How cows evolved into whales.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I occasionally speak of my wife and children. That would be rather awkard, um?
I rarely read your posts.

Maybe it was my wife? She played for a long time. I don't remember posting a picture of her, though.
OK, maybe it was your wife or maybe my memory is failing.

Any way, I wasn't calling you a woman as an insult, I seriously thought you were a woman because of the those pictures you had posted which I had a mental image of.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Probably because most every other mammal decided to stay on land.

Decided? :rotfl:

I decided at a young age that it would be beneficial to be able to fly. Despite this, neither I nor my kids have wings. :(

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Decided? :rotfl:

I decided at a young age that it would be beneficial to be able to fly. Despite this, neither I nor my kids have wings. :(
I pray you'll live long enough to see grandchildren, maybe they will have wings. ;)

noguru

Actually, I find it quite enjoyable to be PlastikBuddha. I just didn't think the clip was very funny. Except for the part where the cow hit the rocks. That was funny. Perhaps if that weren't so close to the level of scientific understanding displayed by many I would've found it more amusing.

I find it amusing that there are dorky people who find this animated clip funny. It is kind of Monty Python-ish, except it is not nearly as witty.

noguru

Why would something crawl out of the sea, and then end up going back in to evolve into a sea creature? Why not stay in the water?

Indecision. I understand entirely, because I still can't decide if I like the ocean better than the mountains.

Last edited:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Wow! This thread is over my head. Perhaps some cows had caves who fell into the water and became whales?

jeremysdemo

I find it amusing that there are dorky people who find this animated clip funny. It is kind of Monty Python-ish, except it is not nearly as witty.

There was a video?

The thread title was silly enough for me to know there would be nothing worth viewing the OP.

Did I miss much?

keep shinin'

jerm :cool:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Just so no one actually goes away with that idea, whales did not evolve from cows. They did, however, evolve from ungulates, (hooved mammals), but they were very much different than cows. The most primitive known whale ancestor was sort of horselike, but had a skull that looked a lot like a primitive whale, including the sigmoid ear bone that all whales (and only whales) have.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
He also declared that if anyone found a whale with legs, it would make an evolutionist of him. Later, when such whales were found, he declared that if they had legs, they wouldn't be whales. :rolleyes:
I think I will stick with Henry on that one.
One myth promulgated by some evolutionists says that some whales have been found with hind legs, complete with thigh and knee muscles. However, this story probably grew by legendary accretion from a true account of a real sperm whale with a 5.5 inch (14 cm) bump with a 5-inch (12 cm) piece of bone inside. Sperm whales are typically about 62 feet (19 m) long, so this abnormal piece of bone is minute in comparison with the whale—this hardly qualifies as a ‘leg!'
Source

Mr. 5020

I think I will stick with Henry on that one.
Indeed. :)

"The closest thing to the claim which launched our pursuit of this whole trail is where Slijper states, ‘Thus, at Ayukawa Whaling Station (Japan), a Sperm Whale was brought in in 1956, with a 5-inch tibia projecting into a 5½-inch “bump,” and a Russian factory ship in the Bering Sea had a similar experience in 1959.’ No photo is provided.

Ignoring for the moment the purely anecdotal nature of the evidence, what is it that is being claimed? Sperm whales are massive—up to about 19m (62 feet) long. A 14 cm (5.5 inch) ‘bump’ on its side would look like an almost unnoticeable pimple. Inside the bump is a piece of bone, some 12.5 cm (5 inches) ‘long.’ There is no evidence given of anything which could reasonably be called a ‘leg.’ Slijper calls the bone inside the ‘bump’ a ‘tibia.’ But we have already seen that it doesn’t take much for evolutionary believers to label abnormal pieces of bone in ways to fit their naturalistic religion."1

1 http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v20/i3/whale_leg.asp

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Just so no one actually goes away with that idea, whales did not evolve from cows. They did, however, evolve from ungulates, (hooved mammals), but they were very much different than cows. The most primitive known whale ancestor was sort of horselike, but had a skull that looked a lot like a primitive whale, including the sigmoid ear bone that all whales (and only whales) have.
Would you like to provide proof of this? Are there pictures of skeletons or carcasses of this animal?

Jukia

Nice try, Chair. But too much science and clearly using evidence that was put in place by Satan shows your initial bias. Sorry I just cannot believe all that nonsense put forth by the atheistic science conspiracy. Any while you are at it, make sure you take your chilluns out of public school.

Just thought I would cut to the chase. Providing technical info on this forum is often a total waste of time if it does not fit with Genesis. Or at least with Walt Brown.