Why would God need a hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickiel

I see things in scripture totally different than Christians do. In example, most Christians believe in the Trinity; I don't. I don't know where they are getting this Trinity belief, because they are not getting it from the bible. The term" Trinity", does not exist in scripture, the favorite Christian slogan " The Triune God" is nowhere in scripture, there are absolutely zero scriptures that prove God is a Trinity, they use superficial scriptures to sedate their large desire for it to be true. And there are over 200 scriptures that clearly call God " One", not this strange three. So I have seen Christianity create doctrines without biblical support. They do it all the time. Like Tithing, there are absolutely no New Testament scriptures to support Tithing-- none! Those churches did NOT do it, but Christianity has manipulated Old Testament scriptures in order to create the illusion of a doctrine.

These are called " Mythical Doctrines."

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I don't agree with Richard Dawkins on many things, but I agree that teaching children about eternal hell punishing is child abuse.
Ac 20:20 :poly:

"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.” ~ Ronald Reagan

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I have no religion, I belong to no group...

May I play your Lefty theme song? Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10

whistle.png

Imagine :zman: ~ John Lennon

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
freedom of choice only goes so far?

freedom of choice only goes so far?

There is no way to avoid the charge of cherry picking. You can use 1,000 scriptures, as I have in this thread, and people will still accuse you of doing it. The bible can just be interpreted in more than just one direction; so the verses are just there to pick. It depends on how they are picked and why. Because the fruit is understood differently.

Indeed,...all are members of the 'cherry pickers club' :crackup:

Just as in the area of free will, God is understood differently. In my view, God does not " Highly respect free will"; that is an illusion. In my understanding God couldcareless about human will. He is the type of being that his will gets done, he does not give choices. This is the God I see in the bible, free will is an illusion.

'Free will' is a big subject. If it is an 'illusion', its an illusion assumed in both religious writings and human experience. Why then is 'choice' freely presented in the Bible and even affirmed by God in the scritpures? Would God propose a choice in any matter if no choice was possible? If there is no 'freedom of choice', this puts the character of God in and the very dynamic of 'relationship' in question, and even the principle of a 'covenant'....since a 'covenant' is an agreement, a co-operative union between 2 persons or parties. While aspects of 'free will' may be illusory and our 'freedom of choice' is obviously limited by some factors (situation, circumstance, environment, possibility of options, etc.)...it would appear that there is some degree or actual 'freedom of choice' available at any juncture in time....no? To bring it to practical level,...you believe you have no choice thru-out your day among many options but you're every move is predetermined by God or some invisible Master Controller? Do you have 'free will' to read and respond to this post, in any number of possible ways, according to your own discretion? Do you have freedom of choice in your daily routine of life now? If so, why not in the future?

Furthermore, since you've indicated you're not sure God is in your life or if you even know God,...you're assuming that 'God' is going to FORCE himself on you at some future time when the fullness of the Restoration of all things comes into being, is this correct? So based on a few passages of 'reconciliation' God will in some future point of time become "all in all", so that only the glory of the consciousness of God and his infinite allness will be all-encompassing, and all creation will be baptized into that full Christ-consciousness. Am I getting warm? - one thing however that I don't resonate with is a concept of 'coercion' or 'force',...since I see love not operating that way, however when love wholly reigns and is fully revealed,...its own glorious power will hold. In the full revelation of Love's power and presence, that very law or principle in and of itself will be all-sufficient.

Mickiel

Indeed,...all are members of the 'cherry pickers club' :crackup:

'Free will' is a big subject. If it is an 'illusion', its an illusion assumed in both religious writings and human experience. Why then is 'choice' freely presented in the Bible and even affirmed by God in the scritpures? Would God propose a choice in any matter if no choice was possible? If there is no 'freedom of choice', this puts the character of God in and the very dynamic of 'relationship' in question, and even the principle of a 'covenant'....since a 'covenant' is an agreement, a co-operative union between 2 persons or parties. While aspects of 'free will' may be illusory and our 'freedom of choice' is obviously limited by some factors (situation, circumstance, environment, possibility of options, etc.)...it would appear that there is some degree or actual 'freedom of choice' available at any juncture in time....no? To bring it to practical level,...you believe you have no choice thru-out your day among many options but you're every move is predetermined by God or some invisible Master Controller? Do you have 'free will' to read and respond to this post, in any number of possible ways, according to your own discretion? Do you have freedom of choice in your daily routine of life now? If so, why not in the future?

Furthermore, since you've indicated you're not sure God is in your life or if you even know God,...you're assuming that 'God' is going to FORCE himself on you at some future time when the fullness of the Restoration of all things comes into being, is this correct? So based on a few passages of 'reconciliation' God will in some future point of time become "all in all", so that only the glory of the consciousness of God and his infinite allness will be all-encompassing, and all creation will be baptized into that full Christ-consciousness. Am I getting warm? - one thing however that I don't resonate with is a concept of 'coercion' or 'force',...since I see love not operating that way, however when love wholly reigns and is fully revealed,...its own glorious power will hold. In the full revelation of Love's power and presence, that very law or principle in and of itself will be all-sufficient.

Choice is never affirmed by God in any scripture I have read. Free will is a will that can decide things, unaffected by other influences; there is no such thing in human life. Humans are influenced by so many outside forces, its impossible for them to even have a free will. Free will is just another piece of candy that humanity is addicted to. Its a crutch that people need to believe , or they could not think and walk.

musterion

Choice is never affirmed by God in any scripture I have read.

Then you have not read Scripture.

God taking vengeance in flaming fire upon those who REFUSE to receive a love of the truth for one.

Christ warning His hearers to CHOOSE, "Repent or ye must perish" for another.

God lamenting the many times Israel CHOSE to disobey Him and go whoring after false gods, for yet another.

Many, many more can be listed.

Free will is a will that can decide things, unaffected by other influences; there is no such thing in human life.

If there is no such thing as free will, why does a just, holy God who does not lie hold people eternally responsible for that which they chose to do with His Son; i.e., reject Him? If they have no free will then His condemnation of them is a hypocritical sham and a lie. The only way He can justly condemn unbelief AS unbelief is if the individual had the actual free will ability to choose as they did. There is no alternative, at least not if you claim to believe the Bible.

Mickiel

Then you have not read Scripture.

God taking vengeance in flaming fire upon those who REFUSE to receive a love of the truth for one.

Christ warning His hearers to CHOOSE, "Repent or ye must perish" for another.

God lamenting the many times Israel CHOSE to disobey Him and go whoring after false gods, for yet another.

Many, many more can be listed.

If there is no such thing as free will, why does a just, holy God who does not lie hold people eternally responsible for that which they chose to do with His Son; i.e., reject Him? If they have no free will then His condemnation of them is a hypocritical sham and a lie. The only way He can justly condemn unbelief AS unbelief is if the individual had the actual free will ability to choose as they did. There is no alternative, at least not if you claim to believe the Bible.

There is nothing I can do with your mindset; I already know that ; the Christian understanding is seared. God nowhere in scripture gives human's a choice to do things his way ; in fact, God never has asked ANY of his creations to choose his way verses another way. There are no biblical verses that teach God is a God of choice; its all a Christian fantasy. Just like free will is a Christian illusion, the bible does not teach free will. The bible teaches that God's will be done- period! It does not teach God giving his servants or even Jesus, some free will to decide things his way or not.

musterion

God nowhere in scripture gives human's a choice to do things his way ; in fact, God never has asked ANY of his creations to choose his way verses another way.

I just gave you three examples. Why have you ignored them?

There are no biblical verses that teach God is a God of choice; its all a Christian fantasy.

Just like free will is a Christian illusion, the bible does not teach free will.

The bible teaches that God's will be done- period! It does not teach God giving his servants or even Jesus, some free will to decide things his way or not.

Mickiel

?

You have not given me three biblical scriptures that show God is a God of choice. And you can't, because there are none. There are absolutely no biblical scriptures that teach God or Christ revealing their Kingdom to be one of choice , as if you only get in if you choose to get in. Choice has absolutely nothing to do with the salvation of humanity. That is a Christian teaching, not a biblical fact.

musterion

You have not given me three biblical scriptures that show God is a God of choice.

That is not the point you raised at first. What you FIRST asked for was about human free will, not about God Himself. THIS is what you said:

Choice is never affirmed by God in any scripture I have read. Free will is a will that can decide things, unaffected by other influences; there is no such thing in human life. Humans are influenced by so many outside forces, its impossible for them to even have a free will. Free will is just another piece of candy that humanity is addicted to. Its a crutch that people need to believe , or they could not think and walk.

Now you're moving your goal post to somehow make it about God so you can avoid addressing where the Bible shows God addressing the human power of free will choice, which He has given us.

You are a liar and a deceiver, or you are senile.

Mickiel

That is not the point you raised at first. What you FIRST asked for was about human free will, not about God Himself. THIS is what you said:

Now you're moving your goal post to somehow make it about God so you can avoid addressing where the Bible shows God addressing the human power of free will choice, which He has given us.

You are a liar and a deceiver, or you are senile.

I was talking about both topics of free will and God and choice; I am not a liar and I don't like being called one. I don't like being called senile and I am insulted by you calling me a deceiver; I am done addressing you, because I do not like talking with people who do me like that so disrespectfully.

Peace on your journey.

musterion

You're still dead wrong. God warned Adam about the tree. God appealed to Cain not to sin. Christ gave the choice "Repent or perish." That proves from Adam on, we all have had free will. When you say man has no free will, YOU say that God's Word is a book of lies.

Mickiel

Why would God need a hell, when no power can pluck humans out of God's hand to put them in a hell? John 10:29.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Why would God need a hell, when no power can pluck humans out of God's hand to put them in a hell? John 10:29.
That's right. Those who hear and trust and believe, cannot lose their salvation

The gospel of your salvation: 1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV - and then Ephesians 1:13 KJV -

Mickiel

That's right. Those who hear and trust and believe, cannot lose their salvation

The gospel of your salvation: 1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV - and then Ephesians 1:13 KJV -

Those who don't hear and don't trust and don't believe, the salvation of God is especially for them.

Mickiel

I wonder what it would have been like if the Christians had spread the gospel of salvation, like they did the horror of their hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.