serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Hey, hay is for horses (Eph 4:14).
nonono.gif

[Micah 7:18]
God will forgive Israel.
hvxbmAAQVDOcBo7mbf8V.gif

"Mic 7:18 — Who is a God like You, pardoning iniquity and passing over the transgression of the remnant of His heritage?

God was never under any obligation to forgive our sins or pardon our iniquity. We do not deserve His mercy. But He loves us and so sent His Son to die for our sins. Who, indeed, is a God like that?" Stanley, C. F. (2005). The Charles F. Stanley life principles Bible: New King James Version (Mic 7:18). Nashville, TN: Nelson Bibles.

Mickiel

Hey, why would God need a hell, when he could use that space for a place of amusement? You know, like a park in heaven, or a place of Joy in space?

Why waste space?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Rev.21:4

How could a place of eternal crying, pain and sorrow exist, if God has stated it will pass away?
And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away (emphasis mine, Re 21:3–4).

Mickiel

Hey, why would God need a hell, when Jesus has a serious habit of not loosing any sheep?

Why not just give all the rotten dirty sinners to Jesus , let him do his saving thing, and lets not have a Christian place of eternal hurting of humans.

Mickiel

Hey why would God make an eternal monument out of sin? No, that would be too stupid, and God is not stupid.

Mickiel

Hey, why would God need a hell, why would he erect an eternal monument to sin? Why give sin and evil eternity, when he is going to will it out of existence. Why don't you give God credit for having a mind and common sense. Why should he keep things he does not like, around for eternity?

LightSon

Mickiel,
You pose many good questions; all the while you disavow Christianity yet honor the scriptures. There are over 7 billion people on our planet, one third of which could loosely be labeled “Christian”. Yet you won’t have any of it? You are all alone. I don’t agree that everybody who claims the label “Christian” is one. Nor do I allow that anyone who eschews Christianity (as you do) is approved of God. I’m trying to classify you, we often do that using labels. The alternative is for me to reinvent the wheel by scrutinizing the individual beliefs of 7 billion people. I don’t have time for that. Help me out. So that I know you aren’t a whack job, answer me this. What must I do to be saved?

Mickiel

Mickiel,
You pose many good questions; all the while you disavow Christianity yet honor the scriptures. There are over 7 billion people on our planet, one third of which could loosely be labeled “Christian”. Yet you won’t have any of it? You are all alone. I don’t agree that everybody who claims the label “Christian” is one. Nor do I allow that anyone who eschews Christianity (as you do) is approved of God. I’m trying to classify you, we often do that using labels. The alternative is for me to reinvent the wheel by scrutinizing the individual beliefs of 7 billion people. I don’t have time for that. Help me out. So that I know you aren’t a whack job, answer me this. What must I do to be saved?

Well you can just go ahead and put me in the whack job area, because I believe that you, or anyone, don't have to " Do" anything to be saved, I believe Jesus and God " Did" that for you already. You see, I have looked at the scriptures, and what I see is an absolutely free salvation that is an inheritance; and one that the individual does not have to " Accept." Its theirs, and if they don't take it, God will make them receive it. This is what I see in scripture, and I have posted those scriptures. Salvation cannot be earned, no matter what a human " Does." We can't bargain with God, we can't live our lives and be so righteous, as if we leave God no choice but to reward " Our goodness" with salvation; we can't manipulate God, we can't make ourselves worthy;

you can't DO anything!

And you don't need to do anything. You don't need to be crucified. You don't need to be beaten. You don't need to die. All that got done for you. You can't study enough, you can't be good enough, you can't be righteous enough, you can't be religious enough.

You can't;

God can!

And he has! He has done it already for us all. Because he loves us all, and he has what it takes to save us all.

So just go ahead and count me as whack.

Mickiel

Oh yes, God will force himself on humanity, and make them all see it his way. Oh I know Christianity teaches that God does not force himself on people, that he allows them to choose; that's a bunch of biblical baloney! The book of Revelations is full of the force God will use, and its right there for anyone to read, believers just don't read, they would rather a religion teach them.

When God returns, the world is NOT going to accept him with open arms; HELLO! READ! God is going to FORCE humanity into his Kingdom! God is going to FORCE his Kingdom on earth!

God is not a pacifist where salvation is concerned.

God is going to start killing people when he returns! And he is going to begin by killing one third of all humanity! That is NOT a choice! That is NOT free will being offered! Christianity does not know what it is talking about.

Mickiel

and you think all those people He kills will receive salvation? :kookoo:

Yes I do. Lets just speculate that God returns tomorrow. There are now over 7 billion on earth. That means God will kill at least 2.2 billion of them, Rev. 9:18. And I think ALL of them will be innocent. I mean, what is their crime? God already knows they are innocent; they don't know what they are doing. They won't know what's going on, they all have been deceived by satan and religion; they all have the mark of the beast, a deceived consciousness. They all will be saved. God is not a mass murderer, he kills for one reason; to give a better life!

Mickiel

that's a real nice fairy tale you've created there :first:

The bible speaks of a time coming that men will think the truth is a lie.

They will have been fed so many lies, that the truth will seem like a fairy tale ; Jer.16:19, " Surely our fathers have inherited lies."

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
The bible speaks of a time coming that men will think the truth is a lie.

They will have been fed so many lies, that the truth will seem like a fairy tale ; Jer.16:19, " Surely our fathers have inherited lies."

of course, you're blind to the fact that the "truth" you've created is a lie

meh

doesn't bother me

believe any silly old thing you like :idunno:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Hey, why would God need a hell, when Jesus has a serious habit of not loosing any sheep?
You aren't his sheep. You are a wolf (Mt 7:15).

Now in this wonderful parable we see the first picture, that of a lost sheep.

And he spake this parable unto them, saying,

What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.

And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.

I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance [Luke 15:3–7].

"The shepherd in this parable is the Great Shepherd, Jesus Christ. We are the sheep. He had one hundred sheep, and one of them got lost. Frankly, that would be a pretty good percentage, to start out with one hundred sheep and end up with ninety–nine. This Shepherd, however, would not be satisfied with just ninety–nine sheep. When one sheep got lost, He went out and looked for it. When He found it, He put it on His shoulders, the place of strength. He is able to save to the uttermost. The high priest of the children of Israel wore an ephod. On the shoulders of the ephod were two stones. On them were engraved the names of the twelve tribes—six tribes on one stone and six on the other. The high priest carried the children of Israel on his shoulders. Our great High Priest carries us on His shoulders, and we will not become lost. When He starts out with one hundred sheep, He will come through with one hundred sheep—not ninety–nine. This is a picture of the Lord Jesus Christ out looking for those who are His own." McGee, J. V. (1991). Thru the Bible commentary: The Gospels (Luke) (electronic ed., Vol. 37, pp. 185–186). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Jer.16:19]

"Jer. 16:19. In his cry to the Lord: My strength … in the day of trouble, which agrees closely with Ps. 28:8; 59:17; 18:3, Jeremiah utters not merely his own feelings, but those which would animate every member of his people. In the time of need the powerlessness of the idols to help, and so their vanity, becomes apparent. Trouble therefore drives to God, the Almighty Lord and Ruler of the world, and forces to bend under His power. The coming tribulation is to have this fruit not only in the case of the Israelites, but also in that of the heathen nations, so that they shall see the vanity of the idolatry they have inherited from their fathers, and be converted to the Lord, the only true God. How this knowledge is to be awakened in the heathen, Jeremiah does not disclose; but it may be gathered from v. 15, from the deliverance of Israel, there announced, out of the heathen lands into which they had been cast forth. By this deliverance the heathen will be made aware both of the almighty power of the God of Israel and of the nothingness of their own gods. On הֶבֶל cf. 2:5; and with “none that profiteth,” cf. 2:8; 14:22. In v. 20 the prophet confirms what the heathen have been saying. The question has a negative force, as is clear from the second clause. In v. 21 we have the Lord’s answer to the prophets’ confession in v. 19. Since the Jews are so blinded that they prefer vain idols to the living God, He will this time so show them His hand and His strength in that foretold chastisement, that they shall know His name, i.e., know that He alone is God in deed and in truth. Cf. Ezek. 12:15, Ex. 3:14." Keil, C. F., & Delitzsch, F. (1996). Commentary on the Old Testament (Vol. 8, pp. 170–171). Peabody, MA: Hendrickson.

Mickiel

What do you mean? If they were innocent then they would surely not be destroyed. God doesn't kill innocents.

Think about this. Remember Sodom and Gomorrah? Of course you do - God told that holy man that he would surely not destroy the city for the sake of one righteous person after he protested. He protested many times till God said that. But as it stood no one righteous was in there and they were all destroyed as they were all evil.

God's plagues he has in mind for revelations aren't for Gods children but for the children of the world who refuse God.

You need to stop spinning tales and putting your own feelings into scripture. Scripture says one thing and it does in no way imply what you are.

I know this is hard for your condemning mindset to understand, because your so used to condemning people. In one sense we all are guilty before God, yes; but in another, this world and its people really are deceived, and THAT is WHY they reject God. And God knows that. When they were killing Jesus, he asked God to forgive them because " They know not what they are doing." The men KNEW they were killing Jesus, they knew that, so what did Jesus mean? He meant the men were deceived into being how they were.

And what Jesus said then, still applies to men today; they still don't know what they are doing, they are literally " Killing themselves." And they still NEED God to forgive them; and God will; Christianity just does not believe God will forgive them. But their lives are not in the hands of Christian belief.

Status
Not open for further replies.