Why would God need a hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickiel

here is an antidote to your lies

Luk 19:27 But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.'"

The impression here is that you want God to slaughter humans, I hope I got that wrong. Jesus came here that humans may have life, and have it abundantly, not so that his Father could slaughter us. In John 3:35, " The Father loves the Son and has given all things into his hands; all things here means intelligent beings. The goal is that Christ be all and IN ALL!

Religion does not like that " All", so it has formed limiting doctrines that exclude all from Christ hands. Those doctrines are transparent, I see through them.

Lon

Tell us Lon, how eternal conscious torment, or endless punishment enforced to no end is loving. Can you?
First of all, it doesn't matter what "I" want or what "you" want. It matters what is true. Rewriting scripture, faith, God, et al is a maneuver in foolishness of becoming your own god. You either take God as He describes Himself, or you worship yourself. You reject the dichotomy but that is because to you,God is you. It leaves you stuck in your world of sin, loving it with a god of your imaginings. That, my friend, is hell, and no, love cannot reach it, ever, forever. Eternal isn't just enduring days, it is an unaltered unalterable state. Hell is getting exactly what your finite mind imagines and demands, forever, because it is a rejection of the God who is, with no desire to see or know Him on His own terms.
Luke 16:19-31 does not balk, even a little:
Luk 16:23 and in Hades, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus at his side.
Luk 16:24 And he called out, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus to dip the end of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for I am in anguish in this flame.'
Luk 16:25 But Abraham said, 'Child, remember that you in your lifetime received your good things, and Lazarus in like manner bad things; but now he is comforted here, and you are in anguish.
Luk 16:26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, in order that those who would pass from here to you may not be able, and none may cross from there to us.'
Luk 16:27 And he said, 'Then I beg you, father, to send him to my father's house—
Luk 16:28 for I have five brothers—so that he may warn them, lest they also come into this place of torment.'

You are like one of the five brothers, needing warning. Look next:
Luk 16:29 But Abraham said, 'They have Moses and the Prophets; let them hear them.'
Luk 16:30 And he said, 'No, father Abraham, but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent.'
Luk 16:31 He said to him, 'If they do not hear Moses and the Prophets, neither will they be convinced if someone should rise from the dead.'"
They "couldn't" hear. They "couldn't" be reached.
You, Mick and the other three brothers don't appreciate the authority of Moses and the Prophets that Jesus here attests to them and will not be convinced, exactly as Abraham told Lazarus, even if one should rise from the dead.

Arthur Brain

Everyone sees at least one.

Romans 1:19

How? You're a Calvinist so what would the "reprobate" be seeing exactly, and what purpose would it serve to show them a sign anyway?

First, yes. Everyone chooses their fate. If you don't believe this then you don't believe the bible (Isaiah 53:6).

Second, I don't have a callous attitude toward those who are driving 90 miles per hour toward hell. In the words of Spurgeon, "“If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our dead bodies. And if they perish, let them perish with our arms wrapped about their knees, imploring them to stay. If Hell must be filled, let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let not one go unwarned and unprayed for.”

But telling people that it is just ok to drive 90 miles an hour off of a cliff because God might bail you out at the last minute isn't loving. God put the sign there for a reason and He doesn't lie.

Everyone 'not living a perfect life' does not equate to "choosing" an eternity of 'hell'. It's all very well rattling off some 'noble' sentiments but it's pretty empty rhetoric. All the prayers and 'exertions' are going to amount to nought if it's all a 'done deal' anyway which is effectively what Calvinism is.

Third, what exactly do you mean by "others that suffer interminaby under your belief."??

Pretty explanatory I would have thought. You don't believe you're going to suffer such a fate do you?

My beliefs are just that, my beliefs. When did our culture get so whiny that we think that what one person believes is harmful to another.

It isn't 'whiny' to object to interminable suffering or a belief that espouses such.
If you don't like my beliefs, then don't believe them. If you don't like what I say in my posts, then there is an easy solution to that problem, don't read them.

If you don't like the book, stop turning the pages.

If you don't want to know what bible really has to say on this topic, nobody is stopping you from plugging your ears.

Nobody's stopping you from opening your eyes either to stop being blinkered by doctrine. If you think you're the arbiter of 'what the bible really says' then you're a writing cliche as well frankly. Theologically this is predominantly an open theist website where Calvinism is regarded as erroneous to outright heresy depending, so comments like yours hold zero sway.

Darn tootin'

:thumb:

Wrong. Everyone sees at least one. The problem isn't a lack of signage the universal problem is that drivers the world round don't care to heed the signs. So God enables some to trust the signage and turn around.

Eh, semantics. Might as well say that Stevie Wonder was shown a 'Thin Ice' sign before he realized he was on a frozen lake. I mean, what is the point of everyone supposedly being given a sign of some sort if only a few have the power to recognize them for what they are?

That's Calvinism.

Yeah, wonderful. Well, for the lucky elect anyway. :plain:

This is simply an illustration of the fallacy of appeal to consequences.

Er, no, it isn't.

You don't like the notion of hell therefore you cherry pick the bible for passages that you can twist like pretzels into substantiating universal reconciliation all the while totally ignoring passages that clearly dispute your claims.

There have been numerous posts here pointing out scriptural evidences that contradict your claims. But, by and large, you ignore these and make appeals based on whether or not you think hell is "psychologically" desirable.

I'll freely admit I don't like the notion of it, I doubt anyone with the merest shred of compassion about them would, but that doesn't make your presumptions hold water of any sort. There's numerous scriptures that contradict Calvinism and limited atonement but I doubt you'll even have pause for thought over them. Seriously, you have to redefine the word "all" a myriad times to become "some" under your doctrine.
But this tactic is merely jousting at windmills. Either eternal punishment is true or it isn't. That question isn't going to be settled by appealing to armchair psychology, its going to be settled with sound exegesis.

Yeh, sure. Yours no doubt...

:plain:

Arthur Brain

Most translations have "through" fire because most translators aren't trying to eisegete the word of God like you do.

Nope.

:nono:

Look at the context.

The fire burns away what is consumable (the works of the flesh) and the man whose works are fleshly suffer loss because of that fire. The fire then reveals what eternal (if the person is actually saved).

The fire doesn't save the flesh, it destroys it.

Is the devil himself now being salted with fire according to Mark 9?

"And they marched up over the broad plain of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city, but fire came down from heaven and consumed them,
10 and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever. (Rev 20:9-10 ESV)​

:doh:

No, what the bible actually says is that they will be tormented day and night forever and ever in the same lake of fire that God throws unbelievers into.

And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

(Rev 20:15-21:1 ESV)
So, explain to us all how you believe that the lake of fire that torments the devil saves those whose names aren't written in the book of life.

Well, symbology? I mean, tell me how death is physically cast into a lake of anything and how that is supposed to make any sort of literal sense for a start...

Ben Masada

Eternal human suffering in this so called hell is part of the devils work; I am accused of twisting the scriptures because I have found the life of all of humanity in them. Really its the devil who has twisted the bible and squezzed this eternal suffering out of it. In 1 John 3:8 Jesus purpose is to destroy the works of the devil, and the devil is working on God's churches inside out.

This hell doctrine will be destroyed, this limited gospel will be exposed, and the Great gospel of truth will prevail. We all make it; I know its hard to believe, but IF you just really knew how God and Christ is, you would believe it. They are VERY loving and supportive of our future; they WANT us with them in eternity; ALL of us! When one sheep was lost, the good sheppard left the flock and went and found that sheep; Christ IS the good sheppard, he will NOT loose any of us! Don't you believe that about God; his saving hand is not short; his heart is completely in Love with us; he loves us so much, he just can't help himself.

There is neither hell nor eternal human suffering. BTW, there is nothing eternal about man. Eternity belongs with Yahweh only.

Ben Masada

Hell to me is simply perceived separation from God. It is a man-made concept (often employed as a fear-tactic) solidified by the identity of the personality. Unfortunately the personality is not who we really are. There is a true identity that the personality imitates and this true identity is always one with God. Peace.

Yes, hell is a man-made concept to scare the people IN the church.

Arthur Brain

I'm not exactly speaking in terms just black and white. In Revelation 20, which I just quoted in this thread today, those not written into the book of life are judged according to their deeds. What is clear, though, is that there are only two masters and those who aren't written into the book of life clearly are enemies of God. They are at the very least ambivalent about, and opposed to God, not apathetic.

Well, is an unbeliever an 'enemy' of God? An agnostic, just on that alone?

Clearly you're referring to the element in early Christianity of accepting Origen's ideas about universal salvation; incidentally, it was under Origen's literary influence that Lucian taught Arius theology, who subsequently began the Arian controversy.

The historical record is clear in that the West, which propagated and accepted the Nicene Creed and canons, was a bastion against such ideas. Any involved study of Athanasius in particular will also reveal, beyond the controversy over Arian thinking that people predominantly associate Athanasius with, that not only was there a significant segment of Eastern bishops against such ideas (as well as others who disagreed with those elements in the substance of their writing, but were not so clear on the details because of complicated terminology, Eusebius being a prime example), but the laity resented Arian, Sabellian, Nestorian, Eutychian, and other such influences which took the wild, uncommitted fancies of Origen too far.

It was hardly 'just Origen' but hey. Either a cut and paste or a lot of fanciful rhetoric going on there...

The Ecumenical Creeds were upheld, and there has always been substantial agreement on those details within the whole of Christendom. The majority Christians today worship in an older order church, and those churches which were part of the original schisms are unanimous on subject such as this. So, on the contrary, I'm not appealing to fundamentalist thinking, but what the majority of Christians believe.

Er, no, there hasn't. If there had you wouldn't have the myriad versions of "hell" even just among those who believe in it as some place/realm of torment...

Arthur Brain

What would be impressive is if you could spend at least a single post explaining why the passages which contradict you, either don't actually contradict you or are not truthful.

Who's the more powerful and loving deity:

A one who can create life, reconcile everything and ultimately lose nothing in the process overall.

One who can't.

bsmitts

It seems to be the Christian way of thinking. I agree with God in all the things he does, but I disagree with eternal suffering of humans. I don't believe for a minute that God will allow that, but the Christian mind does agree with it, because they think God will allow it. I think they got it wrong, they may be good intentioned, but they seem to not be able to equate just how long eternity is.

The fire of God actually saves people, in 1 Corinth. 3:15, " If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss, but he himself shall be saved, by fire!" Here the fire of God saves people, its benefical, so the lake of fire is not the Christian hell. Jesus said we all must be salted with fire! Or seasoned with it. Mark 9:49.

Firstly, you refer to The Bible as "the Christian way of thinking." Therefore, you deduce the Bible is man made. However, The Holy Scriptures, though penned by the hands of men, are inspired by The Holy Spirit. 2 Peter 1:20-21. Now that I've put that whole man made thing to bed, I see you read the scriptures Nevertheless, you apparently don't know how to take them in context as you twist the meanings. You have to read more than just one verse in order to understand the context of what the scriptures are referring to. Does that make sense? Let's take a look at the one you quoted: 1 Corinthians 3:15 Now take a look 4 verses up all the way to 1 Corinthians 3:11 We see here that, in context, Paul is referring to believers in this passage. Not unbelievers. He says "this foundation." What foundation, you ask? Jesus, as in verse 11. The fire referred to in 1 Corinthians is not the fire of hell. Get that? Christians will be judged too, by Christ, as by fire to reveal their eternal reward. Though some believer's rewards will be burned up by that fire, he himself will be saved because of Jesus, who is "the believer's foundation." Now, as for Mark 9:49, please read again from verse 42-49. Here you will see the context Christ refers to when he talks about being salted with fire, and he is undoubtedly referring to Hell and when he uses the word "everyone" in verse 49, he doesn't mean "everyone." He means "everyone who is in hell." I hope this helps you clarify. Remember, you must take everything in the Bible in its proper context, else you will simply confuse yourself.
I pray you will come to Christ by The Holy Spirit in true faith and repentance. God bless!

Last edited:

Lon

A few scriptures came to mind as I was reading...
How? You're a Calvinist so what would the "reprobate" be seeing exactly, and what purpose would it serve to show them a sign anyway?
1) That he needs a Savior and 2) that his/her turning from God is something he/she desires, else you'd be saved John 12:37-50 Mark 4:12 2 Timothy 2:25

Everyone 'not living a perfect life' does not equate to "choosing" an eternity of 'hell'. It's all very well rattling off some 'noble' sentiments but it's pretty empty rhetoric. All the prayers and 'exertions' are going to amount to nought if it's all a 'done deal' anyway which is effectively what Calvinism is.
There is something inside of me, having heard the gospel, that persuaded me toward repentance and desire for Christ, upon hearing the gospel message that I needed His saving Grace. There is something inside of you that rejects and/or resists it. Question: Do you have control of that 'something?' Read the above verses again, perhaps Romans 9 as well.

Pretty explanatory I would have thought. You don't believe you're going to suffer such a fate do you?
This wasn't toward me, but I'd lean on all my answers thus far against the notion and 2 Timothy 2:25 is a good reminder to me as well as one of the verses I gave for you.

It isn't 'whiny' to object to interminable suffering or a belief that espouses such.
I again think hell is a suffering at our own hands. For instance again, what made you refuse the gospel story that you are a sinner, that Christ died for our sins and rose again, and that by believing you may have life in His name? Why didn't that make a difference in your life. What are you choosing instead? Aren't you the one choosing it? Romans helps answer some of these question, for this one, Romans 9 for me.

Nobody's stopping you from opening your eyes either to stop being blinkered by doctrine. If you think you're the arbiter of 'what the bible really says' then you're a writing cliche as well frankly. Theologically this is predominantly an open theist website where Calvinism is regarded as erroneous to outright heresy depending, so comments like yours hold zero sway.
I don't think it always an issue, and I try to argue from a perspective that scripture has answers without you needing my interpretation. I try to let them speak for themselves. This isn't/wasn't to me in particular, but it could have been so I address it from my own perspective, not to interpose, but to add a few thoughts of my own as well as try to connect you with scriptures.

Eh, semantics. Might as well say that Stevie Wonder was shown a 'Thin Ice' sign before he realized he was on a frozen lake. I mean, what is the point of everyone supposedly being given a sign of some sort if only a few have the power to recognize them for what they are?
Romans 1 is beyond one sign in the way Paul expresses it. He goes on to discuss much of your dialogue here with dialogos in detail, so I often point to Romans and the gospel of John for answering them.

Yeah, wonderful. Well, for the lucky elect anyway. :plain:
This again, wasn't written to me, but as I'm interjecting my thoughts, I'm trying to field as much of your concern as I can. A conversation like this might be seen a bit from any one particular Christian perspective that it need not get too tied up in election. What I mean is this: From a Calvinist pov, God knows if you are elect or not, we then together are trying to discover if that is so. An Arminian would say the moment you choose, you are elect, and the Open Theist would say about the same, that Christ elected to save those who are lost. As a Calvinist, I see me slightly in the mix, but rather see you and God coming to meet over a truth where you will follow, or will not. "Why one and not the other" is peering beneath both your veil and God's. As a Calvinist, my job is to ensure you two meet. If I haven't done a good job, I hope I can do better introductions when next you meet.

Er, no, it isn't. I'll freely admit I don't like the notion of it, I doubt anyone with the merest shred of compassion about them would, but that doesn't make your presumptions hold water of any sort. There's numerous scriptures that contradict Calvinism and limited atonement but I doubt you'll even have pause for thought over them. Seriously, you have to redefine the word "all" a myriad times to become "some" under your doctrine.
If I were more a part of the conversation, I'd have to try to carefully extract "Calvinist" rhetoric from the discussion of "hell." While our Calvinism certainly informs our understanding of hell, it shouldn't a reason why any related doctrine is shucked by the wayside. The greater part of Christendom holds to a literal view of Scripture and Jesus talks about hell. That is more important in a conversation like this than a 'Calvinist' or 'Arminian' talking about hell.

Yeh, sure. Yours no doubt...

:plain:
My final assuming, where such isn't directed at me, but where I'd had to answer would be to say that one vested in scriptures would probably be one to defer to. Such doesn't demand, it merely defers and listens. When we paid professors, we didn't buy in wholesale, that wasn't what we were paying for, and this time its free and he seems willing to invest in your time. This thread will either be a rally without a lot of research or investigation (reactionary) or will be more organized, orderly, and investigatory. It seems to have a lot of youthful exuberance from the outset :think: It seems pointed on that course, but the side conversations may delve deeper. Your questions and responses provided an opportunity for scripture interactions that were already on my mind. -Lon

Lon

Who's the more powerful and loving deity:

A one who can create life, reconcile everything and ultimately lose nothing in the process overall.

One who can't.
Provided either is an accurate portrayal or legitimate choice? And what if 'we' are wrong as arbiter of 'love' and 'power?' I think this might warrant a rewrite and a bit more thought prior to answers.

Arthur Brain

Provided either is an accurate portrayal or legitimate choice? And what if 'we' are wrong as arbiter of 'love' and 'power?' I think this might warrant a rewrite and a bit more thought prior to answers.

I beg to differ. It's a simple enough question for a reason.

Arthur Brain

A few scriptures came to mind as I was reading... 1) That he needs a Savior and 2) that his/her turning from God is something he/she desires, else you'd be saved John 12:37-50 Mark 4:12 2 Timothy 2:25

Again, what's the point if the "reprobate" are unable to perceive or be able to understand? Like showing a 'stop sign' in France to a tourist who can't read French...

There is something inside of me, having heard the gospel, that persuaded me toward repentance and desire for Christ, upon hearing the gospel message that I needed His saving Grace. There is something inside of you that rejects and/or resists it. Question: Do you have control of that 'something?' Read the above verses again, perhaps Romans 9 as well.

I was drawn to the belief that there was a God behind life years ago, but one of the biggest hindrances was "hell" and the myriad conflicting and sickening takes on it, all from folk who thought they had the "truth" on the matter. I'd already repented and the rest of it.

This wasn't toward me, but I'd lean on all my answers thus far against the notion and 2 Timothy 2:25 is a good reminder to me as well as one of the verses I gave for you.

When someone else suffers you don't feel it yourself Lon, although you can empathize. "Hell" reduces empathy to a husk on the ground oftentimes.
I again think hell is a suffering at our own hands. For instance again, what made you refuse the gospel story that you are a sinner, that Christ died for our sins and rose again, and that by believing you may have life in His name? Why didn't that make a difference in your life. What are you choosing instead? Aren't you the one choosing it? Romans helps answer some of these question, for this one, Romans 9 for me.

You don't have to be someone who claims ethical or spiritual perfection to balk at the doctrine of interminable suffering Lon.

I don't think it always an issue, and I try to argue from a perspective that scripture has answers without you needing my interpretation. I try to let them speak for themselves. This isn't/wasn't to me in particular, but it could have been so I address it from my own perspective, not to interpose, but to add a few thoughts of my own as well as try to connect you with scriptures.

Romans 1 is beyond one sign in the way Paul expresses it. He goes on to discuss much of your dialogue here with dialogos in detail, so I often point to Romans and the gospel of John for answering them.

I'm not unfamiliar with scriptures so there's really no need. People's interpretations of them are a dime a dozen.

This again, wasn't written to me, but as I'm interjecting my thoughts, I'm trying to field as much of your concern as I can. A conversation like this might be seen a bit from any one particular Christian perspective that it need not get too tied up in election. What I mean is this: From a Calvinist pov, God knows if you are elect or not, we then together are trying to discover if that is so. An Arminian would say the moment you choose, you are elect, and the Open Theist would say about the same, that Christ elected to save those who are lost. As a Calvinist, I see me slightly in the mix, but rather see you and God coming to meet over a truth where you will follow, or will not. "Why one and not the other" is peering beneath both your veil and God's. As a Calvinist, my job is to ensure you two meet. If I haven't done a good job, I hope I can do better introductions when next you meet.

No, Lon, as a Calvinist you accept that people are either decreed to Heaven or Hell, that's it. You believe in limited atonement and the 'elect' are elected to Heaven and everyone else isn't to be blunt. It doesn't matter a jot what you do. You could sit in the house all day playing on an X box or spend your days preaching on a street corner. Ultimately it's all been decided in advance of us feeble human beings no matter what.

If I were more a part of the conversation, I'd have to try to carefully extract "Calvinist" rhetoric from the discussion of "hell." While our Calvinism certainly informs our understanding of hell, it shouldn't a reason why any related doctrine is shucked by the wayside. The greater part of Christendom holds to a literal view of Scripture and Jesus talks about hell. That is more important in a conversation like this than a 'Calvinist' or 'Arminian' talking about hell.

Neither "side" can agree on the particulars, so why's that? And that's just on the 'eternal torment' side...

My final assuming, where such isn't directed at me, but where I'd had to answer would be to say that one vested in scriptures would probably be one to defer to. Such doesn't demand, it merely defers and listens. When we paid professors, we didn't buy in wholesale, that wasn't what we were paying for, and this time its free and he seems willing to invest in your time. This thread will either be a rally without a lot of research or investigation (reactionary) or will be more organized, orderly, and investigatory. It seems to have a lot of youthful exuberance from the outset :think: It seems pointed on that course, but the side conversations may delve deeper. Your questions and responses provided an opportunity for scripture interactions that were already on my mind. -Lon

"Youthful exuberance"? Let me tell ya, an abhorrence to interminable suffering doesn't begin and end in youth so you're doing the OP somewhat of a disservice there IMO. Rational debate sure.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
It does not make sense to me, if a human rejects God and lives that way for 70 years, what kind of legal or fair justice would then punish that human for an eternity; the punishment does not fit the crime, and it does not match the reputation of God.

You are exactly right. This is one of the biggest sacred cows in Christianity though, so krischuns struggle to justify it. Even for Hitler or (insert evil guy's name here) _____ people know it would be unjust to torment them forever. It does not pass the straight face test.

The wages of sin is death. The punishment is eternal, but it is not eternal torture. Even in the case of Hitler that would make god a monster. It is the destruction of the soul that people should fear, as we see Jesus warning about in Mat10:28 NASB .Your soul is destroyed, you cease to exist for eternity, and after you have met God Himself, and realize what you have missed out on, it will be a very sorrowful and obviously "eternal" punishment.

Last edited:

lukecash12

I thought you were Catholic? I heard about hell first through them.

Seems pretty odd to me too, for someone to name himself after John Chrysostom and not agree with the most beloved saint of the East that there is a hell. The guy was a monastic minded bishop, for Pete's sake, and he roundly criticized monks who followed Origen and believed in universal salvation.

lukecash12

Here's a strange Idea, all the sins of humanity have been forgiven, 1 John 1:7, 1 John 2:2. With all sin forgiven, all can be saved; nothing in the way except the believers who are hung up on sin.

Here's another strange idea: you could stop wiggling around and respond to one of my posts. Or are you afraid that someone rigorous is capable of trashing your theology, which has clearly been feebly cobbled together?

Stuu

I am not Christian, Jewish or Muslim either, but I believe it is once appointed for humans to die.
If you aren't an Abrahamist then why on earth would you believe their nonsense?

There has never been a time of humans 'not dying'. You'd have to be living in a fantasy conspiracy bubble to believe that. Which explains why many christians do believe it.

Heaven has meaning to me, because it is supposed to for now; to those it has no meaning to, its not supposed to now have meaning.
I was suggesting that the Judeo-christian concept of heaven should have no meaning for anyone. In fact it not only has no meaning but is a denial of meaning.

Stuart

lukecash12

Well, is an unbeliever an 'enemy' of God? An agnostic, just on that alone?

You tell me: if your master is someone's enemy, and you serve that master, doesn't that make you an enemy yourself? Please do tell me you're capable of some thinking a little bit more critical and productive than "really?", or "nuh'uh!".

It was hardly 'just Origen' but hey. Either a cut and paste or a lot of fanciful rhetoric going on there...
"Cut and paste", "fanciful rhetoric"? It would be nice to see a more substantial rebuttal than what amounts to a "nuh'uh" with "that's cute, did you think of that all by yourself" from you. Apparently you think I'm just blowing smoke and pretending that I can make a substantial historical case for orthodoxy. Well if think you've really got a grip on the issue then try me. Tell me what you think was going on aside from "just Origen" (your words, not mine) if you know so much about the subject.

Somehow I doubt that you've even read much of early patristic literature in the first place. But hey, I can be wrong. Maybe you've spent just as many hours reading epistles, homilies, creeds, canons, councils, and commentaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.