Did we re-evolve after the comet that killed all the dinosaurs?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
20-25% of the earth's dry surface disagrees with you.
That's very nice, Koban. Do you realise that if 75-80% of the Earth were under water then it is perfectly reasonable to assume that the rest of it was as well?

I notice you also failed to note that most metamorphic rock is of sedimentary origin.

I also notice you fail to acknowledge that most igneous rock formed through and displaced sedimentary rock.

But, hey, I'm a generous guy. I'm prepared to let you have 25%.

:chuckle:

koban

That's very nice, Koban. Do you realise that if 75-80% of the Earth were under water then it is perfectly reasonable to assume that the rest of it was as well?

I believe that's the current thinking.

I notice you also failed to note that most metamorphic rock is of sedimentary origin.

"Most"? :chuckle:

I also notice you fail to acknowledge that most igneous rock formed through and displaced sedimentary rock.

cite?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

koban

You already gave it. 75-80% of the Earth is covered in sedimentary rock. If we find igneous rocks they most likely displaced sedimentary rocks.

Why "most likely"?

Do we find sedimentary rock under igneous deposits? For example, the granite of the Canadian Shield? No, we don't.

griffinsavard

First, to assume that complex animals such as dinosaurs came from senseless and intentless evolutionary processes is not ignorance it is willful stupidity.

Second, to say that somehow a comet hit the earth and killed all of them and then evolution readjusted is vain speculation.

Evolution theory is a loop-hole for people to throw off their accountability to the Creator.

There is talk that the Dinosaurs evolved into the birds. This is an incredible feat for random mutations to accidentally make. Evolutionary theory makes something complex look simple. Simplifying the creation is the only thing that makes evolution even half plausible. Anyone who is willing to do the unbiased research should see that we live in a very complex SYSTEM that could of never come about through mindless evolution.

koban

First, to assume that complex animals such as dinosaurs came from senseless and intentless evolutionary processes is not ignorance it is willful stupidity.

Second, to say that somehow a comet hit the earth and killed all of them and then evolution readjusted is vain speculation.

Evolution theory is a loop-hole for people to throw off their accountability to the Creator.

There is talk that the Dinosaurs evolved into the birds. This is an incredible feat for random mutations to accidentally make. Evolutionary theory makes something complex look simple. Simplifying the creation is the only thing that makes evolution even half plausible. Anyone who is willing to do the unbiased research should see that we live in a very complex SYSTEM that could of never come about through mindless evolution.

Hey Griff, if that works for you then well and good.

dan1el

But saying “God did it” and ignoring the evidence, that's reasonable?

Feel free to elaborate.

Anyone can see that you haven't got a clue. Are you interested in actually learning something, or should we all just ignore you?

Neverfox

I'm not sure you fully appreciate the challenge. There are more dinosaurs than just the big lumbering ones that ate a forest a day. How did an asteroid manage to wipe out all the dinosaurs, including the tiny ones, without wiping out everything?

I'm not sure you fully appreciate my argument. I laid out several paragraphs about how large reptile could be affect while smaller animals which liekly included small reptiles given that we have reptiles today. Hello! Apprantenly you don't have birds in Taiwan. They are all direct descendents of dinosaurs that survived. And ever heard of crocs or alligators or snakes? I never said all dinosaurs were killed. Only that the extinct animals we find in the fossil record may have died while life continued in general. That was what this thread is about.

I stand amazed at the hand-holding that is necessary here.

Emanresu56

BANNED
Banned
First, to assume that complex animals such as dinosaurs came from senseless and intentless
evolutionary processes is not ignorance it is willful stupidity.

To assume that complex animals such as dinosaurs came from intelligent and intentful processes is nothing short of anthropomorphism.

Firstly, it wasn't a comet that hit the Earth, it was an asteroid. Comets are made mostly of ice, so the comet would've evaporated because of the heat of it burning through the atmosphere, thus not leaving the huge crater. Second, saying "evolution readjusted" is meaningless, since evolution is a constant process for life on Earth. Evolution always happens, regardless of whatever catastrophe may decrease the population of organisms on Earth.

A popular myth which is commonly being spread by Creationists. Only those who want conflict between evolution and "theism" are going to see how evolution and theism conflict.

You do not understand evolution. Evolution does not work purely through random mutations. There is natural selection, and, thus, there are selective pressures which allow for mutations. Considering the harsh, cold climate which pervaded the Earth following the asteroid impact, it's fairly easy to see what selective pressures were involved in dinosaurs evolving into birds.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why "most likely"?
Do we find sedimentary rock under igneous deposits? For example, the granite of the Canadian Shield? No, we don't.
:doh:
"Displaced" .. did you read and understand that word?

First of all, you're assuming there's "no dinosaurs left". We still have reptiles, lizards, birds, etc.
:rotfl: Yes, I am assuming there are no dinosaurs left. And :darwinsm: are you making up new evolutionary theories?

So .. we do agree with each other that an asteroid did not wipe out all the dinosaurs. You just don't want to agree with me for some reason. Right?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm not sure you fully appreciate my argument. I laid out several paragraphs about how large reptile could be affect while smaller animals which liekly included small reptiles given that we have reptiles today. Hello! Apprantenly you don't have birds in Taiwan. They are all direct descendents of dinosaurs that survived. And ever heard of crocs or alligators or snakes? I never said all dinosaurs were killed. Only that the extinct animals we find in the fossil record may have died while life continued in general. That was what this thread is about.

I stand amazed at the hand-holding that is necessary here.
And it is clear that you still do not understand the challenge. The challenge is that an asteroid could not have wiped out all the dinosaurs. Evolutionists must rely upon additional theories in order to explain reality.

Emanresu56

BANNED
Banned
And it is clear that you still do not understand the challenge. The challenge is that an asteroid could not have wiped out all the dinosaurs. Evolutionists must rely upon additional theories in order to explain reality.

You are quite wrong. This research says otherwise.

What would happen if a 10-kilometer-diameter asteroid penetrated Earth's crust at a speed of 15 to 20 kilometers per second? The kinetic energy of such an asteroid (more than 6 miles in diameter) would equal the energy of 300 million nuclear weapons and create temperatures hotter than on the sun's surface for several minutes. The expanding fireball of superheated air would immediately wipe out unprotected organisms near the impact and eventually lead to the extinction of many species worldwide.

Immediate effects would include an eardrum-puncturing sonic boom, intense blinding light, severe radiation burns, a crushing blast wave, lethal balls of hot glass, winds with speeds of hundreds of kilometers per hour, and flash fires. Longer-term effects would alter Earth's climate.

koban

:doh:
"Displaced" .. did you read and understand that word?

Displaced in what way? Where did it go? Do we find "displaced" sedimentary rock near the Canadian Shield or the Deccan Traps?

:rotfl: Yes, I am assuming there are no dinosaurs left. And :darwinsm: are you making up new evolutionary theories?

Nope, just telling you what current thinking is.

So .. we do agree with each other that an asteroid did not wipe out all the dinosaurs.

As that statement stands? Yes, we agree with each other. I doubt that we agree on much else.

koban

And it is clear that you still do not understand the challenge. The challenge is that an asteroid could not have wiped out all the dinosaurs.

Who claims that an asteroid wiped out all the dinosaurs? Certainly not current evolutionary thinking.

You having fun whacking that strawman, Stipe?