Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

alwight

how else could it have started?
Well, my guess, given the right building blocks (nucleic acids, which seem to fall from space), and suitable conditions and time, then a self replicating molecule coming together somewhere at some point in time might even be rather more inevitable than not.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Well, my guess, given the right building blocks (nucleic acids, which seem to fall from space), and suitable conditions and time, then a self replicating molecule coming together somewhere at some point in time might even be rather more inevitable than not.

so you have no reasonable explanation
or
even a reason to believe?

Hedshaker

God is the only reasonable explanation we have

This is called the God of the gaps argument.

still waiting for your reasonable explanation

Still waiting for yours.

"God of the gaps" is a bit of theological reasoning which invokes divine intervention as a way to understand natural phenomena that science is presently unable to explain; since we don't know how x happens, it is assumed that Goddidit. Of course, scientists and most rationalists would argue that naturalistic explanations for still-mysterious phenomena are always possible.[1]

God of the gaps is one way for intelligent and scientifically literate theists to deal with the cognitive dissonance of believing in a transcendent god.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
'God' is Source-energy, Spirit-consciousness, Light.....

'God' is Source-energy, Spirit-consciousness, Light.....

Is the nature of this god reflected in the nature of the biological evolution that is the mechanism of creation?

If 'God' is the source of all creation and its inherent laws and principles...then such are native to the realm of creation where these processes appear. All 'mechanisms' within creation (all expressions of life, intelligence and creativity) would have their origin in the Heart of Creation which would be that eternal center of infinite intelligence and universal Spirit which we call 'God'. Much here is subject to 'terms', 'meanings' and 'definitions'. From a theistic POV, 'God' is Life...therefore the source of all substance, elements, intelligence, energy, forms....All That Is. What exists is Self-evident as life itself,....it is reality, what actually exists (which includes all that is 'potential' and 'actual').

Because natural selection is one of the most brutal and cruel biological mechanisms there is, from the point of view of human sensibilities.

'Natural selection' does not deny or affirm a divine intelligence behind all, but accepts its non-necessity. Whether 'God' is put into the equation as the Supreme Intelligence, - First Cause of all things or not,...there is life, being, consciousness. The reality of 'life' is self-evident, there is consciousness. What is, is....essence and form, the invisible and visible. I AM. I know this intimately and directly.

I relayed my thoughts on 'creation' and 'evolution' being subsets of the the same energy-source in their 'unmanifest' and 'manifest' states. All is Spirit, born out from the infinite MIND of a creative Intelligence. - yes, this is a rational assumption proved by my own Self-reflection. I intuit this because of the life and consciousness resonating within my own 'being' which is not seperate from its source...but an offspring thereof.

I have the proof of life ('God') in my own being, which includes all mystery and knowledge....all that is unknown and known.

pj

Stuu

God is the only reasonable explanation we have

still waiting for your reasonable explanation
"God" isn't a logical clause, it is a noun. The expression "God explains" only makes grammatical sense if followed by a quote from the god.

Those who claim that god explains things almost never actually explain anything. There is no attempt at justification of truth claims and all chains of cause-and-effect end with "god", which is only asserted as a cause and never justified as one.

Christian apologetics is for people satisfied with not knowing. What does their god think of the lack of use of the brains it supposedly gave them? I guess there is good reason to be wary; one of the first interactions between the Judeo-christian god and humans was when the humans' "god-given" curiosity was punished, along with a legged snake.

Stuart

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Stuu,

I usually don't chat with atheists, you know, people with no heart and no brain. God is not an it, He is a He, and you'd be wise to show Him respect before you meet Him and He sends you a clearer message in the fire. And a legged snake is a serpent or lizard, as we call them. A snake is a serpent without legs and a dust licker.

Why don't you use the brain God gave you? Wouldn't that be nice also!!

Michael

Jukia

Dear Stuu,

I usually don't chat with atheists, you know, people with no heart and no brain. God is not an it, He is a He, and you'd be wise to show Him respect before you meet Him and He sends you a clearer message in the fire. And a legged snake is a serpent or lizard, as we call them. A snake is a serpent without legs and a dust licker.

Why don't you use the brain God gave you? Wouldn't that be nice also!!

Michael

You are a Christian, you are supposed to talk with unbelievers to spread your Good News.

And why is your god a male? How do you know your god is not an it? or, heavens, a female?

Status
Not open for further replies.