Paul Person Robert Pate with my Post of the Day

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Trying to be holy is the same thing as being under the law. I was always trying to be a fit vessel. I was told that the Lord could not use me if I was not a fit vessel. The law promotes sin, Romans 7:8. What I didn't know is that I was already a fit vessel "In Christ". They didn't tell me that.

The teaching is anti-Christ and anti-Gospel we never become fit vessels. You are right when you say that holiness and righteousness are done out of a heart of thanksgiving and gratitude for what Christ has done for us. We do it because we love him, not to be accepted. We are already accepted "In Christ". We have the same Spirit.

From his thread about the works crowd, and living the Christian life.

:first:

Well done, and spot on correct. Paul emphasized this often. People create an impossible standard they can not live up to, and it is a false gospel.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I should point out Bob Hill wrote a nice piece some time back called something like "You can't live the Christian life". You can't. Even the Lord Jesus Christ said he can't do anything without the Father. And he has now told us our flesh is dead because of sin. Do not regard it when judging righteousness.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Quick apology. Paul person and member of the Body of Christ. Sorry about that.