. "When teamwork [is important]." Is teamwork ever more important than being right?
I tend to agree rather than disagree, but the implication is that teamwork is somehow very important in this question... :idunno:
42) You think that everyone’s views should be respected regardless of whether they are supported by facts or not.
Disagree, for the most part
43) You feel more energetic after spending time with a group of people.
Agree
44) You frequently misplace your things.
Agree

45) You see yourself as very emotionally stable.
:think:
46) Your mind is always buzzing with unexplored ideas and plans.
Agree

47) You would not call yourself a dreamer.
Disagree

48) You usually find it difficult to relax when talking in front of many people.
Agree, somewhat
49) You see yourself as very emotionally stable.
:think:
50) Your mind is always buzzing with unexplored ideas and plans.
Agree
51) You would not call yourself a dreamer.
Disagree
52) You usually find it difficult to relax when talking in front of many people.
Agree
53) Generally speaking, you rely more on your experience than your imagination.
Disagree, somewhat
54) You worry too much about what other people think.
Disagree Generally speaking

55) If the room is full, you stay closer to the walls, avoiding the center.
Disagree
56) You have a tendency to procrastinate until there is not enough time to do everything.
Disagree
57) You feel very anxious in stressful situations.
Agree

58) You believe that it is more rewarding to be liked by others than to be powerful.
Agree
59) You have always been interested in unconventional and ambiguous things, e.g. in books, art, or movies.
Disagree
60) You often take initiative in social situations.
Agree

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
What value is this kind of thing?

For one thing, I would have been a lot happier if I understood why I felt like an alien being in the little town where I lived. INTPs are about 3% in the population, and I thought I was the only one like me in the world.

Introversion isn't what most people think it is. It's just the way you get recharged. Crowds, unless I'm in front speaking to them, wear me out. I get recharged in solitude.

My wife, God bless her, always understood this, even before I knew it.