Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Traits you dislike

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Traits you dislike

    What makes you dislike a person? Do you dislike people as soon as you see them/interact on TOL or does it take time? What about the saying 'what you dislike in others, you dislike in yourself' , is that always true?

    Your thoughts?

  • #2
    people who always have to have the first response

    they suck

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by resurrected View Post
      people who always have to have the first response



      they suck


      I like 'em...go-getters

      Comment


      • #4
        Ha, Rez.

        Sometimes you can initially dislike someone and then come to admire them; or vice versa - you wind up despising whom you initially admired.

        I hate hypocrisy more than anything. Also superficiality.
        He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him.
        ~Daniel 2:22

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by GFR7 View Post
          Ha, Rez.

          Sometimes you can initially dislike someone and then come to admire them; or vice versa - you wind up despising whom you initially admired.

          I hate hypocrisy more than anything. Also superficiality.


          It's funny how perceptions can change.

          Comment


          • #6
            An attitude of smug superiority will shoot down a potential friendship for me every time.

            People who worship their kids, and genuinely can't believe anyone would ever want to abstain from procreation.

            Also anyone who feels the need to tie EVERYTHING (sports, hobbies, current events, the trick they just taught their dog) back to religion in conversation.
            God forbid I want to discuss something else ever.

            Ad hominems, personal insults, refusal to acknowledge one's own fallacies, etc.

            ...these are for everywhere, by the way, not just on TOL.
            “In many ways the evidence of our faith is found in our ability to control our tongue (or our keyboard)."
            -Adam Hamilton

            “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
            -Ralph Waldo Emerson

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Buzzword View Post
              An attitude of smug superiority will shoot down a potential friendship for me every time.

              People who worship their kids, and genuinely can't believe anyone would ever want to abstain from procreation.

              Also anyone who feels the need to tie EVERYTHING (sports, hobbies, current events, the trick they just taught their dog) back to religion in conversation.
              God forbid I want to discuss something else ever.

              Ad hominems, personal insults, refusal to acknowledge one's own fallacies, etc.

              ...these are for everywhere, by the way, not just on TOL.



              Thanks

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Buzzword View Post
                An attitude of smug superiority will shoot down a potential friendship for me every time....Ad hominems, personal insults, refusal to acknowledge one's own fallacies, etc.
                That rules out most liberals.
                Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

                Titus 1

                For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

                Ephesians 5

                11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Buzzword View Post
                  An attitude of smug superiority will shoot down a potential friendship for me every time.

                  People who worship their kids, and genuinely can't believe anyone would ever want to abstain from procreation.

                  Also anyone who feels the need to tie EVERYTHING (sports, hobbies, current events, the trick they just taught their dog) back to religion in conversation.
                  God forbid I want to discuss something else ever.

                  Ad hominems, personal insults, refusal to acknowledge one's own fallacies, etc.

                  ...these are for everywhere, by the way, not just on TOL.
                  ^ These ...

                  Add to self-appointed mind readers who make ridiculous claims about what others REALLY believe rather than just admit not everyone agrees with them.
                  TRUST
                  is a fragile thing.

                  Easy to break, Easy to lose
                  and one of the hardest things to
                  ever get back.







                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I just don't like it when people won't acknowledge and deal with their own defects. So instead they end up spewing their failure all over everyone else.
                    1. If you're not the brightest bulb in the box, (and who is?) then own up to it: shut up and listen when someone smarter comes along. Maybe you'll learn something and won't be such a dim bulb, next time around. But don't exaggerate your ignorance by trying to pretend you're something that you're not, and insulting and disparaging anyone who doesn't bow to your stupidity.
                    2. You were abused as a child, and now your an angry, broken adult? I feel for you, I really do. Until you start acting like and angry broken child. Because the difference between a child and an adult is that an adult owns up to the abuse and the damage they've received, and works at overcoming it so as not to inflict it on others. Abusive behavior is self-replicating, and it has to be consciously challenged, within, to break that chain of cause and effect.
                    3. You're pathetically addicted to the idea of your own righteousness, as you imagine it has been conferred upon you by your Bible idol? Whoop-tee-doo. No one cares. You're no different than any other drunk or dope fiend in the world: obsessed with getting your next ego-fix. And by any means necessary, and at anyone else's expense. You're a loser and a parasite.


                    And so on …

                    The common theme is people who can't or won't face their own crap, and so are constantly smearing it all over anyone else who happens to come in contact with them.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      People that are subtil about belief due to their agenda.
                      Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

                      Titus 1

                      For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

                      Ephesians 5

                      11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Drivers that suck at driving

                        Comment


                        • #13

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Thunder's Muse View Post
                            What makes you dislike a person? Do you dislike people as soon as you see them/interact on TOL or does it take time? What about the saying 'what you dislike in others, you dislike in yourself' , is that always true?

                            Your thoughts?
                            people have allways had negative immediate interactions with me, maybe because I am quite? or have a negative vibe?..

                            it seems either they really like me but most do not on sight or first contact..

                            ahh i see your saying on TOL..ehh prolly same lol

                            i dont see people I am either against or dislike. I enjoy talking with most people,I see everyone as souls in body's enjoying or dealing with the world as I am.Some like negative attention, and crave tension and conflict. Thats ok, I dont understand why I cant bite my own teeth or see my own eye.I just log it as life and keep going

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by JosephR View Post
                              people have allways had negative immediate interactions with me, maybe because I am quite? or have a negative vibe?..



                              it seems either they really like me but most do not on sight or first contact..



                              ahh i see your saying on TOL..ehh prolly same lol



                              i dont see people I am either against or dislike. I enjoy talking with most people,I see everyone as souls in body's enjoying or dealing with the world as I am.Some like negative attention, and crave tension and conflict. Thats ok, I dont understand why I cant bite my own teeth or see my own eye.I just log it as life and keep going


                              I liked you right away

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X