Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Sorry, Michael, I don't have any idea from what that researcher is making his claims. Haven't seen any numbers, and I'm guessing that I'll probably not understand what the "hologram" idea is about.

Dear The Barbarian,

I'm sorry too, so don't feel bad. I will never understand. Well it is BRAND NEW research or 'thesis'? I sure will like to find out what he is meaning by saying black holes have a back door? And holograms of what gets sucked into them at the moment they go down. Well, thanks tons for getting back to me. That's what counts to me. We can't know everything, especially if it is so recent. Will chat with you soon, buddy!! Cant' wait!! Keep in touch!!

Much Love Coming At Ya'!!

Michael

:rapture: :rapture: :angel: :angel: :guitar: :cloud9:

DavisBJ

Hey Michael.....
Notice how evolutionists always compare the similarities between man and chimp....but rarely discuss the huge differences? They are in essence trying to prove God wrong, saying we have not been created distinct.

The same thing happens with planetary science. Evolutionists try to show that earth is not that special. Billions of dollars are spent searching for "goldilocks" planets. (Planets that may be habitable / earthlike). These scientists often get excited finding something that may be similar, yet ignoring humongous differences. For ex, Titan is not earthlike at all. It has a nitrogen atmosphere and contains methane lakes. The temperature on Titan is close to minus 300 degree Farenheit.

GOD word tells us that He created our planet to be inhabited. There is no intelligent life elsewhere in the universe.
I thought the summary article that Michael posted was informative and interesting. I certainly did not see it as trying to prove that Titan is just like the earth. The article was quite specific in identifying those aspects of Titan in which it is uniquely similar to earth.

But alas, in your hands as a dedicated YEC, the article turns into the core of an attack on evolutionists and the apparent dishonesty of scientists for not emphasizing the ways Titan differs from the earth. Do you ever read an article like that and appreciate it for just what it actually said, or do you feel an obligation to leverage whatever anti-evolution mileage you can out of every article?

alwight

Dear alwight,
Hi Michael. :wave:

Well glory be!! I'm so glad you got some rain. Hope it happens again soon. Did you have to check the shingles on your roof, or are your roofs different in England? We have some roofs with shingles here and others with Navajo rooftops. Those are hard to explain, but they look like small, long orange-brown flower pots, with the bottoms cut off and cut in half and put on the roof so that the rain flows into the bottom halves of the sides of the pots and the water drains off of the roof. I don't know how else to explain it.
Shingles are long overlapping planks, but my roof has overlapping roof tiles.

Al, of course I believe there will still be 1/3 of the Earth's population left on the Earth. 1/3 will go to heaven and 1/3 to rest in the ground, either to 'sleep' or go to hell in the center of the earth, where it is very hot!! You know how magma and lava spews out of our Earth? Whoever lives will have to bury a lot of people, clean up the Earth, and rebuild it. There will be plenty of jobs and work. Whether anyone will get paid or not is another story. But just remember, that the 'meek' shall inherit the Earth. They will live on Earth and everyone shall be Judeo-Christian. That is what will be decided upon. There will be two countries called Gog and Magog. There will no longer be the U.S. and Great Britain, etc. Things will change dramatically. The continents will have been shifted indeed. Alwight, it says the Earth will reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall utterly be removed from her place. So there are going to be some big changes and a lot of destruction. At least He is not causing a flood over all of the Earth. He promised He would never to that again. But there will be tons of earthquakes, including one so big that it has never been one bigger than that on Earth since it was inhabited by man. I'm thinking a 10 or 11. All one can do is speculate and I know what the Bible says about what's going to happen. See Isaiah 24:20KJV. Al, it is literal, not parabolic. If you play your cards right, you could go to Heaven and enjoy a lasting life called forever, or just continue with what you're doing and go to sleep in the ground for 1,000 years. I doubt that you will go to Hell, so don't fret. But I would consider getting on the Peace Train as soon as you can!! It has been foretold for 2,000 years now, Al. It's going to happen sooner or later. In this case, both. Way too late for those who are dying to be with Jesus and God, and too soon for some who think it will not happen soon. Those ARE the options right now as they exist. Time will prove me true or not. Now, when the Second Death happens in over 1,000 years and rest the dead live again among the other peoples' descendants, I believe that it will culminate by the Sun exploding prematurely, and there will be a lake of fire. The Lord God and Jesus will be in a new Heaven, where we will not need a sun or light, for He will be our light and warmth. It is written. What can I say. {See Rev. 22:5KJV, Rev. 20:5KJV and Rev. 20:9KJV}. If you look up these three verses, you will understand I think. Go for it. It tells the future.

Hey Buddy, I will put this post in a nice color for you. It's my favorite color. I like using the colored fonts if the post is longer than a paragraph. It looks nicer that way and it's not that hard for me to do to brighten someone's day. Well, got to go for now. God Bless You Dude!!

Michael
Whoever wrote Revelation must have been living near a rather plentiful supply of magic mushrooms if you ask me Michael.
Supposedly a John of Patmos right?
:plain:

DavisBJ

WMAP vs Godditit

WMAP vs Godditit

Regarding Is 45:12:
… As I previously said...I don't know if it refers to expansion, but it may. It certainly is one possible explanation why we see galaxies that are 18 billion light years away.
By your statement that “It certainly is one possible explanation why we see galaxies that are 18 billion light years away”, you are either acknowledging the universe is that old, or you must have a rational alternate explanation for how the light got to us from 18 billion ly away.
… We both speculate about the beginning.
But your “speculation” is about a Biblical passage that has been studied for 3 or so millennia. Your own chosen way to speak of that Biblical passage – as speculation - pretty much means it has never been clearly discerned what was actually meant. I would trash any math text with that degree of ambiguity in it.
… BTW...Is.45:12 is only one of several references to the heavens being stretched. Here is a few more but not all.

Is. 40:22 ...*the circle of the earth...stretcheth out the heavens

Isaiah 42:5...created the heavens, and stretched them out

Jeremiah 10:12...stretched out the heavens by his discretion.

Job 9:8"spreadeth out the heavens

Job 26:7Hestretcheth out the north over the empty place, [and] hangeth the earth upon nothing.

Psalms 104:2 stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:

Zechariah 12:1 stretcheth forth the heavens …
Thanks, but unless you are willing to declare a lot more definitively what these really mean in cosmology than you have so far, then there are creation myths from other religions with more credibility to them.
… It was mentioned to say that both evolutionists and Biblical creationists have explanations that rely on apriori beliefs. You might believe that in less than a quadrillionth of a second the universe 'exploded' like a magic balloon and faster than the speed of light. I believe "In the beginning, God created"
Your explanation: "In the beginning, God created" is little more than a statement of faith in the fundamentalist interpretation of the Genesis account. It has been pretty sterile at being amenable to scientific verification. By comparison, scientific cosmology is an active field in which our “a priori beliefs” are rigorously subjected to ongoing studies and experiments to help see where weaknesses in our preconceptions are. Hardly the same as just saying “Goddidit”.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
We know this for the same reason that scientists KNOW the universe is 13 billion years old.

So you are either acknowledging the universe is billions of years old or being sarcastic, which causes doubt on 6days statement that we KNOW we are the only intelligent beings in the universe. I can live with either interpretation.

StanJ

So you are either acknowledging the universe is billions of years old or being sarcastic, which causes doubt on 6days statement that we KNOW we are the only intelligent beings in the universe. I can live with either interpretation.

I was also gonna say duck, but apparently I didn't need to worry.

6days

DavisBJ said:
6days said:
As I previously said...I don't know if it refers to expansion, but it may. It certainly is one possible explanation why we see galaxies that are 18 billion light years away.

By your statement that “It certainly is one possible explanation why we see galaxies that are 18 billion light years away”, you are either acknowledging the universe is that old, or you must have a rational alternate explanation for how the light got to us from 18 billion ly away.
You seem to have no problem accepting the "magical balloon" explanation.

I have no problem accepting that "in the beginning" God created stars on day 4 that Adam could see 2 days later.

I don't know if God literally stretched out the heavens faster than the speed of light... Quite possible.

Another possible answer to distant starlight may be that the one way speed of light may be almost instantaneous... a "convention".

DavisBJ said:
6days said:
… We both speculate about the beginning.

But your “speculation” is about a Biblical passage that has been studied for 3 or so millennia. Your own chosen way to speak of that Biblical passage – as speculation - pretty much means it has never been clearly discerned what was actually meant.
False... The Bible does provide some definite details and not others. We can speculate on things like distant starlight. You also can speculate on the "magical balloon" hypothesis.

DavisBJ said:
I would trash any math text with that degree of ambiguity in it.
Great.... You are just like Biblical creationists then!! :)

Ha... We aren't talking math... We are discussing our beliefs about our origins.

DavisBJ said:
6days said:
… BTW...Is.45:12 is only one of several references to the heavens being stretched. Here is a few more but not all.

Is. 40:22 ...*the circle of the earth...stretcheth out the heavens

Isaiah 42:5...created the heavens, and stretched them out

Jeremiah 10:12...stretched out the heavens by his discretion.

Job 9:8"spreadeth out the heavens

Job 26:7Hestretcheth out the north over the empty place, [and] hangeth the earth upon nothing.

Psalms 104:2 stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:

Zechariah 12:1 stretcheth forth the heavens …

Thanks, but unless you are willing to declare a lot more definitively what these really mean in cosmology than you have so far, then there are creation myths from other religions with more credibility to them.
As explained earlier..... a believer doesn't need to know if the universe is expanding to know that verse is telling us of an omnipotent Creator. The verses may, or may not refer to creation and expansion.

DavisBJ said:
6days said:
… It was mentioned to say that both evolutionists and Biblical creationists have explanations that rely on apriori beliefs. You might believe that in less than a quadrillionth of a second the universe 'exploded' like a magic balloon and faster than the speed of light. I believe "In the beginning, God created"

Your explanation: "In the beginning, God created" is little more than a statement of faith in the fundamentalist interpretation of the Genesis account.

It is a statement of faith but consistent with science and logic.

DavisBJ said:
By comparison, scientific cosmology is an active field in which our “a priori beliefs” are rigorously subjected to ongoing studies and experiments to help see where weaknesses in our preconceptions are.
Nope..... The scientific method is performed in the present doing repeatable experiments. We can't observe God creating... We can't observe a quantum fluctuation creating everything from nothing. We can't observe a 'hot, dense soup of matter and energy—went through a burst of expansion faster than the speed of light. Like a magical balloon, the cosmos doubled its size 60 times in a span of 10 to the -32*seconds. This phase, known as inflation, ended well before the universe was even a second old."
http://news.sciencemag.org/physics/2...flation-theory

The most scientific and logical explanation is that "In the beginning God..."

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
DavisBJ & Michael 6-24-2015

DavisBJ & Michael 6-24-2015

I thought the summary article that Michael posted was informative and interesting. I certainly did not see it as trying to prove that Titan is just like the earth. The article was quite specific in identifying those aspects of Titan in which it is uniquely similar to earth.

But alas, in your hands as a dedicated YEC, the article turns into the core of an attack on evolutionists and the apparent dishonesty of scientists for not emphasizing the ways Titan differs from the earth. Do you ever read an article like that and appreciate it for just what it actually said, or do you feel an obligation to leverage whatever anti-evolution mileage you can out of every article?

Dear DavisBJ,

Good to hear from you finally!! It's been a while. Well, Davis, I didn't mean to speak any anti-evolution spews or attacks. I did appreciate the article or I would not have posted it to share with my friends here, you included. I thought you might like it and The Barbarian too. You're both good scientists. But no, I was not against the article. It's just they start on {in the article} saying how similar Titan is to the Earth, then they later turn the vise and reveal that the moon is poisonous with methane gas, etc. That's what surprised me. I thought they had lakes frozen over into water ice. I didn't expect that it was methane. Should have known. Hey, where you been keeping yourself. I do miss you when you're gone too long, dude! Well, thanks for now. You take good care of yourself and keep in touch!!

Many Blessings And Cheerio!!

Michael

:cheers: :singer: :cloud9: :angel: :guitar:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Hi Michael. :wave:

Shingles are long overlapping planks, but my roof has overlapping roof tiles.

Hey Alwight!!! My Good Buddy!!! Overlapping roof tiles here are called Shingles. The other roofs are called Adobe roofs which have ceramic tiles in them. They are hard to explain, though I tried earlier. I do hope you get a good, strong storm there soon to test things, but I really think it's going to be alright!

Whoever wrote Revelation must have been living near a rather plentiful supply of magic mushrooms if you ask me Michael.
Supposedly a John of Patmos right?
:plain:

I know. You'd think that John had a pretty good buzz on, until the angel visits you and explains all of the secret sentences, and then it ALL makes sense. My Proof Pages help explain and prove some of it. I could explain more about it. There's very few parts that I don't understand. I know that book {Revelations} and Daniel pretty well, though Daniel is quite difficult at times. I can't say I understand all of it, but most, yes.

Now they are quite parabolic {both Books}, but still fact-based. You just don't understand them, just like I don't understand black hole back doors and holograms. I wish I knew what all that was about. Looks like we're going to see "Jurassic World" tomorrow in 3D. We have free passes to it. I think they give you these 3D glasses to wear. It's going to be awesome. More up my alley. I want to see Poltergeist soon, also. That will be next. Well, Al, such a pleasure rapping with you!! Will talk again soon!!

Always Such A Pleasure,

Michael

:cheers: :cloud9: :cloud9: :angel: :angel:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
and we know this because we have been able to check the entire universe. Must be hidden in the creation science archive at Liberty University.

Dear Jonahdog,

We don't KNOW this. We SURMISE this with Faith helping us.

Tons Of God's Love For You,

Michael

:guitar: :angel: :angel: :rapture:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We know this for the same reason that scientists KNOW the universe is 13 billion years old.

Dear StanJ,

YOU TELL HIM!! Wonderful Answer!! Good to have you back again. I've been hoping!! You are really good at them zingers!! Yeah, I hardly believe this Universe is 13 billion years old either! I think that Satan would have us believe that, but, No Way!! He's really good at confusing people. Well, you take care of yourself and don't be a stranger!!

Tons Of Love Coming Your Way!!

Michael

:cloud9: :cloud9: :thumb: :rapture: :angel: :angel:

StanJ

Dear StanJ,

YOU TELL HIM!! Wonderful Answer!! Good to have you back again. I've been hoping!! You are really good at them zingers!! Yeah, I hardly believe this Universe is 13 billion years old either! I think that Satan would have us believe that, but, No Way!! He's really good at confusing people. Well, you take care of yourself and don't be a stranger!!

Tons Of Love Coming Your Way!!

Michael

Like I said Michael, I am keeping an eye out here and like to interject periodically when I can.

:cool:

everready

God can stretch out the heavens faster than the speed of light he can do it in the twinkling of an eye.

I Corinthians 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

or you can believe the god of science.

everready

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Regarding Is 45:12:

But your “speculation” is about a Biblical passage that has been studied for 3 or so millennia. Your own chosen way to speak of that Biblical passage – as speculation - pretty much means it has never been clearly discerned what was actually meant. I would trash any math text with that degree of ambiguity in it.

Your explanation: "In the beginning, God created" is little more than a statement of faith in the fundamentalist interpretation of the Genesis account. It has been pretty sterile at being amenable to scientific verification. By comparison, scientific cosmology is an active field in which our “a priori beliefs” are rigorously subjected to ongoing studies and experiments to help see where weaknesses in our preconceptions are. Hardly the same as just saying “Goddidit”.

Dear Davis,

But the fact remains, in many instances, God Did It! I'm not some YEC without hope. God has done immense things and created much. DavisBJ, didn't you have some Biblical training when you were younger? You are not that in the dark, right? I'm not trying to come against you in any way. Just letting you know that God Did It when it comes to creating the Earth and Universe, and mankind. All in the same week, dude. Not an easy feat, eh? But God Did It!

Michael

:cheers: :angel: :angel: :guitar: :singer: :cloud9:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Dear Jonahdog,

You are insinuating that 6days was being sarcastic. That's his business. But, all of the other 'intelligent beings' in the Universe are only God, Jesus, the Holy Ghost, angels, powers, etc. There are no other aliens dude. Oh yes, there are demons and a devil also, but I don't count them as 'intelligent' beings. But yep, that's it. The rest is all conjecture. Yes, I've seen a UFO and was marveled and excited, and then terrified, etc. But an angel later explained that, just as there were 'flying Chariots' in the sky when Jesus first came to Earth (when He was born), so now are there flying "objects"/UFOs in the heaven now. The first time, the Romans and Greeks started believing in other false gods like Zeus, Aphrodite, etc. and the devil is hoping this time to get us to believe we are descended from aliens. And that instead of God creating us, aliens did it. This is all just something that God is allowing the devil to do, like He did before Jesus was first born. Hope this helps!

Much Love, In Christ,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Like I said Michael, I am keeping an eye out here and like to interject periodically when I can.

:cool:

Dear StanJ,

I'm very glad the opportunity finally presented itself. Cool! You are most welcome here, brother!!

God Bless Your Heart And Soul,

Michael

:angel: :angel: :guitar: :singer: :cloud9: :cloud9:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
God can stretch out the heavens faster than the speed of light he can do it in the twinkling of an eye.

I Corinthians 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

or you can believe the god of science.

everready

Dear everready,

I'm sure you are right. God definitely can do that. I believe that is how it happens. God thought it and it existed/was. It would not surprise me if it were faster than the speed of light. Woe to those who put science before a life with Christ. Hopefully, that choice will be changed in just the nick of time. Jesus said, when He comes, those who call out His name, the same shall be saved. So there is hope for smart atheists who have a trusting heart. They are not so hard to find. I've found a number of them. It pleases God that none should perish. Who am I to disagree with Him. God bless you for bringing all of this up, everready!!

Much Love, In Christ,

Michael

:patrol: :angel: :angel: :guitar: :cloud9:

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned

Dear Jonahdog,

You are insinuating that 6days was being sarcastic. That's his business. But, all of the other 'intelligent beings' in the Universe are only God, Jesus, the Holy Ghost, angels, powers, etc. There are no other aliens dude. Oh yes, there are demons and a devil also, but I don't count them as 'intelligent' beings. But yep, that's it. The rest is all conjecture. Yes, I've seen a UFO and was marveled and excited, and then terrified, etc. But an angel later explained that, just as there were 'flying Chariots' in the sky when Jesus first came to Earth (when He was born), so now are there flying "objects"/UFOs in the heaven now. The first time, the Romans and Greeks started believing in other false gods like Zeus, Aphrodite, etc. and the devil is hoping this time to get us to believe we are descended from aliens. And that instead of God creating us, aliens did it. This is all just something that God is allowing the devil to do, like He did before Jesus was first born. Hope this helps!

Much Love, In Christ,

Michael

Michael, you certainly have good drugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.