Why would God need a hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
something to nibble on......

something to nibble on......

You've offended a holy God. It's going to take an eternity for you to pay for your sin. :juggle:

This is a ridiculous assumption.

Truly I tell you, you will never get out until you have paid the last penny (Mt 5:26).

Notice in this parable, the offender is only in 'prison' until he pays the last penny,....in other words,...its a 'terminal punishment' in that the debt can be payed off in time,....this illustration here is not indicative of an 'eternal punishment'. I think it would behoove you to recognize that.

Real justice commends any penalty as only proportional to the crime committed (nothing more nothing less), while mercy allows an opportunity for repentance and reformation of the sinner.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
a matter of will.....

a matter of will.....

In Rev. 22:17 the water of life is free, Christianity cannot charge for it. That freedom cancels out a costly hell.

Indeed, but the debate would be if all are willing to partake of the water of life, and who might refuse such. This is the essential question of "can individual free will over-power or negate the divine will"? - there are different camps on the subject.

Prizebeatz1

This is a ridiculous assumption.

Notice in this parable, the offender is only in 'prison' until he pays the last penny,....in other words,...its a 'terminal punishment' in that the debt can be payed off in time,....this illustration here is not indicative of an 'eternal punishment'. I think it would behoove you to recognize that.

Real justice commends any penalty as only proportional to the crime committed (nothing more nothing less), while mercy allows an opportunity for repentance and reformation of the sinner.

+1

Mickiel

I care not if you disagree with God. The Bible says what it says.

I clearly stated that I disagree with the Christian message, I do not disagree with God. The large ego of Christianity is trying to equate themselves with God; I agree with the bible, I disagree with Christianity. But see you Christians equate yourselves with God and the bible, so if anyone disagree's with you, you think they disagree with God; because your pride and ego is overly large.

ttruscott

Why would God need a hell, when he wants children?

HE only wants, loves and provides grace for legitimate children but not for reprobate counterfeits: Deuteronomy 32:5 "They have acted corruptly toward Him. They are not His children, because of their defect but are a perverse and crooked generation. OR: their defect is that they are not HIS children...

So, how does this fit into your paradigm? You ducked it once, why not tell us how this verse fits now?

Mickiel

HE only wants, loves and provides grace for legitimate children but not for reprobate counterfeits: Deuteronomy 32:5 "They have acted corruptly toward Him. They are not His children, because of their defect but are a perverse and crooked generation. OR: their defect is that they are not HIS children...

So, how does this fit into your paradigm? You ducked it once, why not tell us how this verse fits now?

I don't like your translation; I like this one; Duet. 32:5, " They have corrupted themselves, their spot is not the spot of his children; they are a perverse and crooked generation." I know you search the scriptures for death and condemnation, I see none in this verse. In Psalms 24:1, " The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof; the world and they who dwell in it!" They are his children, and you can't take them away from God. The crooked generation is still the Lord's; his to straighten out, Eccle. 7:13. I still see life and a better future for those you condemn.

ttruscott

Why would God need a hell when he could put all the Christians on a planet that has no unbelievers on it. They would have no one to punish.

You will find the answer in the Exodus story of the passover. All leaven (sin) had to be cleansed from the house (life) before they could be covered by the blood and start on the way to the promised land because a little leaven (sin) leavens (corrupts) the whole lump (person, family, neighbourhood, province, country, world and reality). Galatians 5:9, 1 Corinthians 5:6...

If you disagree, then this time let's deal with this teaching that runs thru both the OT and the New, sin is inevitable and irresistibly corrupting. Tell me what this phrase means if you disagree.

Exodus 12:15, 19, Ex 13:3, 7; Exodus 23:18, Leviticus 2:11 all proscribe the eating of leaven during the Passover and for sacrifice.

If you disagree, then this time let's deal with this teaching that runs thru both the OT and the New; sin is inevitably and irresistibly corrupting. Tell me what this phrase means if you disagree. Perhaps this is the most often repeated admonition in the Bible...

ttruscott

In Rev. 22:17 the water of life is free, Christianity cannot charge for it. That freedom cancels out a costly hell.

Lovely sentiments - wrong conclusions....
The offer of the water of life is freely given to the reprobate as well as the elect to prove that the reprobate will never and can never accept it so that those sinful elect who are holding up and postponing the judgment of the reprobate by working against GOD on this topic will finally understand that the reprobate are not HIS children and are ETERNALLY evil and must be banished from all of GOD's created reality or it will corrupt the whole of heaven.

ttruscott

I don't like your translation; I like this one; Duet. 32:5, " They have corrupted themselves, their spot is not the spot of his children; they are a perverse and crooked generation." I know you search the scriptures for death and condemnation, I see none in this verse. In Psalms 24:1, " The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof; the world and they who dwell in it!" They are his children, and you can't take them away from God. The crooked generation is still the Lord's; his to straighten out, Eccle. 7:13. I still see life and a better future for those you condemn.

Hmmm, finally and thank you.

Let's look at this:

Deuteronomy 32:5 KJV: They have corrupted themselves, their spot is not the spot of his children: they are a perverse and crooked generation.

Who is They? This they have a spot but not the spot of HIS children, a different spot from HIS children...which can only mean they are not HIS children or their spots would be the same.

HIS children (sown into the world by the Son of Man), are the sinful people of the kingdom whose evil is temporary. Their spot, refers to the people of the evil one (sown into the world by the devil) whose evil is eternal.

The very verse you chose yourself convicts you of a false interpretation...

ttruscott

In Psalms 24:1, " The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof; the world and they who dwell in it!" They are his children, and you can't take them away from God. The crooked generation is still the Lord's; his to straighten out, Eccle. 7:13. I still see life and a better future for those you condemn.

Of course the earth is the LORD's and all in it - we are the clay, HE is the potter. Says nothing about patrimony.As for Ecc 7:13, will you consider Ecclesiastes 1:15 What is crooked cannot be straightened; what is lacking cannot be counted.

You know my reconciliation of this apparent contradiction...what is yours?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"I clearly stated that I disagree with the Christian message, I do not disagree with God."
When we speak from the word of God, we have all authority of any apostle or prophet. (Ps. 119:142, 151, 160).
"The large ego of Christianity..."*
:yawn: 1 Co 1:27

"...is trying to equate themselves with God; I agree with the bible, I disagree with Christianity."
Jn 8:37, 14:6
"But see you Christians equate yourselves with God and the bible, so if anyone disagree with you, you think they disagree with God..."
:yawn: Who cares what we think? What has God said? :poly:

See:

Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.