Your opinion on God’s Law.

Aletheiophile

If you speak against God's law, you are fighting against God and Jesus.

You have to understand what law is. Law is the distribution of God's righteousness. It was never about doing. Always about the character of righteousness, the disposition of the heart. His law is given in Christ. There is no need to perform it.

Our works are only ever in Christ, according to Christ. Not our own.

Aletheiophile

why do you make it like something mysterious?

Jesus made it clear, love God and love one another.

It is mysterious...that is the mystery revealed, as Paul writes. The Mystery revealed is Christ, the Logos incarnate, died and resurrected that we might know the Father. Pretty awesome mystery. The Law and Prophets and message of Christ is summer up in that. Not a mystery. Very clear.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Why? Isn't Yeshua enough for her?...or you?...or anyone?

Jesus (it's unnecessary to strictly call Him "Yeshua") commissioned Paul on the Damascus Road and the Spirit gave us much of the NT canon through Paul, so I'd say that's an authentic and compelling endorsement.

Paul was in Christ. Why is that not enough for her?...or you?...or anyone? Gentiles wouldn't have the gospel if not for Paul. God sent Him to them, which is us (the Gentiles).

Aletheiophile

Why? Isn't Yeshua enough for her?...or you?...or anyone?

I never said otherwise. But the crux is the presuppositions of Christ brought to the table. Is he merely a teacher and example? Is He a law giver? Or is He the Logos of God incarnate, by whose death and resurrection we are reconciled with God? If the former, than go ahead and forsake Paul. But that is not even how Christ represent Himself, nor how the gospel writers represent Him. Paul simply, eloquently, and beautiful explains the gospel of Christ. The Revelation of Christ given to Paul is a simple tool for those in Christ, a record of the testimony and witness of Christ.

Of course Jesus, Yeshua, is enough. But who is this Messiah? And how do we know Him?

IMJerusha

Jesus (it's unnecessary to strictly call Him "Yeshua")

Agreed.

...commissioned Paul on the Damascus Road and the Spirit gave us much of the NT canon through Paul, so I'd say that's an authentic and compelling endorsement.

I agree with this as well, however, Paul would be the first to tell us (and he did) that he didn't die for us, Yeshua did. It is through Yeshua that we have life, not through Paul, so there is no need to feel sorry for one who clings solely to Him.

Paul was in Christ. Why is that not enough for her?

I can't speak to that. I do know, however, that Yeshua is enough.

...or you?
Me? I have no complaint with Paul other than he made things difficult for some to understand but Peter felt the same way. I figure we'll get it all straight when we gather at the Lord's table.

...or anyone?

My mention of "anyone" was in the context of Yeshua, not Paul, my point being that one need not ever read one single word of Paul's in order to know and love Yeshua.

Gentiles wouldn't have the gospel if not for Paul.

Perhaps you should read John 10 or consider the fact that Yeshua proclaimed salvation to anyone who had ears to hear and would listen.

God sent Him to them, which is us (the Gentiles).

You are aware that, according to Scripture, God chose His people from among Gentiles? Gentiles are unbelievers. There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding about that.