Will Trump Improve USA?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I can't learn anything else about the candidates for the next four months?
Nothing that you need to know in order to make this decision, no. This is not complicated or difficult in any way.

I'm not kidding! If you have no more discernment than it takes to make this decision then you have no business participating in anything as important as a presidential election. Please stay home!

I refuse to be willfully ignorant.
This sentiment doesn't fit. Ignorance is not your problem.

You can't fix stupid.

And what a foolish comment you've made. Neglecting to vote is no favor. The best "favor" I could do for the whole country is to vote for the better candidate.
Which you have no ability to determine one way or the other! You may as well flip a coin.

If you get it right, it'll be blind luck. STAY HOME! You're as likely as not to contribute to your own destruction if you don't.

glassjester

Nothing that you need to know in order to make this decision, no. This is not complicated or difficult in any way.

If the choice is as clear as you say, then why do so many people disagree?

I'm not kidding! If you have no more discernment than it takes to make this decision then you have no business participating in anything as important as a presidential election. Please stay home!

What's the cutoff point? 6 months before the general election? 10 months? Obviously 4 months is too late, according to you.

So at what point in time must I have made up my mind, in order for you think that I ought to vote?

This sentiment doesn't fit. Ignorance is not your problem.

You can't fix stupid.

You obviously know more than I do about the candidates, for your choice to be so clear.
Why can't you share that knowledge with me, so that I might make an equally informed choice?
Is it wrong for me to want that?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
No matter who wins, we lose.

This, of course, depends on one's perspective but it is also no longer relevant.

The fact is that one or the other, Trump or Clinton, is going to be the next President of the United States.

It is at this point a binary decision. It is A or B. There is no option C. Any vote for a third party is no vote at all.

If you believe that both candidates are bad, you have to decide whether you are going to vote for the better or the worse or not at all.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
If the choice is as clear as you say, then why do so many people disagree?
Some people are less wise than others - many by a lot!

What's the cutoff point? 6 months before the general election? 10 months? Obviously 4 months is too late, according to you.
It isn't about a time deadline. This question demonstrates my point nicely.

You have no discernment. You cannot understand what this country is supposed to be about and are part of the problem.

So at what point in time must I have made up my mind, in order for you think that I ought to vote?
Your decision should have been made the moment the primary was effectively over.

You obviously know more than I do about the candidates, for your choice to be so clear.
Why can't you share that knowledge with me, so that I might make an equally informed choice?
Is it wrong for me to want that?
Yes, it would be wrong for you to want that.

You have no business getting within a mile of a voting booth until you learn how to think and acquire some understanding of what the premise of this country is.

I AM NOT JOKING. Please just sit this one out. Sit back and watch it on T.V. or just go find something with which to destract yourself while the adults in the room make the important decisions.

glassjester

I AM NOT JOKING. Please just sit this one out. Sit back and watch it on T.V. or just go find something with which to destract yourself while the adults in the room make the important decisions.

Should I vote for Trump?

It's "distract," by the way. :)

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Should I vote for Trump?

It's "distract," by the way. :)

It has been stated numerous times on TOL that individuals should vote their conscience and "voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil". Your conscience needs to guide you .... what everyone else thinks is nothing more than static noise.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
It has been stated numerous times on TOL that individuals should vote their conscience and "voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil". Your conscience needs to guide you .... what everyone else thinks is nothing more than static noise.

It has also been stated numerous times on TOL that voting for a third party nobody is a wasted vote, and actually helps the worser of the two evils. So if you are a conservative and you vote for some pinhead outsider, you are only helping Hillary. That is an absolute metaphysical FACT. So tell THAT to your "conscience".

Hillary%2Bthe%2BLiar1.jpg

40+years+of.jpg

glassjester

Voting based on conscience and voting based on what others tell you, are not mutually exclusive.

Surely everyone, except those that personally know the candidates, will vote based on how others have portrayed the candidates.

So I am interested in what others think, and how they came to those conclusions.

Clete says I should not vote. I suspect he would prefer that a vote for a particular candidate, rather than not vote at all. I'd like to know which candidate that is, and why.

He does not wish to tell me.
Sadly, his unwillingness to explain his position is not at all uncommon.
Most people I talk to refuse to explain why I should vote for a particular candidate.
And the thing is, I genuinely want to know.

Don't get me wrong. I will still vote according to my conscience, but I do need information in order to make that choice.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Voting based on conscience and voting based on what others tell you, are not mutually exclusive.

Surely everyone, except those that personally know the candidates, will vote based on how others have portrayed the candidates.

So I am interested in what others think, and how they came to those conclusions.

I have based my decision to not vote for Trump on his past and current life and behavior. He does not stand for "conservative, family values" He isn't even anti-abortion ... which means he is using the blood of unborn babies as a bargaining chip. It's disgusting. The comments and accusations he has made against his opponents show his as a no-class, lying fraud and basically ... a despicable human being. For so long, the extreme right has been throwing out the mantra of "electing moral leaders with family values". The fact that Trump is a thrice married adulterer tells us that electing moral leaders no longer applies.

Then comes the claims of "he is a business man". So we wish to have Trump run America as he has run his past businesses?
http://content.time.com/time/specials/packages/completelist/0,29569,2068227,00.html
Trumped

Clete says I should not vote. I suspect he would prefer that a vote for a particular candidate, rather than not vote at all. I'd like to know which candidate that is, and why.

Those who suggest or urge others not to vote should apply that standard to themselves. It shows the fact that they do not value the rights and freedoms of anyone who doesn't think just like they do.

He does not wish to tell me.
The thing is, his unwillingness to explain his position is not at all uncommon.
Most people I talk to refuse to explain why I should vote for a particular candidate.
And the thing is, I genuinely want to know.

IF they refuse to explain why, it's obviously a gut reaction which suggests that they do not have valid reasons. On my part, I am unwilling to pretend Trump is a good man who will treat a bunch of unknowns better than he has treated his past employees and wives.

Don't get me wrong. I will still vote according to my conscience, but I do need information in order to make that choice.

No worries. The very fact that you are looking at the facts and flaws of all the candidates and are unwilling to be belittled and bullied into voting for someone makes it clear that YOU are exactly the type of voter whose vote is beneficial in the election.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
It has also been stated numerous times on TOL that voting for a third party nobody is a wasted vote, and actually helps the worser of the two evils. So if you are a conservative and you vote for some pinhead outsider, you are only helping Hillary. That is an absolute metaphysical FACT. So tell THAT to your "conscience".
This is true.
Yes, it is very true. The others here won't admit it because if they did they would have to admit to their hypocrisy.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
And if everyone who ought to vote has already made up his mind, then why are the candidates still campaigning?

Because stupid people are unfortunately allowed to cast ballots.

This should be the easiest political decision anyone has ever made.

If it isn't, there are only two possibilities.

1. You aren't paying attention and haven't been for decades.
2. You're stupid.

Either way, you should stay away from the voting booth.