TOL Snapshot: Inside the Numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sky. View Post
    How embarrassing! HOW will I ever go on?
    What does it all mean?
    I am quite content just as I am!
    This seeming, infatuation with numbers is a puzzle to me.
    If all of the numbers disappeared we could say "So what!".

Comment

So;
      What's the curve?
      Did I beat it?
      Everyman is a voice in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by fool View Post
        So;
        What's the curve?
        Did I beat it?
        Don't have a wide enough sample at present, but it appears that it's a bit like baseball.

Your numbers aren't bad at all.
        You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Comment

How embarrassing! HOW will I ever go on?
          Irrelevantly--if your numbers are any indicator. As are a good many of the sour pusses.

And that makes me feel...better about the state of things.
          Last edited by Town Heretic; April 17, 2013, 06:51 AM.

Pro-Life

Comment

Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
            Irrelevantly--if your numbers are any indicator. As are a good many of the sour pusses.

And that makes me feel...better about the state of thing.s
            Do you want me to cry harder?

Comment

Originally posted by bybee View Post
              What does it all mean?
              I am quite content just as I am!
              This seeming, infatuation with numbers is a puzzle to me.
              If all of the numbers disappeared we could say "So what!".
              I don't know bybee. Town for class president?

Comment

How do the Open Theism threads, part 1 and 2 stack up? How about an OSAS or MAD thread? Or maybe being MAD about OSAS
                Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

Comment

I don't know bybee. Town for class president?

Comment

Do you want me to cry harder?
                    Do you think that's really possible?

Originally posted by bybee View Post
                    What does it all mean?
                    :
                    One of the encouraging things I'm seeing/learning is that the low blow champs, while found everywhere, don't actually tend to generate many posts and don't do especially well at even drawing interest where they're the thread starters. Oh, they'll find a topic or two, but on average it's a little weak.

That should make you feel better about the state of the place and about your TOL neighbor.

Pro-Life

Comment

Sozo's gospel, Andyc's objection of the DBR for justification

I show the hypocrites double talk

(and that is small potatoes compared to the Open Theism 3 part thread)

Tet's display of foolishness
                      Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

Comment

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

It doesn't seem like who is posting, but what the subject is.

Originally posted by Knight
                        This thread will be a continuation of the thread ARCHIVE: Open Theism pt. 1

Which at the time of this posting had 6,788 replies and almost 74,000 views!
                        Originally posted by Knight
                        This thread will be a continuation of the thread ARCHIVE: Open Theism pt. 2

Which at the time of this posting had 8,094 replies and almost 154,954 views!
                        And part 3 is currently 3,538 posts and 144,176 views.

That is a total of 18,420 posts and 373,130 views. Using Knights rounded numbers.

Titus 1

Ephesians 5

Comment

Originally posted by Rusha View Post
                          Hurrah!
                          I, however, shall retain my position as Chairman of the Board!
                          And, my protege, Rusha shall continue being groomed as my eventual replacement!

Comment

GR
                            Threads: 100
                            More than 1000 views: 58
                            More than 100 posts: 19

Lighthouse
                            More than 1000 views: 43
                            More than 100 posts: 13

Knight
                            More than 1000 views: 69
                            More than 100 posts: 26

stripe
                            More than 1000 views: 59
                            More than 100 posts: 11

some other dude
                            More than 1000 views: 40
                            More than 100 posts: 11

Granite
                            Threads: 75
                            More than 1000 views: 52
                            More than 100 posts: 23

Pro-Life

Comment

I have started 21 threads since June 2006. None of them had more than 100 replies.

Which means I.... totally suck or... something? What's this really about, anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Spitfire View Post
                                I have started 21 threads since June 2006. None of them had more than 100 replies.

Which means I.... totally suck or... something? What's this really about, anyway?
                                It's exactly what I said it is. I wanted to find a way to look at relevance that wasn't your rep number, a number rather easily manipulated. What can't be as easily manipulated is interest expressed in the threads.

What I'm finding is that people who are less interested in mud rolling are fairing better, are in terms of drawing interest and response, a much more important number in the life of the community, the real engine that pushes this machine. That's good news.

As for you...Your sample is small. Look at the emerging average from those who have 100 threads or better and you'll see that even at the high end the percent of threads drawing over 100 posts in response is typically under 40%, meaning that 60% of those 100 threads, while they might be drawing over 1000 views often enough, don't generate much responsive heat.

So if you only have twenty something threads you might be within that larger sampling. That is, if you had 100 threads under your belt your numbers would likely improve significantly.

Pro-Life

Comment

Working...
                                X