The great Ebola scare of 2014

musterion

Nope, no agenda. I think 9/11 "fire no melt steel!!1" truthers need steel-toed boots firmly implanted but this...is different. This is all deliberate hostile action against the citizens of the U.S.

ContaMundum

Also since people don't disclose the truth, anyone from areas where its prevalent, should not be able to travel outside of their area without a 21 day isolation period.

I saw on the NBC news tonight that the NBC medical doctor (Nancy Snyderman) that reports on medical topics has been in the Ebola hot zone where one of the locally hired camera persons has tested positive. Now she and others are being flown to the US on a private jet by NBC and will volunteer to be quarantined for three weeks.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...flown-U-S-Liberia-new-deadly-virus-scare.html

rexlunae

I saw on the NBC news tonight that the NBC medical doctor (Nancy Snyderman) that reports on medical topics has been in the Ebola hot zone where one of the locally hired camera persons has tested positive. Now she and others are being flown to the US on a private jet by NBC and will volunteer to be quarantined for three weeks.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...flown-U-S-Liberia-new-deadly-virus-scare.html

I'm not quite sure why she had to report from the porch of the Dallas case in Africa.

ContaMundum

I'm not quite sure why she had to report from the porch of the Dallas case in Africa.

I think she was looking into the man's story as it was reported he had no contact with ebola on a form he completed at the airport. In the report on the news she interviewed a taxi driver that stated the man now in Dallas had actually had the taxi take him to several clinics with a sick woman in the taxi and none of the clinics would admit her. He returned to his home with the woman and she died the next morning. The point being he lied on his travel form about being exposed to ebola.

rexlunae

I think she was looking into the man's story as it was reported he had no contact with ebola on a form he completed at the airport. In the report on the news she interviewed a taxi driver that stated the man now in Dallas had actually had the taxi take him to several clinics with a sick woman in the taxi and none of the clinics would admit her. He returned to his home with the woman and she died the next morning. The point being he lied on his travel form about being exposed to ebola.

I saw the report. It seems tremendously ill-advised, if you'll pardon the pun. She and her crew went to the very place where the disease was likely contracted and interviewed the locals. I understand why there are health workers going there. I don't see how a picture of the outside of a door and the inside of a car are worth the risk in this case.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I still want to know what happened to the hospital equipment (sheets, gown, etc) that were used on the ebola patient from the FIRST time he went the hospital when he was sent home.

I haven't seen anything on that, and those things all need to be burned and since they sent him home with antibiotics and didnt know what was really wrong with him, did they send all that stuff out with their other stuff and the sheets and down to regular laundry for the ER?

gcthomas

I still want to know what happened to the hospital equipment (sheets, gown, etc) ... those things all need to be burned and since they sent him home with antibiotics and didnt know what was really wrong with him, did they send all that stuff out with their other stuff and the sheets and down to regular laundry for the ER?

Given that the ebola virus is too fragile to survive for long away from body fluids, I expect that simple laundry will efficiently sterilise it. More likely the linen was specially cleaned as surgical linen is already.)

ContaMundum

I saw the report. It seems tremendously ill-advised, if you'll pardon the pun. She and her crew went to the very place where the disease was likely contracted and interviewed the locals. I understand why there are health workers going there. I don't see how a picture of the outside of a door and the inside of a car are worth the risk in this case.
I tend to agree. It seems fools rush in where others fear to tread, as they say. I guess it makes for good PR for the network, but at what cost?