Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
Knight:

Which TOL poster makes you laugh the most?

Which TOL poster do you want to ban, but won't because they haven't broken any rules?

Which poster has the most aliases?

Which poster gets reported the most, but not banned?

Figured I'd ask you some questions that you haven't answered yet in this thread, I hope.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Good Knight:

Probably a silly question, but how do I make my POTD choice into a link in the original thread that takes a person to the POTD thread itself? (I'm sure that was as clear as mud.)
After you post your POTD right click on the number at the top right of your opening post and click on "copy link location." After that go to your post in the original thread and paste the link there. If you want to do a hyperlink then highlight the text [or smiley] you want to use as the hyperlink, then click on the icon of the globe and chain link, a text window will open and you can paste the link there.:D

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Knight-
What subscriber level must one be at in order to edit the title of their own threads, so the edited version shows up on the main pages?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Knight-
What subscriber level must one be at in order to edit the title of their own threads, so the edited version shows up on the main pages?
Any level of subscriber can do that.

All you need to do is go to the forum that the thread is listed in. Looking at the list of threads in the forum (such as here) double click just to the right of the thread title in the list of thread titles, and it will become editable. Assuming of course that you were the one who started the thread. Then type in the new title and simply click somewhere outside the little editor window to save the changes. :up:

JoeyArnold

BANNED
Banned

All you need to do is go to the forum that the thread is listed in. Looking at the list of threads in the forum (such as here) double click just to the right of the thread title in the list of thread titles, and it will become editable. Assuming of course that you were the one who started the thread. Then type in the new title and simply click somewhere outside the little editor window to save the changes. :up:

Knight. I wasn't able to do that.

I tried editing the title to a thread I made. I went into the advance editing to the OP, the first post to the thread. When I changed the title, it changed the title to th OP, the first post of the thread, but it didn't actually change the name of the thread, itself. I could be wrong if it takes time for the whole entire thread to change it's name. Or there might be a time-limit on changing thread titles. You can change post titles.

But I wasn't able to change the name to the whole entire thread.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Knight. I wasn't able to do that.

I tried editing the title to a thread I made. I went into the advance editing to the OP, the first post to the thread. When I changed the title, it changed the title to th OP, the first post of the thread, but it didn't actually change the name of the thread, itself. I could be wrong if it takes time for the whole entire thread to change it's name. Or there might be a time-limit on changing thread titles. You can change post titles.

But I wasn't able to change the name to the whole entire thread.
That's because you are not a subscriber.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I don't have the ability to fix the title of my threads.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't have the ability to fix the title of my threads.
Did you try exactly how I described?

You can't do it on the home page, you can't do it on the active threads page. You must be on the forum page viewing the list of threads and then double click just to the right of your thread title.

If you still can't do it that way you are probably using Internet Explorer.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Did you try exactly how I described?

You can't do it on the home page, you can't do it on the active threads page. You must be on the forum page viewing the list of threads and then double click just to the right of your thread title.

If you still can't do it that way you are probably using Internet Explorer.

Tried again follwing the instructions. Still doesn't work. I can open and close the thread, but cannot edit the title.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

I'm having the same trouble as Inzl. I am using Firefox.

Status
Not open for further replies.