Your opinion on God’s Law.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
But you are to obey God. The question is if this includes obedience to the law.

So speak and so do as those who will be judged by the law of liberty. (James 2:12)​

The Law of Liberty is a perfect law.

But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does. (James 1:25)​

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
So speak and so do as those who will be judged by the law of liberty. (James 2:12)​

But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does. (James 1:25)​

I acknowledge there is a law of liberty and that I should be obedient to God.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

James 1:11 KJV -

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes. You have this flawed idea that there is something YOU DO.

Galatians 3:3 KJV -
Not for salvation, but in obedience yes there is something I do. Obedience is action, something you do. That is why good and correct thinking is important. Works that God has for you to do. And think on the things God wants you to think on. This is something else you can do. So there is thinking in obedience to God and external action (that which you do which, or that, is outside of you). May you do good works that benefit others for the kingdom of God.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Not for salvation, but in obedience yes there is something I do. Obedience is action, something you do. That is why good and correct thinking is important. Works that God has for you to do. And think on the things God wants you to think on. This is something else you can do. So there is thinking in obedience to God and external action (that which you do which, or that, is outside of you). May you do good works that benefit others for the kingdom of God.

OK, at least you know your works are not for salvation. Keep up the good works and keep obeying !

Epoisses

Your opinion on God’s Law. Do you believe God’s Law is only for pointing out sin in a person’s life so that they can understand their need for a Savior and be saved by God and Jesus? Or, do you believe God’s Law is also to be obeyed, or is also for our obedience?

Yes God's law of love is to be obeyed.

Epoisses

If you have been brought to Christ you are no longer under the tutor of the law. (If you have been brought to Christ you have been saved by Christ.) But you are to obey God. The question is if this includes obedience to the law. The question is not if salvation is by works or obedience.

We are to obey the Spirit of the law which is God's love written in the heart not the old form of the letter or commandments.

Epoisses

You need to obey the gospel and you're not 'doing' that.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
We are to obey the Spirit of the law which is God's love written in the heart not the old form of the letter or commandments.

I know about the Spirit of God but I don't know that I can find the spirit of the law idea in scripture.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes God's law of love is to be obeyed.

The Law is about love of God and love of our neighbor, our fellow man. Jesus taught this, teaching the same. To obey God's command to love is important for each and every one of us. I don't know what you mean by law of love.

Epoisses

The Law is about love of God and love of our neighbor, our fellow man. Jesus taught this, teaching the same. To obey God's command to love is important for each and every one of us. I don't know what you mean by law of love.

Love is the new and greatest commandment, the Spirit of the law and the royal law of scripture. Love is the spiritual law that all Christians obey. No love means you're not a Christian. Rejecting God's love to go back to the old covenant means you're not a Christian. Paul said that those who trust in the works of the law are fallen from grace.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Rejecting God's love to go back to the old covenant means you're not a Christian. Paul said that those who trust in the works of the law are fallen from grace.

If by "old covenant" you mean the covenant God made with Israel through Moses, it no longer exists.

There are no works of a law that no longer exists.