• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kett's POTD 2-20-11

Originally posted by chatmaggot
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Colossians
    ...God doesn’t do anything: He simply is.

Interesting. You believe in a God that doesn't do anything. You believe in a God that can't create despite the Bible telling us that...

Genesis 1:1

Quote:
    In the beginning God created...

Quote:
    ...He doesn’t talk:...

Odd you would say that since the Bible tells us that...

Genesis 1:3,6,9,14,20,24,29

Quote:
    Then God said,...

Genesis 3:9

Quote:
    Then the LORD God called to Adam and said to him,...

etc...

This is too easy.

Quote:
    The point is that, whatever we do, we do as a result of being inside His being, and therefore all our life’s events are necessarily determined, not by what He does, but simply by virtue of our existing within, and therefore not-independently from, His ‘anatomical’ constitution.

That is a huge "and therefore" leap. Crazy.

You believe in a God that doesn't do anything and can't (not doesn't but can't) react to man.

I know of something else that doesn't do anything and can't react to man. A rock.

You worship a rock.
    Chatmaggot refutes the incomprehensible theology of the member Colossians. His following posts in the thread are wonderful addendums to this post. I am still trying to figure out if Colossians is a Calvinist or a Armenian. I am thinking Calvinist.

Good Job chatmaggot.

June is Gay Pride Month.Tolerance and diversity? ☞ More like tolerate perversity.☠

Sweet!
    fidelis usque ad mortem

Comment

What a great post, big CM!
      Funny how threads morph.

For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." ~ Paul

"You should never wave to someone you don't know. What if he doesn't have a hand? Then he'll just think you're being cocky!" ~Mitch Hedberg

__.._

Comment

Good job CM. koloshuns is too arrogant to realize how stupid he sounds to anyone who has read the bible, or reads at all.
        Marge: "Aren't you going to give him the last rites?"
        Rev. Lovejoy: "That's Catholic, Marge - you might as well ask me to do a voodoo dance."

"Oh bother" said Pooh, as he chambered the next round.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I knew a good one when I saw it. Congrats.

June is Gay Pride Month.Tolerance and diversity? ☞ More like tolerate perversity.☠

Comment

Originally posted by Vaquero45 View Post
            Good job CM. koloshuns is too arrogant to realize how stupid he sounds to anyone who has read the bible, or reads at all.
            Indubitably.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X