Why would God need a hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
How could God have a hell in eternity, and his kingdom not be considered a kingdom divided against itself?

"Mk 3:20–30. Jesus is charged with madness and demoniacal possession--his reply (Mt 12:22–37; Lu 11:14–26)." Jamieson, R., Fausset, A. R., & Brown, D. (1997). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (Vol. 2, p. 68). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

Mickiel

The Christian hell would have to be a place of unclean spirits; now the Christians want us to believe that God would create a zoo of unclean spirits and let it thrive in eternity.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...[T]he Christians want us to believe that God would create a zoo of unclean spirits and let it thrive in eternity.

No unclean thing will be permitted to live with him in heaven (Eph. 5:5). Believers are described as wearing white garments (a picture of holiness [Jn 4:35, Re 3:4, 6:11]). Too bad you never got yourself one (
fly2.gif
a picture of the defiled [Jud 13]). :granite:

"Too bad." ~ Seth Brundle, The Fly

"Is 52:1. strength—as thy adornment; answering to “beautiful garments” in the parallel clause. Arouse thyself from dejection and assume confidence.

the holy city—(Ne 11:1; Rev 21:2).

no more … unclean—(Is 35:8; 60:21; Joe 3:17; Rev 21:27). A prophecy never yet fulfilled.

uncircumcised—spiritually (Ez 44:9; Ac 7:51)." Jamieson, R., Fausset, A. R., & Brown, D. (1997). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (Vol. 1, p. 489). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

Mickiel

How could God have a hell and we not consider that hell as more powerful than him? After all, if the Christian hell were true, then it will have stolen millions of humans from God. It would force God to herd humans into a cattle like place and punish them for not being righteous enough; for not being saved by Christ.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
How could God have a hell and we not consider that hell as more powerful than him? After all, if the Christian hell were true, then it will have stolen millions of humans from God. It would force God to herd humans into a cattle like place and punish them for not being righteous enough; for not being saved by Christ.
God is the creator (Is. 40:28). Hell is his creation (Matt. 25:41). You disrespect him (Rom. 1:25).

Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it (Mt 7:13–14).

"Responsibility—accountability for one’s actions:

Shifting of, by: blaming another (Gen. 3:12), claiming innocency (Matt. 27:24), blaming a people (Ex. 32:21–24)...

Is increased by: sight (John 9:39–41), privilege (John 15:22, 24), opportunity (Matt. 11:20–24), continuance in sin (Matt. 23:31–35), rejection (Matt. 10:11–15). Thomas Nelson Publishers. (1996). Nelson’s quick reference topical Bible index (p. 529). Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers.

Mickiel

How could a human mind stay sane after being continually punished for 77 million years straight?

How could a human survive after being tortured for 9 billion years in a row?

Why would God punish me for 100 trillion years , and then keep doing it?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
How could a human mind stay sane after being continually punished for 77 million years straight?

How could a human survive after being tortured for 9 billion years in a row?

Why would God punish me for 100 trillion years , and then keep doing it?
You're already evil--but we ain't seen nothin' yet. :reals:

"Sinners who go to hell never repent...They continue to rebel. Every description of hell indicates to us that it is...not a remedial experience. It is not remedial justice. It is retributive justice. They remain God-haters forever so that the punishment never catches up with the sin...

In hell they continue to hate God. In hell they continue to curse God. In hell they continue to mock God and blaspheme God and hate Christ. So the punishment never catches up to the sin because the sinning never, ever, ever ceases....

...People don’t go to hell and then never sin forever and just get punished forever. They go to hell and keep on sinning forever, so the punishment can never catch up with the wretchedness. That is why the Bible in Mark 3 describes this as eternal sin...as eternal sin.

...I believe that sinners are more sinful in hell than they were on earth because their sin on earth is mitigated to some degree, necessarily mitigated. Everybody can’t be as wicked as he would choose to be here because there are consequences. There are restraints. There are expectations. But in hell, there are none. Everybody is as evil as he can be..." Full text: The Truth About Hell by John MacArthur

Mickiel

Why would God punish me for ten thousand years, then cause me to hurt for another 82 thousand years, because I am a sinner? Just because I don't believe in God, why would he hurt me for 444 million years, then punish me another 852 billion years, and then keep hurting me for another 7 thousand years, and then not stop, but actually cause me pain for another 299 trillion years, then hurt me another 4 thousand years, and then tell me its never ever going to end, just because I rejected him for 70 human years.

This is how psycho Christians want us to believe God is.

Mickiel

because you're an obsessive retard?

Because you have insulted my personage like this, I will no longer respond to you. That makes you the third Christian on this thread that I have to ignore because they choose to attack my personage in a disrespectful manner. An interesting common pattern.

Hey, why would God need a hell, why would he erect an eternal monument to sin? Why give sin and evil eternity, when he is going to will it out of existence. Why don't you give God credit for having a mind and common sense. Why should he keep things he does not like, around for eternity?

If eternal hell is the only just punishment for sin (and totally eliminating the sinner from existence is not an appropriate just punishment) then keeping hell around is not a monument to sin, it is a monument to God's perfect justice.

Mickiel

If eternal hell is the only just punishment for sin (and totally eliminating the sinner from existence is not an appropriate just punishment) then keeping hell around is not a monument to sin, it is a monument to God's perfect justice.

It would be a monument to insanity. If God has such a problem with a human not believing in him that he would punish them alive forever , then the world of reality is being ruled by insanity.

Krsto

God doesn't. Men do. A man who rejects God needs a place to go to be away from the God he hates. I don't know the full answer, we know it exists, Jesus spoke about it, and did not shy from its existence.

He spoke about it as part of a fable much like one of our local pastors speaks about Star Wars in his sermons. We all know it's fiction and Jesus' audience all knew the Fable of Lazarus and the Rich Man was a fable because, well, they just knew it.

Mickiel

He spoke about it as part of a fable much like one of our local pastors speaks about Star Wars in his sermons. We all know it's fiction and Jesus' audience all knew the Fable of Lazarus and the Rich Man was a fable because, well, they just knew it.

Of course eternal human punishing is a fable, God is not unstable, Christian understanding is what is unstable. Something is wrong with a mind that believes God will hurt humans continually forever and ever and ever and never stop hurting them. But that is how STRONG deception is; the seduction of the Christian mind is the strongest deception that I have ever seen. When something can make you believe that the Merciful Forgiving God of Grace will actually punish humans for 999,999,999 trillion years and more;

you got a serious problem.

Something has perverted the real God in your eyes.

Mickiel

In Revelations 21:4 God reveals there will be no Christian hell. God teaches that there will be NO MORE crying , sorrow or pain! He said those things will PASS AWAY! If these Christians were right, and hell will exist, then God must remove this promise from the bible, because that means there will ALWAYS be crying, pain and sorrow in eternity.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
In Revelations 21:4 God reveals there will be no Christian hell.

right - there will be no Christian hell in the new heaven and the new earth

which is kinda like saying there will be no hot dogs in the package of hamburger you just bought

Mickiel

Believers who believe in eternal hell punishing , just don't know God or the bible. In Gal. 5:22-23 is the most complete description of God that I think is in scripture. The fruit of the spirit ARE the ways and means of God. God IS Love, Joy, Peace, Longsuffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith ,Meekness and Temperance. Everything God does is based on these ways. All of God's thinking is based on these means , these fruit. And the Christian hell is the complete opposite of all those fruit.

If you want to know how God really is , then look at these fruit. These fruit are WHY the Christian hell will not exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.