Sibbie's Pick for SPOTD 2-28-05

Status
Not open for further replies.

the Sibbie

Originally posted by erinmarie

Originally posted by october

erinmarie said
A lot of people tell me that. You're right...I shouldn't complain. God made it happen. So many unplanned ones....God must have some sort of plan. I just wish I knew why....I'm not a big baby person...but I love kids....just older ones. And babies are cute and fun; I can just do without some of the baby "stuff." It's some of the baby "stuff" that I complain about. Didn't mean to give the wrong impression, erin.

October, there's no reason for your unplanned pregnancies other than lack of birth control.

Same for me, except I thought I could never carry another baby to term, and have lost a few precious babies in the interim. I'm sure God didn't "plan" for me to go through that pain. But he certainly didn't plan for my husband and I to use abortive methods of birth control either.

Sometimes I'm afraid that men like you don't appreciate the gifts you are given just because it's hard work. Just like you think your wife shouldn't labor in pain. If it wasn't hard and painful, would it be as much of a challenge, a great obstacle to overcome and succeed at? I look at my long pregnancies, where I am on bedrest and on medication to stop the early birth of my baby, and I look forward to the challenge of labor. I work hard at birthing, and think I deserve the accolades I've recieved for such a positive birthing experience. I birthed my ten pound second daughter with no medication and had her delivered within 15 minutes of hitting 10 cm. And although all women may not have the ability of doing it that quickly, they should, however, be willing to try!

Aside from that, babies are hard work. But they're only babies for a short time, and then you'll look back on that time for the rest of your life and wonder what happened? Why was I so stressed all the time? Why was I constantly conmplaining? Maybe you need to work on being more positive in general. You're not young anymore!!! My father had three children by 29, a successful career, a huge home he owned on his own, and he worked very very hard for it all. We should all strive for excellence in the most positive way we can! Try it out!

My husband is an educated, exceptional man, in a low paying job....Actually two low paying jobs. And I'm not complaining. He works very hard, and I know one day he will succeed in accessing his goals, positivity will only lead to more positivity.

I'm proud of men like Billybob, who work long hours and make money for his family. You never hear him complaining! What about Knight? He has 7 children!!!! And I've never heard him once complain about it!

There are many people on the earth and on this message board that can never have children of their own. I'm sure they cringe everytime they hear someone talking about the unplanned pregnancies that they just can't handle. It makes me sad to think of not being pregnant with the little baby that's worked so hard to hold on in my womb these past 7 months. I will appreciate every whine, cry, poopy diaper, late night feeding and all the money we spend on the precious angel God has blessed us with.

:first: :BRAVO:

CONTEXT

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's an awesome pick!

the Sibbie

My favorite part:

Originally posted by erinmarie

Sometimes I'm afraid that men like you don't appreciate the gifts you are given just because it's hard work. Just like you think your wife shouldn't labor in pain. If it wasn't hard and painful, would it be as much of a challenge, a great obstacle to overcome and succeed at? I look at my long pregnancies, where I am on bedrest and on medication to stop the early birth of my baby, and I look forward to the challenge of labor. I work hard at birthing, and think I deserve the accolades I've recieved for such a positive birthing experience. I birthed my ten pound second daughter with no medication and had her delivered within 15 minutes of hitting 10 cm. And although all women may not have the ability of doing it that quickly, they should, however, be willing to try!
Sounds like a motivational acceptance speech at the Oscar's! :chuckle:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Wow!
Truly an outstanding post and an even more outstanding attitude on life.
The world needs more people like erinmarie!

erinmarie

AWWW!!! Thank You Frank and Clete! I just woke up a little bit ago and read this and it's already made my day!

Status
Not open for further replies.