Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And Now For A Nice Thread About All Things Pleasant...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by annabenedetti View Post
    I'd go for the sweet and salty.
    A great comedy duo back in the days of Vaudeville, but they never got to make the film debut that might have launched them because of the rating system.

Tragic.

Sweet went on to design Valentine's Day cards. Salty was arrested several times on morality charges in and around the Boston area before being elected to Congress.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Comment

• All I wanted was a snack...

Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

Comment

• Comment

• This message is hidden because ...

Comment

All I wanted was a snack...
            All I wanted was a pony...

It's a hard world out there, anna.
            You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Comment

• This message is hidden because ...

Comment

• This doesn't qualify as 'all things pleasant,' but it was notable, and something I'd been unaware of beforehand, so finding it was a good lesson.

I was in San Clemente in Orange County a while back, and in a small museum I got a chance to see the original plan of the city, ca 1925. Just reading it for the historical interest, my eye caught this line, the last in the second column of facts about San Clemente, which you can (hopefully) see if you click on the image:

"Purchasers limited to Caucasian Race."

Sorry about the shadow, I tried several shots, but too much light behind me and didn't know how to deal with that. I have no photographic skill, just a handy phone.

Comment

This doesn't qualify as 'all things pleasant,' but it was notable, and something I'd been unaware of beforehand, so finding it was a good lesson.

I was in San Clemente in Orange County a while back, and in a small museum I got a chance to see the original plan of the city, ca 1925. Just reading it for the historical interest, my eye caught this line, the last in the second column of facts about San Clemente, which you can (hopefully) see if you click on the image:

"Purchasers limited to Caucasian Race."

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26542[/ATTACH]

Sorry about the shadow, I tried several shots, but too much light behind me and didn't know how to deal with that. I have no photographic skill, just a handy phone.

Caucasian race, eh?

Who won?

Comment

• Originally posted by ok doser View Post
                    Caucasian race, eh?

Who won?

The Republicans. It's Orange County.

Comment

• Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

Comment

The Republicans. It's Orange County.
                        The times, they are a-changin'.

It may be small comfort for Democrats who are devastated that Hillary Clinton lost her bid for the White House, but the former secretary of State managed to do something no Democrat has done since the Great Depression — win Orange County.

Clinton beat Republican Donald Trump by nearly 5 points, or 39,000 votes, in the county that has long served as a national symbol for the GOP, the home to Richard Nixon and the cradle of Ronald Reagan's conservatism.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt was the last Democratic presidential candidate to take Orange County, in his 1936 contest against challenger Alf Landon.

This time, with 395,801 votes, Clinton took nearly half of the total, while Trump won 356,892 votes, or 45%.

Because of its deep Republican roots, Orange County is the most prominent red county to turn blue. But it was not alone — similar shifts occurred in other large, affluent suburban counties such as those outside Atlanta and Houston.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-m...109-story.html
                        This message is hidden because ...

Comment

• It was significant watching that happen, but what would be even better would be seeing them boot Rohrabacher.

Comment

• "So jump for joy
                            Be blithe and gay,
                            Or weep my friends with sorrow
                            For what California is today
                            The rest will be tomorrow"

-Richard Armour
                            This message is hidden because ...

Comment

• Cool temperatures. I would like to reflect upon the by gone days of cooler temperatures as today I get to live in the temperature of 108.
                              "The most terrifying words in the English language are 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan

Check out the "rightest" of all right wing moms. FarRightMom

Upgrade your TOL membership.

Comment

• Originally posted by Poly View Post
                                Cool temperatures. I would like to reflect upon the by gone days of cooler temperatures as today I get to live in the temperature of 108.
                                Some like it hot!

like me
                                So, what?

believe it!

Comment

Working...
                                X