You deserve this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:doh:
You are the most persistent down syndrome sufferer I have ever met.

Let's go over this again:

Matthew 19:9
"I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery."

The man can divorce under the condition that his wife commits adultery.
A woman cannot.

Let it sink in nice and slow. The entire Bible is a patriarchal teaching, woman were not seen as rightfully being able to divorce men.
No matter how hard you want to try, you cannot deny what the bible says here:

Mark 10 KJV
(12) And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.​

Which makes this statement of yours ....
Women aren't allowed to divorce their husbands in the Bible.
....absolutely WRONG.

So, sit down, eat your crow, and stop being such a whining sore loser.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Says the guy who made this claim:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3972476&postcount=304

Or maybe they simply see that the Bible, from Exodus to Leviticus and so on, outright treat fetuses and infants as property and that it makes no sense biblically that one should come to the idea that it's murder.

You all would do so very well to know this; it has nothing to do with liberal bishops, just the honest concession of the holy books. I mean, abortion being murder is a made up right winger claim; it doesn't exist in Abrahamic religion! Even right now, a Muslim will honor kill a pregnant woman and a few thousand years ago, an infant didn't stack up to the price of a camel.

You all pretend that the older days were all roses and honey; it was not, even within the religion of God. If it wasn't murder then, it is not murder now, and that is that.
There is one thing I side with atheists on, and it's the Christians way of putting forward the positives and not the militant. One doesn't want to expose the more gritty side of the Old Testament and the ordinances on abortion is a perfect example

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
No matter how hard you want to try, you cannot deny what the bible says here:

Mark 10 KJV
(12) And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.​

Which makes this statement of yours .... ....absolutely WRONG.

So, sit down, eat your crow, and stop being such a whining sore loser.

That he is. He's what they call a "ninny." Short for nincompoop.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

"I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery."

A woman cannot.

Let it sink in nice and slow. The entire Bible is a patriarchal teaching, woman were not seen as rightfully being able to divorce men.

You're not as smart as you think you aren't.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
OR .... when someone is outright wrong, tell them.
You were outright wrong to say that women aren't allowed to divorce their husbands in the bible.

Here it is again:

Mark 10 KJV

The bible proves you wrong.

We'll watch you stumble around some more while you eat crow.
[
/QUOTE]

What's he gonna do with all those feathers? Perhaps, make a pillow?

elohiym

A woman cannot.

A Jewish woman could request a divorce, i.e. move the court to compel her husband, or compel her husband to divorce her by various lawful means. In that sense, women could put away their husbands under Jewish law. Roman women had the right to unilateral divorce. God ordains civil magistrates who make and uphold divorce laws (Romans 13:1-7). Tambora has shown you what the Lord said.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
A Jewish woman could request a divorce, i.e. move the court, or compel her husband to divorce her by various lawful means. In that sense, women could put away their husbands under Jewish law. Roman women had the right to unilateral divorce. God ordains civil magistrates who make and uphold divorce laws (Romans 13:1-7).

For one, Romans 13 does not mean what you or many others think it means. Why don't you try reading some good commentary sometime.

Two, it's not hard to see that you are simply trying to make it seem as if a wife can legitimately divorce her husband.
Seriously, it's desperate. New world revision, trying to force secular law as being kosher :chuckle:

elohiym

For one, Romans 13 does not mean what you or many others think it means.

A vacuous argument.

Two, it's not hard to see that you are simply trying to make it seem as if a wife can legitimately divorce her husband.

You present marriage as bondage for women.

1 Corinthians 7:15 Yet if the unbelieving one leaves, let him leave; the brother or the sister is not under bondage in such cases,

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
A vacuous argument.

What, that the verse is irrelevant because it does not mean what you think it means- that a good commentary would shed light on that fact?

That verse is used to justify every single thing made legal in secular law- because some people think it means what it doesn't.

You present marriage as bondage for women.

1 Corinthians 7:15 Yet if the unbelieving one leaves, let him leave; the brother or the sister is not under bondage in such cases,

Has everything to do with a person marrying someone who is not Christian or of another faith- and nothing to do with this discussion.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
and nothing to do with this discussion.
Sure it does.
You're the one that made this asinine statement:
Women aren't allowed to divorce their husbands in the Bible.

Just get it over with and admit your statement was wrong, as you have clearly been shown.

You are not going to fall over dead just because this statement of yours was proven wrong.
You'll be alright.

Or .... continue to look foolish and we will just laugh at your biblical ignorance.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Sure it does.
You're the one that made this asinine statement:

Just get it over with and admit your statement was wrong, as you have clearly been shown.

You are not going to fall over dead just because this statement of yours was proven wrong.
You'll be alright.

Or .... continue to look foolish and we will just laugh at your biblical ignorance.

I proved you wrong, don't sit there and be a false claiming little liar.

You are sitting here pretending that it isn't the case, but all I gotta do is say
POST #209
anyone who looks at it can say "Wow, Tambora's a big ol tool".

Why you and certain other females do this so often on here, I certainly know. I know the type. And because I know is why I don't really take these discussions with you few but so seriously. There's a reason why you few are so defensive over these sort of discussions.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Saw Tambora reading the Bible.

paris+hilton+read+book+upside+down.jpg

1PeaceMaker

This is actually reasonable, with exceptions. No wife or husband should be expected to consent to a practice that is harmful to the children OR to themselves.

That's where trust is essential. Even when a household of divided faith is in question, they must agree to live together peaceably, or else it's not a marriage but a war. And we are to flee persecution. Matt 10:23

Monetary issues is one of the biggest problems couples have. They can range from being overly cheap to overspending to such an extent that it hurts the family.

As long as the problems we speak of do not rise to the level of domestic persecution, I think we can see a way around even those kinds of headaches. But it takes a tender heart. We all need to be sensitive, forgiving and merciful in marriage, no matter how good we have it. :)

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Why would you post something like that?

Because you like to post lies about how somebody is wrong when they earlier on in the thread had proven you wrong. It's a cheap tactic- all I got to do is type POST #209.

And also
You basically tried to conflict scripture against scripture. As if on purpose. It would actually be better for you if it weren't on purpose, and that's why I posted what I posted.

:wave:

Arthur Brain

Because you like to post lies about how somebody is wrong when they earlier on in the thread had proven you wrong. It's a cheap tactic- all I got to do is type POST #209.

And also
You basically tried to conflict scripture against scripture. As if on purpose. It would actually be better for you if it weren't on purpose, and that's why I posted what I posted.

:wave:

Have you got a thing for Paris Hilton or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.