Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I was going to ask "Are you really that gullible?", but then I realized who I would be asking. It is a joke. It oozes with absurdities and facetiousness.

Dear noguru,

Hey Dude!! I guess I'm too gullible. I didn't know that Jose Fly would lie to me and everyone here. That's one of the seven deadly sins. Thanks a lot, Jose.

Michael

:cheers: :singer: :cloud9: :rapture: :angel: :angel: :guitar:

noguru

Dear noguru,

Hey Dude!! I guess I'm too gullible. I didn't know that Jose Fly would lie to me and everyone here. That's one of the seven deadly sins. Thanks a lot, Jose.

Michael

:cheers: :singer: :cloud9: :rapture: :angel: :angel: :guitar:

So as expected you are going with the party line that he lied rather that seeing it as satire. That's understandable given the perspective you folks have chosen.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Dear The Barbarian,

I told you I'd get back to you. Yes, we both love God, thank God!! A salvation issue is that Jesus did not dispute the Creation story of Genesis while He was on Earth, so why should we think it is not correct? Salvation happens by realizing that Jesus was the Son of God, the Savior for all people, the baby who was born by the Holy Ghost and God. You need all of these in your creation for salvation, The Barbarian. It's of the essence. We believe because we've heard that God said it is so. And it shall happen that whosoever calls upon Jesus when He comes, they shall also be saved. I don't know the quote on this or where it's located in the Bible, but if you need me to find it, just write me back, and I will try to find it.

God Bless Your Efforts! Be Sure Of What You Believe!!!

Michael

:angel: :angel: :guitar: :rapture: :cloud9: :singer:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Barbarian observes:
Nope. For example, the earth brought forth life. God created the world and then things came forth from previously created things to make the world we see today. He created it to do that.

Here, I'll show it to you.

Genesis 1:24 And God said: Let the earth bring forth the living creature in its kind, cattle and creeping things, and beasts of the earth, according to their kinds. And it was so done. [25] And God made the beasts of the earth according to their kinds, and cattle, and every thing that creepeth on the earth after its kind.

As you see, it totally rules out the life ex nihilo beliefs of YE creationism. And it clearly shows that God created life from non-living matter, using nature. Why wouldn't He? Remember, He's God, not some little middle eastern nature deity. You guys are uncomfortable with a God that great.

And now, you know better.

Barbarian asks:
So Genesis 1 is literal, and Genesis 2 is only figurative?

Sounds like your cafeteria Christianity kicking in, again. You want it to be literal where it fits your needs, and not literal where it doesn't.

No. It's the word of God about Him, and us, and our relationship. Trying to demote it to a history book is borderline blasphemous.

The Book of Documents. Ancient writers often used figurative language for very early times. But of course, Genesis is God's word, not man's history book.

In Gen. 2:19KJV, "And out of the GROUND the Lord God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them."

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
As you have simply asserted an hypothesis your 'argument' neither stands up by itself or makes any sense.

For instead of starting with God .You start with evolution .
and instead of believing God .You believe evolution and measure God by it .

In 1John he speaks of "ye fathers ye know Him who is from the beginning"

That then is the creator .

God by His word says HE Created it and in the order that it is recorded.
You may debate the times and seasons.
But no where in that account "in the beginning" does it suggest evolution at all .
You ascribe to the idea that if evolution is wrong then God is a liar.
Yet as evolution has no foundation in scripture and "thy Word is truth" (Jesus) then I must conclude that evolution is the lie and Gods Word is true.
anf it is BECAUSE God is so good beneficial that he left us his record as to the beginnings of things .
Unless of course you would deny that God created man out of the dust of the earth and believe that man has evolved from apes?

The record of mankind and the way of the world gives me no confidence at all as to the idea that anything it can dream up would be true.
Why it should give you so much confidence as to call God a liar you will have to answer yourself.

If men do not believe Gods account "in the beginning" How on earth can they then "Know Him who is form the beginning"!?
1 John

I must conclude then that the vast majority of professing Christians do not know Him as well as they ought .

in Christ

gerald

Dear geralduk,

How are you doing, dude?!! We have another ally, eh? Fantastic. I fixed a few of the typos you had. See, I'm thinkin' about you. I appreciate your posts here. You're doing an excellent job!! Really good, geralduk. This is a fun thread to be on. And we can surely use your help. Thanks so much for being there!!

May God Watch Over You And Yours!! Cheerio!!

Michael

Last edited:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Genesis 1:24 And God said: Let the earth bring forth the living creature in its kind, cattle and creeping things, and beasts of the earth, according to their kinds. And it was so done.

In Gen. 2:19KJV, "And out of the GROUND the Lord God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them."

And in Genesis 1, it says six "yom" to make it all. And in Genesis 2, it says one "yom" to make it all.

If you try to make a literal history of Genesis, that causes some problems. It was because of such things, that most Christians do not think it is a literal history.

Not that you're going to hell for thinking so; it's just that it can't be reconciled logically.

Jose Fly

Knock knock.

Who's there?

Oh wait....I'm not really knocking at your door. Guess that makes me a liar.

Fundamentalists.....:chuckle:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Barbarian observes:
Nope. For example, the earth brought forth life. God created the world and then things came forth from previously created things to make the world we see today. He created it to do that.

Here, I'll show it to you.

Genesis 1:24 And God said: Let the earth bring forth the living creature in its kind, cattle and creeping things, and beasts of the earth, according to their kinds. And it was so done. [25] And God made the beasts of the earth according to their kinds, and cattle, and every thing that creepeth on the earth after its kind.

As you see, it totally rules out the life ex nihilo beliefs of YE creationism. And it clearly shows that God created life from non-living matter, using nature. Why wouldn't He? Remember, He's God, not some little middle eastern nature deity. You guys are uncomfortable with a God that great.

And now, you know better.

Barbarian asks:
So Genesis 1 is literal, and Genesis 2 is only figurative?

Sounds like your cafeteria Christianity kicking in, again. You want it to be literal where it fits your needs, and not literal where it doesn't.

No. It's the word of God about Him, and us, and our relationship. Trying to demote it to a history book is borderline blasphemous.

The Book of Documents. Ancient writers often used figurative language for very early times. But of course, Genesis is God's word, not man's history book.

Dear The Barbarian,

You must realize that the Lord God formed the "creatures and fowl" out of the ground {See Gen. 2:19KJV}.

MUCH Love, In Christ!!

Michael

:angel: :angel: :cloud9: :cloud9:

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
As you have simply asserted an hypothisis your 'argument' neither stands up by itself or makes any sense.

For instead of startign with God .You start with evolution .
and instead of believign God .You believe evolution and measure God by it .

In 1John he speaks of "ye fathers ye know Him who is from the beginning"

That then is the creator .

God by His word says HE Created it and in the order that it is recorded.
You may debate the times and seasons .
But no where in that account "in the beginning" does it suggest evolution at all .
You ascribe to the idea that if evolution is wrong then God is a liar.
Yet as evolution has no foundation in scripture and "thy Word is truth" (Jesus) then I must conclude that evolution is the lie and Gods Word is true.
anf it is BECAUSE God is so good beneficiant that he left us his record as to the beginnings of things .
Unless of course you would deny that God created man out of the dust of the earth and believe that man has evolved from apes?

The record of mankind and the way of the world gives me no confidence at all as to the idea that anything it can dream up would be true.
Why it should give you so much confidence as to call God a liar you will have to answer yourself.

If men do not believe Gods account "in the beggining" How on earth can they then "Know Him who is form the beginning"!?
1 John

I must conclude then that the vast majority of professign christians do not know Him as well as they ought .

in Christ

gerald

Dear gerald,

Yes, you're right! Nowhere in the Bible is there room for evolution. And God is the one Who is named as the Creator of all of these bugs, animals, fowl, and mankind. It's no wonder that people believe the Christian Bible over evolution. Thanks for your post!!

May God Be With You, gerald,

Michael
:guitar: :rapture: :cloud9: :cloud9: :angel: :angel:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
You must realize that the Lord God formed the "creatures and fowl" out of the ground

God says that He created the Earth and then the Earth brought forth living things, as He commanded.

There's a lot of detail missing from the Bible account, but then, it wasn't intended to be a scientific description.

Let me ask you, respectfully, if you learned for certain that God used nature to produce the first living things, from which all of today's creatures are descended, what difference would it make to your salvation?

Nothing at all, as far as I can see. Focus on the things that matter, and the things that join us in faith.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
As noguru has suggested to you Michael sometimes people will write with humour to highlight absurdity and nonsense. Jose was pretending, which perhaps should have been more obvious to you?
Poe's Law?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law
There is no wizard or scientist behind the curtain conspiring to deceive everyone.
Science is not a global conspiracy and neither are scientists against any God, it is simply a method whereby to examine and explain the evidence.

Simply believing that something is so because it happens to be written down, as you have seen here, can mislead you. But when you have evidence based conclusions that can be repeatedly tested and confirmed or put into practice then you have more reasonable grounds to be more convinced that it is true, rather than something you simply want to be true. To believe explicitly and literally what an old scripture says regardless of honest science, actual facts and evidence is what I personally find baffling but then I haven't been visited by angels. ;)

Dear alwight,

Well, the one lesson that I learned from Jose Fly was to not believe any evolutionist again. I can definitely see what you're saying alwight. Scientists are against God if they say we're descended from chimps. You wouldn't know about these scientific efforts or "facts" if they were not written down. So do I believe what is written down in my Scripture book. And yes, I've been helped by angels. I surely do believe it!!

Much Love & Cheerio Tons,

Michael

Last edited:

alwight

Dear alwight,

Well, the one lesson that I learned from Jose Fly was to not believe any evolutionist again. I can definitely see what you're saying alwight. Scientists are against God if they say we're descended from chimps.

AL, I will have to finish later. I am very sleepy and need to lay down. Will be back to answer your post soon. Thanks. Michael
Michael, I'm an "evolutionist" and I have never lied to you.:AMR:

StanJ

God says that He created the Earth and then the Earth brought forth living things, as He commanded.

There's a lot of detail missing from the Bible account, but then, it wasn't intended to be a scientific description.

Let me ask you, respectfully, if you learned for certain that God used nature to produce the first living things, from which all of today's creatures are descended, what difference would it make to your salvation?

Nothing at all, as far as I can see. Focus on the things that matter, and the things that join us in faith.

That's NOT what Genesis reads.

So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind.
God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
As noguru has suggested to you Michael sometimes people will write with humour to highlight absurdity and nonsense. Jose was pretending, which perhaps should have been more obvious to you?
Poe's Law?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law
There is no wizard or scientist behind the curtain conspiring to deceive everyone.
Science is not a global conspiracy and neither are scientists against any God, it is simply a method whereby to examine and explain the evidence.

Simply believing that something is so because it happens to be written down, as you have seen here, can mislead you. But when you have evidence based conclusions that can be repeatedly tested and confirmed or put into practice then you have more reasonable grounds to be more convinced that it is true, rather than something you simply want to be true. To believe explicitly and literally what an old scripture says regardless of honest science, actual facts and evidence is what I personally find baffling but then I haven't been visited by angels. ;)

Dear alwight,

Don't forget that the Lord visited me 2 times, and the Holy Spirit 3 times, and I've had a number of visions/out-of-body experiences. If I were not, I would not have been able to go on this long, of course. When you've been visited by the Lord {Who saved me from a heart attack}, it's hard to believe it isn't true. And angels visiting me also. I can tell you what they said, if you like. But I will not go into detail because you should just be getting my book Free from my website. I don't want to have to keep typing about it every time. That has happened too often. I will just direct you to my website, if you like. Write to me {PM}. Do you mean that I haven't already sent you a book and my Proof Pages, Al? I thought we did that!

May God Bless My Excellent Friend, alwight!!

Michael

:shut: :angel: :angel: :cheers: :cloud9: :cloud9:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
For The Barbarian!! 6-28-2015

For The Barbarian!! 6-28-2015

Genesis 1:24 And God said: Let the earth bring forth the living creature in its kind, cattle and creeping things, and beasts of the earth, according to their kinds. And it was so done.

And in Genesis 1, it says six "yom" to make it all. And in Genesis 2, it says one "yom" to make it all.

If you try to make a literal history of Genesis, that causes some problems. It was because of such things, that most Christians do not think it is a literal history.

Not that you're going to hell for thinking so; it's just that it can't be reconciled logically.

Dear Barbarian,

Of course we're not going to hell. We mostly all believe in Christ. And I don't think that God sends our kind of people, even atheists, to hell. The Barbarian, you go by what is written in Gen. Chapters 1 and also 2. You must be misunderstanding it or something. Chapter 2 helps to aid Chapter 1, that's all. Don't be believing you're going to hell because you believe in the Creation and evolution. We're trying to tell you that evolution isn't the way. God making the changes is what is happening. Not evolution or Mother Nature, or whatever. It's God only!! He changes which genome, DNA, or neutron that He wants to. He's IN CHARGE!! Don't you get it? We are just trying to get you to see the Whole Truth. God is an Excellent Chemist!!

Of course we love you, The Barbarian!!

Many Blessings From God Himself,

Michael

:cheers: :angel: :angel: :cloud9: :cloud9: :rapture:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.