Traits you dislike

Thunder's Muse

I have to answer God.

His Spirit opened my eyes to my faults.

Another way to look at it is your experience convinces you a trait is dislikeable, and then your belief it is dislikeable determines your rejection of that trait in yourself and a subsequent change in your behavior.

Yeah, I agree with that :)

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I have to answer God.
His Spirit opened my eyes to my faults.

Another way to look at it is your experience convinces you a trait is dislikeable, and then your belief it is dislikeable determines your rejection of that trait in yourself and a subsequent change in your behavior.

Calling the saints demons and having demons when asked to verify your salvation based on what you erroniously believe, and then refusing to talk to them is a sure sign of the rejection of Christ.

LA

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
That's horrible.
Do you believe that people can dislike traits they don't posses?
If you are freed from hypocrisy, dishonesty and cruelty, will you still recognize and dislike those traits you see in others?

There is no way under Heaven that we can recognize and understand traits in others without being aware of the same ones in ourselves. That's the way humans are.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
... When I had those traits, I obviously didn't dislike them or not enough to stop expressing them.
There are always ways to express criticism or strong emotion in ways that do not come across as immature or cruel. Too often we say that it was the other person's actions that "caused" the less-than-kind reaction that arises in ourself.

PureX

There is no way under Heaven that we can recognize and understand traits in others without being aware of the same ones in ourselves. That's the way humans are.
That's true, but there's a very big difference between recognizing our own flaws in others because we PROJECTED them there, and recognizing them in others because we know them in ourselves.

The soul of bias and bigotry is projecting what we hate in ourselves onto others, so we can hate and condemn them, instead.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That's true, but there's a very big difference between recognizing our own flaws in others because we PROJECTED them there, and recognizing them in others because we know them in ourselves.

The soul of bias and bigotry is projecting what we hate in ourselves onto others, so we can hate and condemn them, instead.

My experience has been that when God speaks to one of His children about their faults then they often can see the same in another (often imagined) and think that God is using them to speak to another, but then it all comes out in a condemning manner until they repent themselves.

LA

PureX

My experience has been that when God speaks to one of His children about their faults then they often can see the same in another (often imagined) and think that God is using them to speak to another, but then it all comes out in a condemning manner until they repent themselves.
An apt observation.

Last edited:

elohiym

What you are claiming is essentially only hypocrites can recognize hypocrites.
I can't agree with that.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
We all have good intentions. What's difficult is to be able to recognize the actual, real-world EFFECTS of those "good intentions."

Hitler, for example, might have wanted to get rid of Jews to make sure Germany was safe from impure populations and immigration. But he obviously was unable to come up with alternative ways to guarantee his intention would be moral and acceptable.

Ha Nazir

How do you feel about murderers, child molesters, wife beaters, corrupt government officials, terrorists, abortionists? How many of those traits do you have?