Why would God need a hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickiel

Hey, as you learn how God is, ( remember wisdom is " Knowing how it is."), you will learn that God does all that he wants to do. What can stop him? I mean, think about it; who can stop God from doing something? Hey man, you or your religion can't get in God's way, just because you don't believe that he can do something, means nothing to him. Isaiah 46:9-10, " Remember the former things of old, for I am God, and there is none else; I am God and there is NONE like me, ( that includes Jesus , nobody is like God, nobody is un created , nobody has lived forever , nobody has all life worshipping him as God), " Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will DO ALL my pleasure! The salvation of every human pleases God, it may not please his followers, they may not believe he is going to do it, but I keep telling you that the followers of God have absolutely nothing to do with human salvation.

God is going to get it done man!

Really, its already a done deal!

Mickiel

This nasty hell that Christians are teaching is an affront to what the good news means. It insults the true nature of our God. As if he does not care for unbelievers. In Mal.2:10, " Have we not all one Father? Has not one God created us? Why do we deal so treacherously every man against his brother?" Why do you believe that hell hurting mess? What's wrong with you? You think God is going to punish his children for an insane eternity?

What's wrong with you?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"We as believers..."
You aren't a believer (2 Pe 2:1). :dizzy:
"In Phil.2:13, " For it IS God which work in you both the WILL and TO DO of his good pleasure!"
"of his good pleasure—rather as Greek, “FOR His good pleasure”; in order to carry out His sovereign gracious purpose towards you (Eph 1:5, 9)." Jamieson, R., Fausset, A. R., & Brown, D. (1997). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (Vol. 2, p. 364). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.
"It is God who manipulates the humans will..."
He doesn't manipulate your will (Ge 2:17). That would make him sick. :hammer:
[Eccl. 7:13]
"Eccl 7:13 make straight what He has made crooked. Man should consider God’s activity because God is sovereign, decreeing and controlling everything under the sun (cf. 1:15)." MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 934). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.
[John 6:44]
:yawn: Ad infinitum Eph 4:14

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Satan Inc.] Since your so proud of that list, as if it means something, have them put me on it, which explains what I care about it.
animated-smileys-housekeeping-159.gif

If you claimed to be a Christian, you would be on that list.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"...Isaiah 45:22-23, " Look unto me and be saved..."
"Is 45:22. Look … and be ye saved—The second imperative expresses the result which will follow obedience to the first (Ge 42:18); ye shall be saved (Jn 3:14, 15). Nu 21:9: “If a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass he lived.” What so simple as a look? Not do something, but look to the Saviour (Ac 16:30, 31). Believers look by faith, the eye of the soul. The look is that of one turning (see Margin) to God, as at once “Just and the Saviour” (Is 45:21), that is, the look of conversion (Ps 22:27)." Jamieson, R., Fausset, A. R., & Brown, D. (1997). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (Vol. 1, p. 483). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

[Numbers 23:19]
"Nu 23:18, 19. Rise up—As Balak was already standing (Nu 23:17), this expression is equivalent to “now attend to me.” The counsels and promises of God respecting Israel are unchangeable; and no attempt to prevail on Him to reverse them will succeed, as they may with a man.

Jamieson, R., Fausset, A. R., & Brown, D. (1997). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (Vol. 1, p. 112). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Isaiah 46:9-10]

"Is 46:9 Remember the former things of old. The readers are to recall: 1) all the past history of fulfilled prophecies, as well as 2) miraculous deliverances such as that from Egypt, and 3) providential blessings Israel has experienced. All of these are ample evidence that He alone is God." MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 1027). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.

Mickiel

animated-smileys-housekeeping-159.gif

If you claimed to be a Christian, you would be on that list.

Hey, have them put me on it anyway, it would give you more darts to throw, more ways to condemn me and fulfill that favorite past time of your belief.

Hey, God is not willing that any would perish, MEANING its HIS WILL that none do; and God gets his will, Christianity is not a gas station of God that is open, their minds are closed, the truth does not stop in just one place. Daniel 4:35, "And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing;, ( that is what God thinks about religious opinion), he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven and on earth. Nobody can stop him! Or say to him, " What are you doing?"

Christianity cannot stop God from saving everybody, or ask him why he is doing that! Nobody can stop God.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Satan Inc.] "Hey, have them put me on it anyway..."
animated-smileys-housekeeping-141.gif

You identify as 'other'; therefore, you are not on the list.

"...Daniel 4:35...that is what God thinks about religious opinion."
"Dan 4:35. all … as nothing—(Is 40:15, 17).

according to his will in … heaven—(Ps 115:3; 135:6; Mt 6:10; Eph 1:11)." Jamieson, R., Fausset, A. R., & Brown, D. (1997). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (Vol. 1, p. 629). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

"Christianity cannot stop God from saving everybody..."
:yawn: Ac 20:20

Mickiel

Hey, the great God is going to save all of his children, and what religion hates about that is meaningless to God. Hey, God has a side to him that can care nothing about what humans think; when he gets in that frame of mind. Notice Isaiah 40:17, " All nations before him are as nothing; they are counted to him as less than nothing and meaningless!" Hey man, when God gets like that, he could care less what his followers believe. He knows we got most of this wrong anyway.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"This nasty hell....As if he does not care for unbelievers."
Ro 5:8

[Mal 2:10]
Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers? [Mal. 2:10].

"“Have we not all one father?” There are some expositors who say that the “father” refers to Abraham since both Israel and Judah are mentioned in the verse that follows. However, I think that the next question makes it clear that Malachi is speaking about God as the Father: “Hath not one God created us?”

He also makes it clear in what way God is the Father. He is the Father by creation. But man lost that relationship. Adam was called the son of God, but after the Fall, he begat a son in his own likeness—not in the likeness of God, but in the likeness of his own fallen nature. Therefore, when the nation Israel comes into view, we do not find God speaking specifically of any individual Israelite as His son. Rather, He speaks of the corporate body of the nation as a son. Never in the Old Testament does God refer to an individual as His son. Even of two men who were outstanding, Moses and David, it was “Moses my servant” and “David my servant.” Never does God say, “Moses my son” or “David my son.” Individuals become sons of God through faith in Jesus Christ. God is the Father of mankind in the sense that He is the Creator.

This is something that has been greatly emphasized in our contemporary society, and I think properly so. On a telecast I heard a man, who was definitely an unsaved man, play up the fact that we are all human beings and that we ought to show respect and consideration for one another. Well, that is true. As far as he went, he was entirely accurate. You are a human being and I am a human being, and I should accord to you the same rights and privileges and respect that I would like to have for myself. “Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us?” We all are the creation of God.

“Why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?” Now here they were, a chosen people, yet breaking God’s covenant and dealing treacherously one with the other. They were not right with God, and so they were not right with each other.

This is certainly true of man in our day. I personally have to say that there are a great many unsaved people that I wouldn’t trust. And, unfortunately, having been in the church most of my life, I have to say that there are a lot in the church whom I would not trust either. I have no confidence in them at all. Why? They deal treacherously. There is nothing that hurts the cause of Christ more than a church fight, conflicts in the church, and leaders who are at each other’s throats. Regardless of how evangelistic a church may be, its witness is nil when those conditions exist." McGee, J. V. (1991). Thru the Bible commentary: The Prophets (Malachi) (electronic ed., Vol. 33, pp. 41–42). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

Mickiel

Do you see that in Isaiah 40:17, God said he looks at the humans before him and they are counted to him as LESS than nothing. Good grief, less than zero; man, God is serious! None of this confused crap on earth means anything to him, how religion has screwed everything up. God knows his will gets done.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...Isaiah 40:17...he could care less what his followers believe.

"Is 40:15–17 Since the surrounding nations who had oppressed Israel were utterly insignificant in comparison to the Lord’s greatness and power, they could not prevent His purposes from being accomplished. His deliverance of Israel was certain." MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 1014). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.

Mickiel

In Eph. 1:9-10, " Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he has purposed in himself, that in the dispensation of the fullness of times , he might gather together in one ALL things in Christ, both which are in heaven and on earth, even in him."

For those of you who cannot see this, the salvation of unbelievers is in this verse. When all things are gathered together in one, that is talking about humans, not monkeys or cats or trees; its about people! And we ALL will be ONE! Christians won't be able to separate us any more.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
This nasty hell that Christians are teaching is an affront to what the good news means. It insults the true nature of our God. As if he does not care for unbelievers. In Mal.2:10, " Have we not all one Father? Has not one God created us? Why do we deal so treacherously every man against his brother?" Why do you believe that hell hurting mess? What's wrong with you? You think God is going to punish his children for an insane eternity?

What's wrong with you?

Hell is a fabrication of the shamans. People teach threats of hell and eternal punishment for the simple reason that they have nothing better to teach. A God of eternal torture of his children would be eternally evil. While it may be true that a person may not want an eternal life in Gods future plan, such individuals simply do not awake from the sleep of death. They are not reconstituted at some point, it becomes as if they never lived.

Man might fear a great and terrible God, but he will only truly love a good God. God is Good, God is Love, God is Unity. We live in a friendly, carefully managed universe.

Leave the immature concept of hell to the rednecks who are hoping you go there.:eek:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Clarifications.....

Clarifications.....

Of course you do. He's an antichrist (2 Pe 2:1). :eek:

This is comical. You have no proof of this.

As a reminder Freelight is number 1 on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) in the 'Misc.' category. :burnlib:

The list is also good for entertainment. You have some affiliations misconstrued.

You list me as this -

Miscellaneous

1) Freelight (spiritualist/universalist) (spiritualist/universalist) worships light, visits Jehovah's Witness denying deity of Jesus area as well, Urantia Papers, says Hindu, Gnosticism...all over the place)

Thank goodness one can read my profile page, bio, thread/post archive, and commentaries to get a better representation of my theology.

You are alright to list these descriptions after my name: spiritualist, universalist, eclectic, theosophist, free thinker, soul pioneer, mystic, Gnostic. Labels however can obscure or confuse....which is why it's best to deal with the content of one's writing than bring presumptions to the table.

My studies in Hinduism or other eastern schools does not make me a devotee of that particular tradition necessarily, since I gather the best teachings, concepts and principles found in all schools, which makes me a 'universalist' at heart.

'Gnostic' denotes my path of valuing 'knowledge' as a fundamental key to universal questions.

Also....Caino is NOT a Jehovah's witnesses. Neither am I. At best you can classify some as a 'Unitarian' as not holding to a traditional-orthodox conception of the Trinity. Caino as a student of the Urantia Book, does not accept the Christian concept of the Trinity, but does respect Jesus as being 'God'....our Creator-Son. This Creator-Son is not a member of the Original Paradise Trinity, but is the offspring of that original Trinity, being one of many Creator-Sons....who are creators of worlds. On a creative or relational level, Jesus is 'God' to us, but he is not The Universal Father, the First Source and Center of all that exists. More can be explored in our UB thread for those interested. I serve there as merely as a person of interest in expounding on various subjects in the papers, as one familiar with the volume for many years.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Eph. 1:9-10]

Adam and Eve had life and a relationship with him. They lost access to the tree of life (Gen. 2:9). He is that life (Jn 14:6, Re 2:7).

"Eph 1:9. “He hath abounded,” or “made (grace) to abound toward us” (Eph 1:8), in that He made known to us, namely, experimentally, in our hearts.

the mystery—God’s purpose of redemption hidden heretofore in His counsels, but now revealed (Eph 6:19; Ro 16:25; Col 1:26, 27). This “mystery” is not like the heathen mysteries, which were imparted only to the initiated few. All Christians are the initiated. Only unbelievers are the uninitiated.

according to his good pleasure—showing the cause why “He hath made known to us the mystery,” namely, His own loving “good pleasure” toward us; also the time and manner of His doing so, are according to His good pleasure.

purposed—(Eph 1:11).

in himself—God the Father. BENGEL takes it, “in Him,” that is, Christ, as in Eph 1:3, 4. But the proper name, “in Christ,” Eph 1:10, immediately after, is inconsistent with His being here meant by the pronoun.

10. Translate, “Unto the dispensation of the fulness of the times,” that is, “which He purposed in Himself” (Eph 1:9) with a view to the economy of (the gracious administration belonging to) the fulness of the times (Greek, “fit times,” “seasons”). More comprehensive than “the fulness of the time” (Ga 4:4). The whole of the Gospel times (plural) is meant, with the benefits to the Church dispensed in them severally and successively. Compare “the ages to come” (Eph 2:7). “The ends of the ages” (Greek, 1 Co 10:11); “the times (same Greek as here, ‘the seasons,’ or ‘fitly appointed times’) of the Gentiles” (Lu 21:24); “the seasons which the Father hath put in His own power” (Ac 1:7); “the times of restitution of all things which God hath spoken by the prophets since the world began” (Ac 3:20, 21). The coming of Jesus at the first advent, “in the fulness of time,” was one of these “times.” The descent of the Holy Ghost, “when Pentecost was fully come” (Ac 2:1), was another. The testimony given by the apostles to Him “in due time” (“in its own seasons,” Greek) (1 Ti 2:6) was another. The conversion of the Jews “when the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled,” the second coming of Christ, the “restitution of all things,” the millennial kingdom, the new heaven and earth, shall be severally instances of “the dispensation of the fulness of the times,” that is, “the dispensation of” the Gospel events and benefits belonging to their respective “times,” when severally filled up or completed. God the Father, according to His own good pleasure and purpose, is the Dispenser both of the Gospel benefits and of their several fitting times (Ac 1:7).

gather together in one—Greek, “sum up under one head”; “recapitulate.” The “good pleasure which He purposed,” was “to sum up all things (Greek, ‘THE whole range of things’) in Christ (Greek, ‘the Christ,’ that is, His Christ)” [ALFORD]. God’s purpose is to sum up the whole creation in Christ, the Head of angels, with whom He is linked by His invisible nature, and of men with whom He is linked by His humanity; of Jews and Gentiles; of the living and the dead (Eph 3:15); of animate and inanimate creation. Sin has disarranged the creature’s relation of subordination to God. God means to gather up all together in Christ; or as Col 1:20 says, “By Him to reconcile all things unto Himself, whether things in earth or things in heaven.” ALFORD well says, “The Church of which the apostle here mainly treats, is subordinated to Him in the highest degree of conscious and joyful union; those who are not His spiritually, in mere subjugation, yet consciously; the inferior tribes of creation unconsciously; but objectively, all are summed up in Him.”" Jamieson, R., Fausset, A. R., & Brown, D. (1997). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (Vol. 2, p. 342). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

Mickiel

Adam and Eve had life and a relationship with him. They lost access to the tree of life (Gen. 2:9). He is that life (Jn 14:6, Re 2:7).

"Eph 1:9. “He hath abounded,” or “made (grace) to abound toward us” (Eph 1:8), in that He made known to us, namely, experimentally, in our hearts.

the mystery—God’s purpose of redemption hidden heretofore in His counsels, but now revealed (Eph 6:19; Ro 16:25; Col 1:26, 27). This “mystery” is not like the heathen mysteries, which were imparted only to the initiated few. All Christians are the initiated. Only unbelievers are the uninitiated.

according to his good pleasure—showing the cause why “He hath made known to us the mystery,” namely, His own loving “good pleasure” toward us; also the time and manner of His doing so, are according to His good pleasure.

purposed—(Eph 1:11).

in himself—God the Father. BENGEL takes it, “in Him,” that is, Christ, as in Eph 1:3, 4. But the proper name, “in Christ,” Eph 1:10, immediately after, is inconsistent with His being here meant by the pronoun.

10. Translate, “Unto the dispensation of the fulness of the times,” that is, “which He purposed in Himself” (Eph 1:9) with a view to the economy of (the gracious administration belonging to) the fulness of the times (Greek, “fit times,” “seasons”). More comprehensive than “the fulness of the time” (Ga 4:4). The whole of the Gospel times (plural) is meant, with the benefits to the Church dispensed in them severally and successively. Compare “the ages to come” (Eph 2:7). “The ends of the ages” (Greek, 1 Co 10:11); “the times (same Greek as here, ‘the seasons,’ or ‘fitly appointed times’) of the Gentiles” (Lu 21:24); “the seasons which the Father hath put in His own power” (Ac 1:7); “the times of restitution of all things which God hath spoken by the prophets since the world began” (Ac 3:20, 21). The coming of Jesus at the first advent, “in the fulness of time,” was one of these “times.” The descent of the Holy Ghost, “when Pentecost was fully come” (Ac 2:1), was another. The testimony given by the apostles to Him “in due time” (“in its own seasons,” Greek) (1 Ti 2:6) was another. The conversion of the Jews “when the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled,” the second coming of Christ, the “restitution of all things,” the millennial kingdom, the new heaven and earth, shall be severally instances of “the dispensation of the fulness of the times,” that is, “the dispensation of” the Gospel events and benefits belonging to their respective “times,” when severally filled up or completed. God the Father, according to His own good pleasure and purpose, is the Dispenser both of the Gospel benefits and of their several fitting times (Ac 1:7).

gather together in one—Greek, “sum up under one head”; “recapitulate.” The “good pleasure which He purposed,” was “to sum up all things (Greek, ‘THE whole range of things’) in Christ (Greek, ‘the Christ,’ that is, His Christ)” [ALFORD]. God’s purpose is to sum up the whole creation in Christ, the Head of angels, with whom He is linked by His invisible nature, and of men with whom He is linked by His humanity; of Jews and Gentiles; of the living and the dead (Eph 3:15); of animate and inanimate creation. Sin has disarranged the creature’s relation of subordination to God. God means to gather up all together in Christ; or as Col 1:20 says, “By Him to reconcile all things unto Himself, whether things in earth or things in heaven.” ALFORD well says, “The Church of which the apostle here mainly treats, is subordinated to Him in the highest degree of conscious and joyful union; those who are not His spiritually, in mere subjugation, yet consciously; the inferior tribes of creation unconsciously; but objectively, all are summed up in Him.”" Jamieson, R., Fausset, A. R., & Brown, D. (1997). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (Vol. 2, p. 342). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

You know I never have depended on bible dictionary's and concordances to help me in debates , I just use the bible. You seem to just like copying this stuff, as if your own mind is not worth expressing.

Its like its me against your books.

Status
Not open for further replies.