Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And Now For A Nice Thread About All Things Pleasant...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Poly View Post
    Cool temperatures. I would like to reflect upon the by gone days of cooler temperatures as today I get to live in the temperature of 108.
    Beat you by 2 degrees today. Just north of Dallas.
    This message is hidden because ...

Comment

• Trying to see how much image quality I could get out of my Pentax Kp:

Here's an enlargment from that image:

It's the dark car between the two trees. And yes, a lot of processing and "cheating" to get that level of detail in the picture. Original is well over a hundred megapixels.

Comment

• A Deutsche Bahn BR 2442 Talent 2 train at Garmisch-Partenkirchen station in southern Germany. I was fortunate to be able to visit the region back in March. I took this photo on a journey between Munich and Innsbruck, Austria. We had a 10 minute stop here, and so I decided to stretch my legs and take this pic!

Click image for larger version

Name:	7AD8627C-F9F0-41FC-A3D1-43D7644D4E8E.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	2434772

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. - Bertrand Russell

Winner of TOL Post of the Year 2012

Comment

• Weekend afternoon in Amana,Iowa, drinking a Back Road Stout, with a German band playing polkas and waltzes.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Barbarian View Post
            Weekend afternoon in Amana,Iowa, drinking a Back Road Stout, with a German band playing polkas and waltzes.
            Or, as it's known in the next life, techno hell.
            You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
              Or, as it's known in the next life, techno hell.
              Earth Leakage Trip: The Ice Cream Van From Hell

Comment

• Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

Comment

• Not my photo, but I love it, it shows how adorable these Bewick's wrens are. I have one that shows up regularly outside my door, and it's so fun to watch.

I looked them up, and they only weigh about 1/3 oz. So tiny... and so dang cute.

Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

Comment

• Traveling across Iowa countryside.

Comment

• Some classic, retro Brit comedy...

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post
                        Some classic, retro Brit comedy...
                        That wasn't bad, but this Brit review of a restaurant in Brighton tops it:

"After diving into Murmur dodging a summer shower, we were delighted to discover a stunning and perfectly proportioned oasis of culinary delight!
                        Having had a delicious coffee, we secured a lunch booking in the already busy restaurant. So pleased we did.
                        The fish soup was rich and unctuous, such depth of flavour! The roasted cod was cooked to perfection and settled nicely on its bed of cannellini beans.
                        With a wine list to suit all palates, the Viognier was a stunner.
                        Chef Michael has a simply stunning venue here.
                        Thank you making our day!"
                        https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser..._England.html#
                        You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
                          That wasn't bad, but this Brit review of a restaurant in Brighton tops it:

"After diving into Murmur dodging a summer shower, we were delighted to discover a stunning and perfectly proportioned oasis of culinary delight!
                          Having had a delicious coffee, we secured a lunch booking in the already busy restaurant. So pleased we did.
                          The fish soup was rich and unctuous, such depth of flavour! The roasted cod was cooked to perfection and settled nicely on its bed of cannellini beans.
                          With a wine list to suit all palates, the Viognier was a stunner.
                          Chef Michael has a simply stunning venue here.
                          Thank you making our day!"
                          https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser..._England.html#
                          Well, you know what murmurs can lead to...

In this case, possible dysentery but besides that:

Charlie Smithers!

Comment

• Heading to the Lake this weekend in our new 5th wheel to enjoy some nice fall weather. Oh so pleasant.

Click image for larger version

Name:	trailer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	2434805
                            "The most terrifying words in the English language are 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan

Check out the "rightest" of all right wing moms. FarRightMom

Upgrade your TOL membership.

Comment

• A windy day, headin' out on the motorcycle.
                              Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
                              Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Comment

• Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

Comment

Working...
                                X