Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And Now For A Nice Thread About All Things Pleasant...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by annabenedetti View Post

I love this. Love the possibilities.
    Here's one somewhat like that...
    This message is hidden because ...

Comment

• Mrs. Barbarian loves pandas. She collects all kinds of panda things, but she really likes the panda figurines made by Artisana Rinconada. They started out as two guys in a corner of their house in Paraguay (hence Rinconada). Today, they have a larger studio, with a number of people making them. They aren't molded; each one is by hand.

These are what they produce now:

I happened to find someone selling the figurines they made back in the 1970s, and got several pandas for her:

Not as sophisticated in design, but I like them just as much. Mrs. B was pleased.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Barbarian View Post
        I happened to find someone selling the figurines they made back in the 1970s, and got several pandas for her:
        I like those 70s ones.

Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

Comment

• If you get a chance, go see the film "Yesterday." It's a funny and ultimately uplifting story about a struggling musician who has an accident during a mysterious worldwide power outage, and when he regains consciousness, he seems to be the only person on Earth who knows anything about the Beatles or their music. Google searches turn up nothing, no one knows a thing about them or any of their songs.

What happens after that is quite a story.

Well worth seeing.

Comment

• This message is hidden because ...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Barbarian View Post
              If you get a chance, go see the film "Yesterday." It's a funny and ultimately uplifting story about a struggling musician who has an accident during a mysterious worldwide power outage, and when he regains consciousness, he seems to be the only person on Earth who knows anything about the Beatles or their music. Google searches turn up nothing, no one knows a thing about them or any of their songs.

What happens after that is quite a story.

Well worth seeing.

I saw it this afternoon, based on your recommendation. I'm really glad I did.

Comment

• I love happy endings.

Comment

I love happy endings.

I hate it when that happens. Drones seemed like a fun idea. But it makes everyone crazy. Even if you register with FAA and follow all the rules, there's always some fool (often a public official) who thinks he knows the law better than you do, and wants you to do things manifestly unsafe or even illegal. Not worth the aggravation, far as I'm concerned.

Comment

• Fractal self-arrangement of droplets of different oils floating on a slightly alkaline water solution.

Comment

• These owls... especially the second one - I can't stop watching...

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1159568715702243329

Comment

I saw it this afternoon, based on your recommendation. I'm really glad I did.
                        "Hey, Dude"... I loved that. Ed Sheehan has a really good, understated comedic talent.

Comment

• Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

Comment

• Escape from political tension

Tom Cruise running for President in 2020
                            My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
                            Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
                            Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
                            Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
                            No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
                            Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Comment

• I just love this

Comment

• At the Red Bull Soapbox races in The Colony, just north of Dallas. The area has a nice, curvy downhill street:

Comment

Working...
                                X