Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can anyone please give me proof that Jesus Christ is real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jjjg

The obscure was a screwup on my part, sorry.
    At least you are honest about that.
    www.revivaldisco.com

Proverb:3:13: Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.

1Co:2:10: But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
    1Co:2:11: For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

Proverb:12:15: The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.
    Proverb:12:16: A fool's wrath is presently known: but a prudent man covereth shame.
    Proverb:12:17: He that speaketh truth sheweth forth righteousness: but a false witness deceit.
    Evangelist c.moore

Comment

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/08375a.htm

Maybe you should actually read the link this time before writing it off first.
      This link provides info on the same secular historians you don't care about and marginalize (and to which there's already a response, see posts 219 & 221). Citing the Pauline epistles is circular reasoning; and on top of that Paul does not provide a bit of biographical information on Jesus.

Comment

• Well all right, keep the ten million! I just wanted some extra spending cash.

Comment

The whole point of this thread was if there was any writing outside of the Bible about Jesus and that is already proven, josephus excluded or not.
          I wonder if the whole point of this thread is to help C. Moore with his homework, provide his teacher with proof that Christ is real or provide the answers that C. Moore is searching for, because his faith is weak? Perhaps knowing the answer to that would help better direct responses.
          "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

Comment

• C.Moore, are you going to play your drums at your church revivals? If not can I have your drumset?

Comment

Well all right, keep the ten million! I just wanted some extra spending cash.
              At least try working for it!
              www.revivaldisco.com

Proverb:3:13: Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.

1Co:2:10: But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
              1Co:2:11: For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

Proverb:12:15: The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.
              Proverb:12:16: A fool's wrath is presently known: but a prudent man covereth shame.
              Proverb:12:17: He that speaketh truth sheweth forth righteousness: but a false witness deceit.
              Evangelist c.moore

Comment

• Originally posted by Aimiel

I wonder if the whole point of this thread is to help C. Moore with his homework, provide his teacher with proof that Christ is real or provide the answers that C. Moore is searching for, because his faith is weak? Perhaps knowing the answer to that would help better direct responses.
                did you see this?

http://www.infidels.org/library/hist...ally_live.html
                www.revivaldisco.com

Evangelist c.moore

Comment

C.Moore, are you going to play your drums at your church revivals? If not can I have your drumset?
                  I don`t think so.
                  I might just flow into vooodooo and need some drums.
                  Maybe it a way to raise the Zombies.
                  www.revivaldisco.com

Evangelist c.moore

Comment

• About the original question that started this thread....

All thoughout the Bible I have read it constantly speaks of faith. The Bible even defines faith as being the substance of things hoped for. Now if this is true then how can faith be required if things can be empirically proven true? Would not that be eliminating faith?

I can physically prove 2 + 2 = 4. Because of that I don't need faith to believe it. I know it, I don't believe it or have faith that it is true. The Bible says that one can only accept Jesus Christ by faith. I see nothing in the Bible about empirical proof. Everything I have seen in the Bible requires faith.

So then I ask, is it not a fool's mission to attempt to prove that which requires faith to believe in?

Comment

• Originally posted by gimp

About the original question that started this thread....

All thoughout the Bible I have read it constantly speaks of faith. The Bible even defines faith as being the substance of things hoped for. Now if this is true then how can faith be required if things can be empirically proven true? Would not that be eliminating faith?

I can physically prove 2 + 2 = 4. Because of that I don't need faith to believe it. I know it, I don't believe it or have faith that it is true. The Bible says that one can only accept Jesus Christ by faith. I see nothing in the Bible about empirical proof. Everything I have seen in the Bible requires faith.

So then I ask, is it not a fool's mission to attempt to prove that which requires faith to believe in?
                      There's a word for people who believe in things no one else can see, and trust in things that cannot be proven: delusion.

Comment

• Originally posted by c.moore

did you see this?

http://www...
                        Yes, I did. Is that your answer? Do you live now by sight? Is evidence your god? I don't understand, and just want to know: what is it that you believe? Where do you stand? Are we doing your homework, or just helping you to try to witness to a 'tough crowd' (your teacher)?

Did you see this?

www.jesusisreal.org

http://www.answersingenesis.org

Comment

• There's a word for people who believe in things no one else can see, and trust in things that cannot be proven: delusion.
                          So, are you saying then that anyone who has faith in anything is delusional?

To have faith in something means that you have seen evidence that you believe, but evidence does not equal empirical proof, and in the dictionary definitions of faith I see nothing said about empirical proof.

If your above statement were true would not delusion and faith be synonyms in the dictionary?

Comment

• I thank God that we have a more sure word of prophecy than any eyewitness account, whereunto we do well to take heed: The Holy Ghost, Who reveals The Truth to our hearts. He is Who shows us that God's Word is true. He is Who reveals The Truth to our hearts, when all our circumstances say otherwise. Thank God for His Presence in our lives!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by gimp

So, are you saying then that anyone who has faith in anything is delusional?

To have faith in something means that you have seen evidence that you believe, but evidence does not equal empirical proof, and in the dictionary definitions of faith I see nothing said about empirical proof.

If your above statement were true would not delusion and faith be synonyms in the dictionary?
                              I wouldn't write off faith of any kind as a delusion, no. Fantasy, yes. Maybe a self-delusion of some kind...

Comment

• C.Moore, about how much would a set like that cost?

Comment

Working...
                                X