Why would God need a hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
:nono: You are on record as rejecting the need for Christ. You are an oddball to think not needing him somehow equates to you following Him, same with FreePJ :dizzy:

I've been a disciple of Christ for 31 years now. He is front and center in my life. You just lie Lon, I never said any such thing.

Mickiel

"If" we try to make God cater to 'our' sense of justice, it would be fraught with sin and injustice. We cannot judge God, only read what He says is so, and accept it as it is given. There are many scriptures that warn us of consequences for our actions. If we suffer eternally, such will 1) be because of our own choices 2) will leave God just, and we unjustified/unjustifiable 3) will happen regardless of our finite, feeble attempts to make it otherwise.

Those who start and support annihilation or universalism 1) do not believe in their own wickedness/fallen nature. They are 'too good' to need a Savior or deserve hell :plain: 2) They reject God's Word and prefer their own counsel and thus make a god in their own image that the scriptures say is "no god at all." Who cares who your made-up-god is??? Wouldn't I just be worshipping you? They are 'nicer' than God and serve one who is not the God of Scripture 3) Being too good to need a Savior, they reject Him and their need for Him. Romans 1:32 Romans 1:16-32

Here's a good example of teaching that humans will suffer eternally, or go to hell.

Mickiel

Why would God need a hell, when he could just keep the prisons men have already built , and just command that they all be transferred to a far away planet? I mean it would be a start, he would probally have to build more, based on the Christian calculation of people going to hell. I mean if Christians are right, God will need a very big planet to house so many millions of people;

yea,. put them on a planet, that way none of them could get out. No materials to build a space craft; God could call it, " Planet Pain."

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"People did not hear Jesus voice, Matt.12:19, and his followers can't hear him..."

He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets.

A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory [Matt. 12:17–20].

"“A bruised reed shall he not break”—no, He will instead bind up that “reed” who will let Him do so. “And smoking flax shall he not quench”—no, if that one continues to reject Him, the smoking flax will break out into the fire of judgment. The Lord won’t quench it because man has a free will." McGee, J. V. (1991). Thru the Bible commentary: The Gospels (Matthew 1-13) (electronic ed., Vol. 34, p. 167). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

"...He said in Luke 5:32 that he did not come to " Call" the righteous, but he came to "Call" unbelievers to repentance...[T]hey [believers] condemn unbelievers."
:yawn: Jn 3:18

Mickiel

He doesn't. Hell does not exist. Hell is a Greek myth adopted by Christianity as a method of mind-control. Now, in the sense of being Sheol aka the grave it is simply the end of life as there is no consciousness in the grave.

I agree, and its a myth with stunning power of influence, for a great organization like Christianity to accept it; that's 1/3 of humanity which in some form, follows this horrid belief. That kind of nail is far too deep to remove, it has seared the human consciousness beyond repair; its there to stay. And everyone they convert, they make them twice the son's of hell than they are.

Again Jesus in Matt. 23:15, "Woe unto you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you compass sea and land to make one convert, and when you make him, you make him twice more the child of hell than yourselves!" They send evangelist all over the country, all over the land, over seas and further, converting people to this merciless belief. They are not trying to hurt anyone, but they preach that God is going to hurt them for all eternity if they do not convert to Christianity.

Mickiel

Finally, you reveal your cult leader, Gary Amirault. :zman: So, do you all hand out flowers at the airport, too? :BillyBob: Y'all wear white or yellow shirts now a days? :smokie: 2 Pe 2:1

I don't know Gary, I am not a member of his site, I used to be about 10 years ago, as far as I remember I got banned from there. I am not a member, but I like the information they have posted. So I use it. I told you I walk alone, so you can't connect me with any group, you can only blame me.

Lon

Look at the evidence, educate yourself. The traditional pagan belief of ECT is insanity and violates principle. It is heinous, unjust and satanic. Would you condemn your children to eternal hellfire to sufer for ever and ever with no hope of salvation?????? Forever and ever???? That is insane! That is worse than satanic.
Because you say so? You are trying to emote your way. "Christianity and the Bible offend me, I think I, a mere man, will find something more to my liking."

I first came to Christ, had not a lot of idea about hell, but as it related to Catholics. Later, I had to deal with scriptures, but my embrace of Christ was already resolved, regardless. Atheists and you weren't resolved. You have to make-your-own and that's sad. I know, for a fact, that I'm just a man and incapable of defining a God who isn't me. I am a creature in this universe and will remain but a creature. I've no desire to be god or to then try to be god to another. It may look like that, as I taut a definition I believe comes from God concerning Himself, and that demands I (and you) meet Him on His terms, but don't mistake that for me trying to be god or your god. I am trying to take Him as He is, not change Him.

Lon

I've been a disciple of Christ for 31 years now. He is front and center in my life. You just lie Lon, I never said any such thing.
You are talking about the Urantia Book Jesus. You do not accept the Biblical Jesus. If you follow a 'different' Jesus, was I lying? :doh:

You were banned once for blasphemy, remember that???

Lon

"If" we try to make God cater to 'our' sense of justice, it would be fraught with sin and injustice. We cannot judge God, only read what He says is so, and accept it as it is given. There are many scriptures that warn us of consequences for our actions. If we suffer eternally, such will 1) be because of our own choices 2) will leave God just, and we unjustified/unjustifiable 3) will happen regardless of our finite, feeble attempts to make it otherwise.

Those who start and support annihilation or universalism 1) do not believe in their own wickedness/fallen nature. They are 'too good' to need a Savior or deserve hell :plain: 2) They reject God's Word and prefer their own counsel and thus make a god in their own image that the scriptures say is "no god at all." Who cares who your made-up-god is??? Wouldn't I just be worshipping you? They are 'nicer' than God and serve one who is not the God of Scripture 3) Being too good to need a Savior, they reject Him and their need for Him. Romans 1:32 Romans 1:16-32
Here's a good example of teaching that humans will suffer eternally, or go to hell.
Freudian slip?
Again Jesus in Matt.23:13-15, "But woe to you Pharisee and scribes, hypocrites; for you SHUT OFF the Kingdom from men!
And you make them, twice the child of hell than you are." Here Jesus is talking to believers, they were teaching doctrines of limited atonement, teaching ways that people could go to hell. And Jesus was angry with this and basically called them hell mongers.
It is both 'good' and certainly does not shut the doors of heaven from anyone. Defining the door? Yep. Shutting it? Nope.

Universalism just attempts to say there is no door. That is not what Jesus said.

Prizebeatz1

Jesus is an attempt to define God in man's own image. Man does not define God. God defines man. The real God is infinite and eternal. God made us in HIS image, not the other way around. That is why we have hell in the first place. We create and define the world according to what is in our hearts.

Lon

Jesus is an attempt to define God in man's own image. Man does not define God. God defines man. The real God is infinite and eternal. God made us in HIS image, not the other way around. That is why we have hell in the first place. We create and define the world according to what is in our hearts.
:nono: Exactly backwards. Before I came to Christ, I was of your opinion (I was seven and that should tell you something about your own belief).

Basically, there are 2 assumptions 1) that God talks to us/through us, as the univeralist spiritualist assumes and espouses.

Opposite of this is 2) God speaks to us rather extrinsically because we are separated by God because of sin.

I knew when I was seven that I misbehaved and was selfish. I knew I had sinned both against God and other people. There was no question at that time. I knew I wasn't a 'good' kid. That doesn't mean the world would have thought me bad, I was only 7. When I heard that Christ died to forgive our sin and remove it, that we could be new creations, that Jesus buried sin for all who believe and gave life to all who believe, that was a message from God, nothing from inside myself. I was the opposite of the one who thinks God talks to us and we are 'okay' just the way we are. I knew I needed to change, couldn't change, Thanks be to the Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 7:24

Lon

Lon needs examples of people teaching hell in this thread. Now I am starting to wonder if he reads his own writings or his brothers writings.

Again, me/them saying "there is a door" doesn't mean "there is no door" is the answer, just that it isn't closed if you'd enter. Jesus said to "enter the narrow door." NOBODY cares what you and I say especially as we wrongly think/emote. They care what Jesus said, and rightly so. The best that I can do, is point to the Savior. I don't care where you point, if/since it is not Him. Nobody else does either. You are blinding yourself to even being rational at this point: emoting instead of thinking does that.

Status
Not open for further replies.