Why would God need a hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[1 Corinth. 1:27]

"1 Co 1:27. the foolish things—a general phrase for all persons and things foolish. Even things (and those, too, foolish things) are chosen by God to confound persons, (and those too persons who are wise). This seems to me the force of the change from neuter to masculine.

to confound—The Greek is stronger, “that He might confound (or put to shame).” God confounds the wise by effecting through His instruments, without human wisdom, that the worldly wise, with it, cannot effect, namely, to bring men to salvation.

chosen … chosen—The repetition indicates the gracious deliberateness of God’s purpose (Jam 2:5)." Jamieson, R., Fausset, A. R., & Brown, D. (1997). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (Vol. 2, p. 265). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Jn 1:32-33, spirit]

I understand that they look like the wind; yet, we know who they are.

"Jn 1:32 the Spirit descending. God had previously communicated to John that this sign was to indicate the promised Messiah (v. 33), so when John witnessed this act, he was able to identify the Messiah as Jesus (cf. Matt. 3:16; Mark 1:10; Luke 3:22)." MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 1576). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"Jn 1:32 the Spirit descending. God had previously communicated to John that this sign was to indicate the promised Messiah (v. 33), so when John witnessed this act, he was able to identify the Messiah as Jesus (cf. Matt. 3:16; Mark 1:10; Luke 3:22)." MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 1576). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.

"...Matt. 6:23...Jesus then asked an incredible question; " How great is the darkness?...For that which I do I allow not; for what I would, that I do not , but what I hate, I do." And this an apostle of God. An interesting playground."
emoticones_gestos_cruzando-los-dedos2_en.PlanetaEmoticon.com.gif
Play time is almost over (Heb 11:25).

"Mt 6:23. But if thine eye be evil—distempered, or, as we should say, If we have got a bad eye.

thy whole body shall be full of darkness—darkened. As a vitiated eye, or an eye that looks not straight and full at its object, sees nothing as it is, so a mind and heart divided between heaven and earth is all dark.

If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!—As the conscience is the regulative faculty, and a man’s inward purpose, scope, aim in life, determines his character—if these be not simple and heavenward, but distorted and double, what must all the other faculties and principles of our nature be which take their direction and character from these, and what must the whole man and the whole life be but a mass of darkness? In Luke (Lu 11:36) the converse of this statement very strikingly expresses what pure, beautiful, broad perceptions the clarity of the inward eye imparts: “If thy whole body therefore be full of light, having no part dark, the whole shall be full of light, as when the bright shining of a candle doth give thee light.” But now for the application of this.

24. No man can serve—The word means to “belong wholly and be entirely under command to.”

two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other—Even if the two masters be of one character and have but one object, the servant must take law from one or the other: though he may do what is agreeable to both, he cannot, in the nature of the thing, be servant to more than one. Much less if, as in the present case, their interests are quite different, and even conflicting. In this case, if our affections be in the service of the one—if we “love the one”—we must of necessity “hate the other”; if we determine resolutely to “hold to the one,” we must at the same time disregard, and (if he insist on his claims upon us) even “despise the other.”" Jamieson, R., Fausset, A. R., & Brown, D. (1997). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (Vol. 2, p. 28). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

Aimiel

Yes, and a good man, a nice person, intelligent, patient and many other qualities. By their fruits yea will know them, and by his qualities we can see Freelight knows the spirit whereas these other religious people wreak of the right wingers who killed Jesus! It is obvious that had many of the indoctrinated robots on TOL been Jews during the times of Christ, they would have also rejected his Freelight-like message. They are closed minded, hard hearted people. They don't have a message that anyone would want.

Now Jesus was imitating Freelight!?! Are you saying Jesus was queer?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Revelations 13:14-18...in other words the human conscious is seared and the person has a religious mindset...

:yawn: You're projecting again (Eph 4:14). :noway:

"Re 13:14 make an image. This refers to replication of Antichrist that is related to the throne he will erect during the abomination of desolation, halfway into the Tribulation period. This will happen in the Jerusalem temple when Antichrist abolishes the former false world religion and seeks to have people worship him alone as God (cf. Dan. 9:27; 11:31; 12:11; Matt. 24:15; 2 Thess. 2:4). The false prophet and Antichrist again will deceive the world with a clever imitation of Christ, who will later return and reign from the true throne in Jerusalem...

13:16 a mark. In the Roman Empire, this was a normal identifying symbol, or brand, that slaves and soldiers bore on their bodies. Some of the ancient mystical cults delighted in such tattoos, which identified members with a form of worship. Antichrist will have a similar requirement, one that will need to be visible on the hand or forehead.

13:17 buy or sell. Antichrist’s mark will allow people to engage in daily commerce, including the purchase of food and other necessities. Without the identifying mark, individuals will be cut off from the necessities of life. number of his name. The beast (Antichrist) will have a name inherent in a numbering system. It is not clear from the text exactly what this name and number system will be or what its significance will be." MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 2010). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.

Flashback:

Vatican Press Conference with World Bank Group :eek:linger:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"In 2 Pet. 3:9...it means that God will not neglect the salvation of humanity..."
He hasn't (Ro 5:8).

"2 Pe 3:9. slack—slow, tardy, late; exceeding the due time, as though that time were already come. Heb 10:37, “will not tarry.”" Jamieson, R., Fausset, A. R., & Brown, D. (1997). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (Vol. 2, p. 522). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.
"The true longsuffering love of God is being systematically attacked...Rev. 2:15...[H]e hates that."
"Re 2:15. thou—emphatic: “So THOU also hast,” As Balak and the Moabites of old had Balaam and his followers literally, so hast thou also them that hold the same Balaamite or Nicolaitane doctrine spiritually or symbolically. Literal eating of idol-meats and fornication in Pergamos were accompanied by spiritual idolatry and fornication. So TRENCH explains. But I prefer taking it, “THOU also,” as well as Ephesus (“in like manner” as Ephesus; see below the oldest reading), hast … Nicolaitanes, with this important difference, Ephesus, as a Church, hates them and casts them out, but thou “hast them,” namely, in the Church.

doctrine—teaching (see on Rev 2:6): namely, to tempt God’s people to idolatry.

which thing I hate—It is sin not to hate what God hates. The Ephesian Church (Rev 2:6) had this point of superiority to Pergamos. But the three oldest manuscripts, and Vulgate and Syriac, read instead of “which I hate,” “IN LIKE MANNER.”

16. The three oldest manuscripts read, “Repent, therefore.” Not only the Nicolaitanes, but the whole Church of Pergamos is called on to repent of not having hated the Nicolaitane teaching and practice. Contrast Paul, Ac 20:26." Jamieson, R., Fausset, A. R., & Brown, D. (1997). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (Vol. 2, p. 557). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"Does the whole world have a chance to be saved, or is religion correct in teaching that it does not?"
Yes.

See:

Does God Elect Everyone? AOG Bible Study

[Jn 1:29]

The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world [John 1:29].

"John marks Him out here. He is the Savior. He is not only the Messiah; He is also the Savior. He is a very great Savior for He is the Lamb of God. He is the complete Savior because He takes away sin. He is the almighty Savior because He takes away the sin of the world. He is the perpetual Savior because He “taketh” away—present tense. Anyone can come to Him at any time.

Here we find the fulfillment of the answer that Abraham had given to Isaac those many years ago. Isaac had said, “… Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering? And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering …” (Gen. 22:7–8). John tells us that Jesus is the Lamb.

This proves that Cain was wrong and Abel was right. Abel brought a little lamb. All the lambs that were slain on Jewish altars down through the ages now find their fulfillment in Him. John marks Him out. “Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.”" McGee, J. V. (1991). Thru the Bible commentary: The Gospels (John 1-10) (electronic ed., Vol. 38, pp. 33–34). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"Christians cut off my head, I know its not God who crucifies me ; its just his misguided servants. In Heb.4:12..."

:yawn: We don't send you to hell. God does that (Ro 9:14, Lk 19:27).

"Heb 4:12 — For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword … and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

The Bible is not dead but living. It lives both because God brought it into existence and because the Spirit of God brings its message to life in our hearts. It has God’s power to provoke change in our lives." Stanley, C. F. (2005). The Charles F. Stanley life principles Bible: New King James Version (Heb 4:12). Nashville, TN: Nelson Bibles.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[John 12:47]
:yawn: Ad infinitum Eph 4:14
[John 3:17]
"Jn 3:17. not to condemn, &c.—A statement of vast importance.

Though “condemnation” is to many the issue of Christ’s mission (Jn 3:19), it is not the object of His mission, which is purely a saving one.

18. is not condemned—Having, immediately on his believing, “passed from death unto life” (Jn 5:24).

condemned already—Rejecting the one way of deliverance from that “condemnation” which God gave His Son to remove, and so wilfully remaining condemned.

19. this is the condemnation, &c.—emphatically so, revealing the condemnation already existing, and sealing up under it those who will not be delivered from it." Jamieson, R., Fausset, A. R., & Brown, D. (1997). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (Vol. 2, p. 132). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

Mickiel

A lot of people here are saying a lot of things, let's look once again at what God says, in Isaiah 45:22-23, " Look unto me and be saved, ALL the ends of the earth; for I am God and there is none else! I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness and shall not return to me void, that unto me, EVERY knee shall bow, EVERY mouth SHALL confess!"

This is the great resurrection of ALL humans, most of whom are unconverted; so these are unbelievers that God vows will now be submissive to him. This is what God said and promised with a Holy Vow; hey, it matters not what people are saying is going to happen; this is God man! What his followers are saying is meaningless!

Look at Numbers 23:19, " God is not a man, that he should lie ; neither the son of man that he need's to repent , if he said it, he will DO IT! Or has he spoken and shall he not make it good?" Hey brothers, God spoke in righteousness that he will save ALL of humanity; your limited view of salvation comes from your limited knowledge.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...Matt. 6:10, again and again Jesus, " Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done." Here Jesus teaches that God's will, is going to get done...

"Mt 6:10. Thy kingdom come—The kingdom of God is that moral and spiritual kingdom which the God of grace is setting up in this fallen world, whose subjects consist of as many as have been brought into hearty subjection to His gracious scepter, and of which His Son Jesus is the glorious Head. In the inward reality of it, this kingdom existed ever since there were men who “walked with God” (Ge 5:24), and “waited for His salvation” (Ge 49:18); who were “continually with Him, holden by His right hand” (Ps 73:23), and who, even in the valley of the shadow of death, feared no evil when He was with them (Ps 23:4). When Messiah Himself appeared, it was, as a visible kingdom, “at hand.” His death laid the deep foundations of it. His ascension on high, “leading captivity captive and receiving gifts for men, yea, for the rebellious, that the Lord God might dwell among them,” and the Pentecostal effusion of the Spirit, by which those gifts for men descended upon the rebellious, and the Lord God was beheld, in the persons of thousands upon thousands, “dwelling” among men—was a glorious “coming” of this kingdom. But it is still to come, and this petition, “Thy kingdom come,” must not cease to ascend so long as one subject of it remains to be brought in. But does not this prayer stretch further forward—to “the glory to be revealed,” or that stage of the kingdom called “the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ” (2 Pe 1:11)? Not directly, perhaps, since the petition that follows this—“Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven”—would then bring us back to this present state of imperfection. Still, the mind refuses to be so bounded by stages and degrees, and in the act of praying, “Thy kingdom come,” it irresistibly stretches the wings of its faith, and longing, and joyous expectation out to the final and glorious consummation of the kingdom of God...

Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven—or, as the same words are rendered in Luke, “as in heaven, so upon earth” (Lu 11:2)—as cheerfully, as constantly, as perfectly. But some will ask, Will this ever be? We answer, If the “new heavens and new earth” are to be just our present material system purified by fire and transfigured, of course it will. But we incline to think that the aspiration which we are taught in this beautiful petition to breathe forth has no direct reference to any such organic fulfilment, and is only the spontaneous and resistless longing of the renewed soul—put into words—to see the whole inhabited earth in entire conformity to the will of God. It asks not if ever it shall be—or if ever it can be—in order to pray this prayer. It must have its holy yearnings breathed forth, and this is just the bold yet simple expression of them. Nor is the Old Testament without prayers which come very near to this (Ps 7:9; 67:1–7; 72:19, &c.)." Jamieson, R., Fausset, A. R., & Brown, D. (1997). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (Vol. 2, p. 26). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.