Your opinion on God’s Law.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The commandment to love in the law was fear based and nothing like the 'agape' love of Christ in the NT.

Because of sin, Christ gave the law through Moses to his people to guide them in living righteous lives.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
There is no 'Law' anymore. The Mosaic Law is defunct. It served its purpose and has been superceded effectively by the 'Law' of Christ.

The Pharisees turned the Mosaic Law into a joke. They never worshipped nor taught in the 'spirit' of the Law but rather taught the letter of the Law adding many unscriptural laws and traditions that were cumbersome for the Israselites to observe. Thus the Pharisees with their man made intepretations trivialised the law of God which was a law of love.
The laws intent was never to point out who and who were not sinners. It was there to provide council and guidance so the Israelites could remain a consecrated and holy people before God setting an example for the surrounding nations.
Faithful Abraham, Job, Enoch, Noah, Jacob, Issac etc all were men of faith who as according to Paul lived according to the 'Law' and yet none of those men had the Mosaic Law to observe. Thus the theme we see throughout the scriptures is obedience to God brings blessings. We see this in the history of the Jews when they were obedient as well as Jesus sentiments in the Greek Scriptures at Matthew 23:23 "but you have disregarded the weightier matters of the Law, namely, justice and mercy and faithfulness".

The law of Christ is mentioned twice in the scriptures. The Law of Moses, as far as I can tell from scripture, does not have an end in that it is eternal or everlasting or God's word forever.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The last verse refutes everything you said, lol.

WE ARE NOT UNDER THE LAW!

If I am saying we as Christians are not under the Law, and I am, that does not refute anything I have said. I don't know what you are seeing that you think I am not seeing.

Epoisses

If I am saying we as Christians are not under the Law, and I am, that does not refute anything I have said. I don't know what you are seeing that you think I am not seeing.

You're talking out of both sides of your mouth Jacob. We are either under the law (governed by it) or we are not. Christians who are under grace are guided by the Holy Spirit. The Spirit of truth tells us right from wrong making the law with the written code obsolete.

Epoisses

Read the Torah. Read Hebrews. Read Jeremiah before Hebrews. There is a new covenant not like the old.

Yes the new covenant of grace has replaced the covenant of law. For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You're talking out of both sides of you mount Jacob. We are either under the law (governed by it) or we are not. Christians we are under grace are guided by the Holy Spirit. The Spirit of truth tells us right from wrong making the law with the written code obsolete.

What is becoming obsolete? Was it becoming obsolete before Christ (see Jeremiah, interpret reading Hebrews) but it is no longer becoming obsolete. That is the question with this verse in Hebrews.

We live by the Spirit and we are not under the Law. That does not abolish the Law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes the new covenant of grace has replaced the covenant of law. For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

The Law of Moses is God's instruction to the nation of Israel through the prophet Moses. The whole world is accountable to God by it.

What do you mean when you say the new covenant of grace has replaced the covenant of law? What new covenant of grace, and why do you say the covenant of law or that the covenant of law has been replaced? What covenant of law?

The Law of Moses corresponds to the old covenant, the covenant God made with the nation of Israel.

Epoisses

We live by the Spirit and we are not under the Law. That does not abolish the Law.
If I open my bible today the law (5 books of Moses) are still there but they have been fulfilled by Christ. Jesus fulfilled every type and shadow of the law so he has control now not the law.

In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away. Heb. 8:13

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If I open my bible today the law (5 books of Moses) are still there but they have been fulfilled by Christ. Jesus fulfilled every type and shadow of the law so he has control now not the law.

In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away. Heb. 8:13

Do you remember that the fault was not with the Law but with the people who broke it?

Epoisses

The Law of Moses is God's instruction to the nation of Israel through the prophet Moses. The whole world is accountable to God by it.

I'm not going to debate ad nauseam with a law monger. If you want to keep the law go keep it, maybe you'll learn something.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I'm not going to debate ad nauseam with a law monger. If you want to keep the law go keep it, maybe you'll learn something.

I have been keeping God's Law and I don't see how anyone would ever say there is anything wrong doing so. I am not under the Law. I don't know what you mean by law monger. I hope you don't have anything against God's Law.

Epoisses

Do you remember that the fault was not with the Law but with the people who broke it?
The law was faulty and the writer of Hebrews says this over and over. It could not remove sin so it was imperfect. The new or better covenant can remove all sin so it is superior.

Epoisses

I have been keeping God's Law and I don't see how anyone would ever say there is anything wrong doing so. I am not under the Law. I don't know what you mean by law monger. I hope you don't have anything against God's Law.

You don't keep the law. You're not Jewish, there is no temple anymore and no priesthood. The law revolved around the temple and sacrificial offering - are you even aware of that?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The law was faulty and the writer of Hebrews says this over and over. It could not remove sin so it was imperfect. The new or better covenant can remove all sin so it is superior.

Jeremiah 31:31-32 NASB - 31 "Behold, days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them," declares the LORD.

The Law of Moses is the Law of God. There is nothing wrong with God's Law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You don't keep the law. You're not Jewish, there is no temple anymore and no priesthood. The law revolved around the temple and sacrificial offering - are you even aware of that?

I am both Jewish and Christian, by choice. I am a Christian, a new covenant believer, and I practice Jewish things (such as the Ten Commandments, eating kosher foods, observing the feasts and holy days of Torah, etc...). I have learned much from obeying God's commands found in the covenant God made with the nation of Israel through the prophet Moses.

Jesus is my Lord. I obey God and Jesus. Jesus observed and taught the Law. He did not come to abolish the Law or the Prophets, but to fulfill.