Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Congratulations to you all for being 1 /140

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Congratulations to you all for being 1 /140

    . . .th.

    Of what keeps TOL brimming with new content. I see there are 140 active members on TOL, that's something the old format didn't do, this one runs an algorithm and it says there are 140 users it considers active. So congratulations for being 1 /140th of what makes TOL a breathing anonymous internet discussion board, instead of a dead /extinct one.

    Keep up the good work.
    "Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

    @Nee_Nihilo

  • #2
    If the smileys worked, I'd post a bunch of dancing bananas

    : think :

    Comment


    • #3
      Yeah the smilie catastrophe is really hitting us hard. I just did the winking smile smilie with the semicolon and closed parenthesis, the forum automatically converted it to a smilie, and smilies doesn't show up, so I look like a
      "Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

      @Nee_Nihilo

      Comment


      • #4
        Algorithm says there are 143 of us active users today! Dancing banana +3
        "Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

        @Nee_Nihilo

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Idolater View Post
          Yeah the smilie catastrophe is really hitting us hard. I just did the winking smile smilie with the semicolon and closed parenthesis, the forum automatically converted it to a smilie, and smilies doesn't show up, so I look like a
          Haha, Idolater.

          Speaking of the semicolon/closed parenthesis, several days ago (prior to the recent, big TOL changes) I was going to make a light-hearted little post to showcase some of the occurrences of it in the KJV. Some of them (to me, at least) are kind of funny in the inopportuneness of their being (illegitimately, of course) interpreted as winking smilies. One of my favorites was in Ezekiel 16:23 KJV, immediately after the words, "woe, woe unto thee! saith the Lord God". It won't do for me to try to display it on here, of course, because, as you noted, it won't show up anyway. 1 Timothy 2:7's instance was pretty funny to me, also, occurring as it does immediately after Paul's words, "I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not"--I mean, hadn't Paul read Proverbs 6:13 KJV? Also, the colon/closed parenthesis combo has a few awkward instances in the KJV, if you interpret it as a smiley. One of my favorites was the one immediately after Moses' words, "I exceedingly fear and quake", in Hebrews 12:21 KJV.


          What evidence do you have to support your claim that what you call "evidence" is evidence?

          MAGA (Masking America's Gullible Apes)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 7djengo7 View Post

            Haha, Idolater.

            Speaking of the semicolon/closed parenthesis, several days ago (prior to the recent, big TOL changes) I was going to make a light-hearted little post to showcase some of the occurrences of it in the KJV. Some of them (to me, at least) are kind of funny in the inopportuneness of their being (illegitimately, of course) interpreted as winking smilies. One of my favorites was in Ezekiel 16:23 KJV, immediately after the words, "woe, woe unto thee! saith the Lord God". It won't do for me to try to display it on here, of course, because, as you noted, it won't show up anyway. 1 Timothy 2:7's instance was pretty funny to me, also, occurring as it does immediately after Paul's words, "I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not"--I mean, hadn't Paul read Proverbs 6:13 KJV? Also, the colon/closed parenthesis combo has a few awkward instances in the KJV, if you interpret it as a smiley. One of my favorites was the one immediately after Moses' words, "I exceedingly fear and quake", in Hebrews 12:21 KJV.

            Those are some good ones, I agree. "Woe unto thee" (wink!). lol.
            Originally posted by Idolater View Post
            Algorithm says there are 143 of us active users today! Dancing banana +3
            Down to 103 and still falling.

            Not for nothing, but somehow I was locked out of a thread that I was participating in. It's "private" now. But I still get notified.
            "Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

            @Nee_Nihilo

            Comment


            • #7
              Yeah as need to keep this site running. God bless!
              Happy November to Remember!

              Comment


              • #8

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Idolater View Post
                  Down to 103 and still falling.
                  100 today. Below 100 actives, has got to be the death rattle for a social media site I'm afraid.

                  Anyway congrats to all the final 100 survivors here.
                  "Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

                  @Nee_Nihilo

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Idolater View Post
                    100 today. Below 100 actives, has got to be the death rattle for a social media site I'm afraid.

                    Anyway congrats to all the final 100 survivors here.
                    It's always been slow in the summer and this is a weird summer anyway

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ok doser View Post

                      It's always been slow in the summer and this is a weird summer anyway
                      124 today! (You were right. )
                      "Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

                      @Nee_Nihilo

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Idolater View Post
                        124 today! (You were right. )
                        Where is this indicator?
                        Eph 2:8 For you are saved by grace through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God's gift --
                        Eph 2:9 not from works, so that no one can boast.
                        Eph 2:10 For we are His creation, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared ahead of time so that we should walk in them. [HCSB]

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X