This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tea and Chocodiles

Finally had a weekend to go exploring my new locale here in N.C. Found Typhoo tea at Big Lots of all places...I'd seen it only in the import aisles of a few stores back in Ohio but never tried it. Since Tetley - which I had come to prefer over P.G. Tips - has been letting me down lately, I picked up a box. First cup of Typhoo was downright excellent, will be buying again.

Later, at Dollar General (again, of all places), I came upon something that made me rub my eyes to check for mirage. The Hostess rack held boxes of Chocodiles (chocolate covered Twinkies, for those who don't know), something that before Hostess went bankrupt were pretty much only available on the west coast or horribly gouge-priced on Amazon. But lo and behold, here they are. It'd been years since I'd had them and since my low carb diet has a few exceptions...Chocodiles being one of them...they went wonderfully with my cup of Typhoo.

So how's your day?
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

Stayed in all day alone, started with tea (a PG Tips pyramid bag).
    Later I looked in the fridge, found some sliced mushrooms well past the sell by date, but they looked OK, to bin or eat was the question?
    The day needed an exciting risk, so what the hell.
    I found a not quite so out of date chicken Kiev with garlic sauce, rather nice too, then some hash browns.
    The mushrooms turned out to be about the best I've tasted and didn't give me food poisoning, in fact my IBS has cleared up! so I've put on 200 blues tracks to keep my spirits up.

Comment

I really wonder if the U.K. teas we get here in the States are the same as the originals. They all say they are but I dunno. The only one I still want to try is Barry's. Have heard good things about it but it's always kinda pricey when I spot it.

Originally posted by alwight View Post
      I've put on 200 blues tracks to keep my spirits up.
      Counterintuitive but to each his own.
      "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
      Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
      By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

Comment

Originally posted by musterion View Post
        I really wonder if the U.K. teas we get here in the States are the same as the originals. They all say they are but I dunno. The only one I still want to try is Barry's. Have heard good things about it but it's always kinda pricey when I spot it.

Counterintuitive but to each his own.
        Track 164 "Are You Out There"
        Percy Mayfield

Never heard of Barry's, nor Percy Mayfield come to think of it?

Comment

Never heard of Barry's, nor Percy Mayfield come to think of it?
          Never heard of PG Tips.

Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

Comment

Originally posted by annabenedetti View Post
            Never heard of PG Tips.
            You have now.

Comment

You have now.
              I'll ponder that while I drink my José's coffee.

Comment

Stayed in all day alone, started with tea (a PG Tips pyramid bag).
                Later I looked in the fridge, found some sliced mushrooms well past the sell by date, but they looked OK, to bin or eat was the question?
                The day needed an exciting risk, so what the hell.
                I found a not quite so out of date chicken Kiev with garlic sauce, rather nice too, then some hash browns.
                The mushrooms turned out to be about the best I've tasted and didn't give me food poisoning, in fact my IBS has cleared up! so I've put on 200 blues tracks to keep my spirits up.
                Now that is living.... I bet that pyramid was on it's second dip and all.
                One lavished upon in the Beloved
                sigpic

Comment

Never heard of PG Tips.
                  Typhoo?
                  One lavished upon in the Beloved
                  sigpic

Comment

I'll ponder that while I drink my José's coffee.
                    Who's José?

Comment

Originally posted by Totton Linnet View Post
                      Now that is living.... I bet that pyramid was on it's second dip and all.
                      No, I have a very big mug.

Comment

Originally posted by Totton Linnet View Post
                        Typhoo?
                        No. Sorry.

Comment

Who's José?
                          Allow me to introduce you to José.

Comment