X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MichaelCadry View Post
    Dear Noguru,

I'm not saying all scientific research is wrong. Give me a break. I'm quite familiar also with scientific research and also chemistry. I did quite well in chemistry as a matter of fact. Am just sharing my spiritual experiences too.

Michael
    I know exactly what you are saying. I don't give breaks whenever someone claims to have a solid grasp on reality. The proof is in the pudding my friend. We should all learn from you. Your are good example for me of what not to be. Your claims about "scientific research and also chemistry" are just that, your claims. You have provided no sound reasoning as to why I should accept your opinion on these matters.
    Militant Moderate

Comment

Dear Noguru,

I'm not saying all scientific research is wrong. Give me a break. I'm quite familiar also with scientific research and also chemistry. I did quite well in chemistry as a matter of fact. Am just sharing my spiritual experiences too.

Michael
      Then if you're so scientific savy, how about you explain endogenous retrovirus without resorting to the obvious common decent?

In your own time.
      Last edited by Hedshaker; September 2nd, 2013, 03:51 AM. Reason: Spelling
      I think it more interesting to be a Rising Ape than a Falling Angel - Terry Pratchet

---Science is the poetry of reality---

Plenty of things happen after you die but none of them will involve you.

Comment

• Dear Noguru,

Why should I care whether you accept my opinion of these matters. Are you conducting a survey. I don't care whether you believe me or not. I know what has happened to me and that is is real. That's all I need to know, to be honest. I can only tell you what I've witnessed, give you my testimony of it, and then I am done. It is in your corner to do with whatever you want to. You can heed me or you can ignore me, like hedshaker there.

Whatever,

Michael
        www.jesusreturningverysoon.com

Comment

• Dear hedshaker,

Endogenous retroviruses are endogenous viral elements that are derived from retroviruses, and they are abundant in the genomes of jawed vertebrates as a catalyst to prove evolution as a fact.

Why don't you instead tell me what pneumonaultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is. I really don't care if you can or not. It proves nothing. I've shared my experiences with you. If you don't care, then neither do I. Get thee behind me Satan! That's where you get your non-belief in God from.

MichaelC

Comment

• Dear Delmar,

Just wanted to let you know that the earth has been here a lot longer than that. You just got bad information. Look it up on your computer. Type 'Age of the Earth' in your browser or so and see what you come up with.

In Christ's Love and Concern,

MichaelC

Comment

Dear hedshaker,

Endogenous retroviruses are endogenous viral elements that are derived from retroviruses, and they are abundant in the genomes of jawed vertebrates as a catalyst to prove evolution as a fact.

Why don't you instead tell me what pneumonaultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is. I really don't care if you can or not. It proves nothing. I've shared my experiences with you. If you don't care, then neither do I. Get thee behind me Satan! That's where you get your non-belief in God from.

MichaelC
              If you are going to quote Wikipedia verbatim, it is usual to honestly give credit to the source of your plagiarism.

Endogenous retroviruses are endogenous viral elements that are derived from retroviruses, and they are abundant in the genomes of jawed vertebrates.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endogenous_retrovirus

Self appointed representative of the reality based community. [Send complaints to /dev/null.]

Comment

Dear hedshaker,

MichaelC
                You did exactly what I thought you would do and plagiarize from some wiki site

Please watch the video below and learn. You have no excuse. The internet and the libraries are bursting at the seams with genuine, scientific information on this subject. Read what the theist scientist Ken Miller has to say if you really want to know the truth. You do wan't to know the truth, right?

Endogenous Retroviruses and Evolution
                I think it more interesting to be a Rising Ape than a Falling Angel - Terry Pratchet

Comment

Dear Noguru,

Why should I care whether you accept my opinion of these matters. Are you conducting a survey. I don't care whether you believe me or not. I know what has happened to me and that is is real. That's all I need to know, to be honest. I can only tell you what I've witnessed, give you my testimony of it, and then I am done. It is in your corner to do with whatever you want to. You can heed me or you can ignore me, like hedshaker there.

Whatever,

Michael
                  Are you familiar with the term Confirmation Bias? It's about desperately clinging to anything we can find that might remotely confirm what we wish to be true. And it is one of the things the scientific method is designed to avoid and why science is by far the most successful endeavour in human history. Testimony and witnessing are fun an all but pale into insignificance next to hard, testable, falsifiable, peer reviewed evidence. Every time. Without exception.

Watch the Video and see for yourself what a crackpot your hero Ray (banana man) Comfort is.....:

Psychology of Belief. Confirmation Bias

Comment

Dear Noguru,

Whatever,

Michael
                    OK great. And my witness tells me you're wrong. You similarly can either heed or ignore my witness. It does not change the reality.
                    Militant Moderate

Comment

• Originally posted by Hedshaker View Post
                      Are you familiar with the term Confirmation Bias? It's about desperately clinging to anything we can find that might remotely confirm what we wish to be true. And it is one of the things the scientific method is designed to avoid and why science is by far the most successful endeavour in human history. Testimony and witnessing are fun an all but pale into insignificance next to hard, testable, falsifiable, peer reviewed evidence. Every time. Without exception.

Watch the Video and see for yourself what a crackpot your hero Ray (banana man) Comfort is.....:

Psychology of Belief. Confirmation Bias
                      I think it is apparent that MichaelCadry has Morton's Demon running around quite successfully in his head.
                      Militant Moderate

Comment

• Dear Noguru and hedshaker,

I really don't have time to watch and listen to your videos. I tried one, which said the virus couldn't reproduce, then later on it says it can, and blah, whatever. Whether the same virus can live in a human or a chimp doesn't impress me much. What impresses me much is the beautiful grandeur of God's Great Earth and it's creatures. Listen, I am a guy who was initially visited and spoke to by an angel. What do I care of your simple theatrics?? I am still in amazement at hearing and seeing an angel, that I could care less what you want me to listen to. This is what you give me after I have been visited by the Holy Spirit!! It's way too little, too late! I'd rather stick with God than your trivial videos. I would rather take some Comfort in Ray videos.

I really rather feel sorry for hedshaker existing without believing in any God, but noguru, you have no excuse. For shame!

In Christ's Love,

MichaelC

Comment

Dear Noguru and hedshaker,

I really don't have time to watch and listen to your videos. I tried one, which said the virus couldn't reproduce, then later on it says it can, and blah, whatever. Whether the same virus can live in a human or a chimp doesn't impress me much. What impresses me much is the beautiful grandeur of God's Great Earth and it's creatures. Listen, I am a guy who was initially visited and spoke to by an angel. What do I care of your simple theatrics?? I am still in amazement at hearing and seeing an angel, that I could care less what you want me to listen to. This is what you give me after I have been visited by the Holy Spirit!! It's way too little, too late! I'd rather stick with God than your trivial videos. I would rather take some Comfort in Ray videos.

I really rather feel sorry for hedshaker existing without believing in any God, but noguru, you have no excuse. For shame!

In Christ's Love,

MichaelC
                          Miacheal, it's really very simple. There is not one single shred of evidence for the existence of angels. You just saying your were visited by one does not prove to me, or any rational thinker, that anything of the sort really happened outside of your imagination. See: Occam's Razor. Either you saw a real angel or you imagined, dreamed, exaggerated the whole thing. What would you expect any self respecting sceptic to see as the most parsimonious?

And it's the same with gods. People are entitled to believe (by faith) whatever they see fit. Good luck to them, but by the same token others are free to be sceptical of their claims.

This is not the case with science, which relies on time honoured, meticulous principles that have been shown to work successfully. I see by the early part of your post you have not even given the evidence presented the time and effort it deserves. That's your loss. No one can say we haven't tried.

Therefore, I have no intention of wasting another moment of my time with you. You have been offered the education and rejected it out of some deluded notion that you cannot possibly be wrong about the science of evolution.

There is no cure for that. Enjoy your world
                          Last edited by Hedshaker; September 3rd, 2013, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Dear Noguru and hedshaker,

I really don't have time to watch and listen to your videos. I tried one, which said the virus couldn't reproduce, then later on it says it can, and blah, whatever.
                            You obviously have no interest in any real world science going by this hand waving dismissal.
                            If you did you would know that Viruses can only reproduce by infecting the cells of other organisms.
                            But I suspect you don't really want to know about real things when your imaginary things are rather nicer.

Comment

In Christ's Love,

MichaelC
                              Why should I make any excuses for accepting reality?
                              Militant Moderate

Comment

• Originally posted by alwight View Post
                                You obviously have no interest in any real world science going by this hand waving dismissal.
                                If you did you would know that Viruses can only reproduce by infecting the cells of other organisms.
                                But I suspect you don't really want to know about real things when your imaginary things are rather nicer.
                                Michael is attempting to appeal to our common theistic belief to try and campaign for his unsupported claims. I really find that kind of behavior quite disgusting. And it lowers his credibility in my eyes even further.
                                Militant Moderate

Comment

Working...
                                X